• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The European Champion's Champions Cup: Guinness Pro 14 - R.19

After last night Treviso are toast but yeah, after the Irish teams I always check the Italians next. Theyve beaten more than half the teams in the league between them this year too...

Few minutes in and Kleyn already trying to scrap a team full of his countrymen along with Grobler. Love Kleyn dearly.
Bad news is losing Cronin so early to a scrum he dominated. He's the better scrummager to Kilcoyne and we'll miss him from 1 or 17 for the semi.

Cheetahs snatch a bp victory at the death. Munster, this is a must win game now or else next week is for a home QF with Europe a week later!

Cheetahs snatch a bp victory at the death. Munster, this is a must win game now or else next week is for a home QF with Europe a week later!

It was never really a concern. The match has mostly been one-sided, we just managed to fall behind due to taking a collective nap right after conceding a soft yellow card. It always felt like a sure thing that Kings would fall away in the second half.

Yeah was never in doubt I felt. Nice to hear some atmosphere at a Kings match, even if it is because of our fans. Some good, some bad to take from tonight. Hadn't seen a lot of guys like Nash, Stafford, Fitzgerald or Scott before. Poor start, but was ok. Thought Hanrahan did well from 15 to be honest. Keatley did some great running, but goal kicking poor enough.

1 thing I'd say on tonight and today is our lads were hid with the heat. Even today going around we are not used to that. Happy with the win and well good workout

Thought Hanrahan did well from 15 to be honest.

I'm always nervous to see Hanrahan at 15 now, because he was absolutely annihilated under the high ball in a match near the start of the season when he was playing at 15. He's had a couple of good performances at 15 more recently, but I haven't seen him targeted like that since. If that's still a hole in his game, I'm not sure I want him to be in contention for a starting spot there for our more important games.

It'll be interesting to see who becomes our first choice full back when Zebo is gone. I feel like it should and probably will be Conway, but you never know. Mike Haley is coming in too, so that'll also have an impact.

Hanrahan is a great squad guy, but we do seem to have better options for all the spots he's competing for. I wonder does that just become his role going forwards, or will he manage to find his lane.

Dammit. I have to think the Blues probably would have had that match if their preparations hadn't been disrupted.

Quality try by the Kings at around 5 mins 40 secs.

If they keep Davids as a coach and strengthen their pack and half backs over the break then I think they'll improve significantly (apparently their governing union at Eastern Cape is managing to break even - so the financial uncertainty of recent years might pass).

I'm always nervous to see Hanrahan at 15 now, because he was absolutely annihilated under the high ball in a match near the start of the season when he was playing at 15. He's had a couple of good performances at 15 more recently, but I haven't seen him targeted like that since. If that's still a hole in his game, I'm not sure I want him to be in contention for a starting spot there for our more important games.

It'll be interesting to see who becomes our first choice full back when Zebo is gone. I feel like it should and probably will be Conway, but you never know. Mike Haley is coming in too, so that'll also have an impact.

Hanrahan is a great squad guy, but we do seem to have better options for all the spots he's competing for. I wonder does that just become his role going forwards, or will he manage to find his lane.

Unfortunately JJ hasn't kicked on at all. He has natural talent but he doesn't have the brain to use it. That's how it looks to me.

On the plus side, Calvin Nash looks a really good player and I bet Schmidt will be very interested.

Latest posts