"the eternal derby"

Discussion in 'International Test Matches' started by nosferatu, Mar 29, 2008.

1. nosferatu

nosferatu Guest

There's always a lot of passion and pride going into this encounter, between the two most titled teams of the Romanian championship - Steaua(24 times champions) and Dinamo(15 times), both of Bucharest.

This year's playoff game ended undecided, a hardly fought 14-all tie, with each team managing to score a try.

Below some photos, courtesy of rugby.ro
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Nidhogg

Nidhogg Guest

If it's a tie, then who won??? :p

4. nosferatu

nosferatu Guest

Who do you think? <_<
    The referee!

5. P0IS0N

P0IS0N Guest

Ah, a tie like this brings mixed feelings. On one hand I'm upset Steaua didn't win the match, on the other hand, I'm glad Dinamo didn't. Anyhow, it's not every year you witness something like this, especially at the most awaited game of the romanian championship. I'll mark this along the solar eclipse I witnessed, and who knows what other rare (maybe once in a lifetime) events.

6. nosferatu

nosferatu Guest

The last time was 15 years ago :)

Here a video of the tries.

7. 1on

1on Guest

Steaua lost both the Romanian Cup and Romanian National League finals in front of Dinamo. :( Next year hope to be more successfull for Steaua.

8. Fa'atau82

Fa'atau82 Guest

Why don't Dinamo or Steaua enter ECC? Why is it a regional side?

9. nosferatu

nosferatu Guest

They used to, until a few years back, when it was decided it's best, for the interest of Romanian rugby, that we send a representative, more like Romania A in composition than only Bucharest. This makes that our best players get more games together against quality opposition.

10. Does anyone have any videos with Romania or any other country at Rugby World Cup 2007?! If you do , please contact me .. I love rugby so much and I want to collect videos from World CUp...Until now I have only the qf NZL-FRA

11. alexrugby

alexrugby Guest

Hello friends
    and especially Romanians
    and I would like to say that it's time to let our rugby clubs into the European tournaments and championships this will add more intrigue to these plays
    Cheers from Georgia

12. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

El Salvador and Bucure┼čti Rugby (a club made up of the best of the Romanian domestic league) have been good additions to the European Rugby Cup and I think they should add a couple more nations modeled on the Bucure┼čti Rugby concept.

Anyway, forget that, I was watching Eurosport the other day and they had the mother of all bitch matches: Japan vs China in women's volleyball!

Actually, could you imagine how awful the atmosphere in a 90,000 seater stadium split 50/50 between Japan and All Black fans would be?

All you'd have would be chants "All Blacks! *cha cha cha*" against chants of "Nippon! *cha cha cha*", awful! Give me the awful droning of the home nations vs the drunken groaning of Springbok fans any day*

*Admit it guys, no matter how good the songs are, its an undeniable fact that we all sound worse than a cat drowning underwater. Drinking five pints before/during the match doesn't help either.

13. Stop spamming for downloads <_<

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!