• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

"the eternal derby"

N

nosferatu

There's always a lot of passion and pride going into this encounter, between the two most ***led teams of the Romanian championship - Steaua(24 times champions) and Dinamo(15 times), both of Bucharest.

This year's playoff game ended undecided, a hardly fought 14-all tie, with each team managing to score a try.

Below some photos, courtesy of rugby.ro
dinamo-steaua-gramada_caplescu.jpg

dinamo-steaua-patrundere_steaua.jpg

dinamo-steaua-balon_la_sol.jpg

dinamo-steaua-sar_dupa_balon.jpg

Ah, a tie like this brings mixed feelings. On one hand I'm upset Steaua didn't win the match, on the other hand, I'm glad Dinamo didn't. Anyhow, it's not every year you witness something like this, especially at the most awaited game of the romanian championship. I'll mark this along the solar eclipse I witnessed, and who knows what other rare (maybe once in a lifetime) events.

Steaua lost both the Romanian Cup and Romanian National League finals in front of Dinamo. :( Next year hope to be more successfull for Steaua.

They used to, until a few years back, when it was decided it's best, for the interest of Romanian rugby, that we send a representative, more like Romania A in composition than only Bucharest. This makes that our best players get more games together against quality opposition.

Does anyone have any videos with Romania or any other country at Rugby World Cup 2007?! If you do , please contact me .. I love rugby so much and I want to collect videos from World CUp...Until now I have only the qf NZL-FRA

Hello friends
and especially Romanians
and I would like to say that it's time to let our rugby clubs into the European tournaments and championships this will add more intrigue to these plays
Cheers from Georgia

El Salvador and Bucureşti Rugby (a club made up of the best of the Romanian domestic league) have been good additions to the European Rugby Cup and I think they should add a couple more nations modeled on the Bucureşti Rugby concept.

Anyway, forget that, I was watching Eurosport the other day and they had the mother of all ***** matches: Japan vs China in women's volleyball!

Actually, could you imagine how awful the atmosphere in a 90,000 seater stadium split 50/50 between Japan and All Black fans would be?

All you'd have would be chants "All Blacks! *cha cha cha*" against chants of "Nippon! *cha cha cha*", awful! Give me the awful droning of the home nations vs the drunken groaning of Springbok fans any day*

*Admit it guys, no matter how good the songs are, its an undeniable fact that we all sound worse than a cat drowning underwater. Drinking five pints before/during the match doesn't help either.

Latest posts