The Future Of Japanese Rugby

Japanese_Hero

Academy Player
Country Flag
Japan
Club or Nation
Japan
hey guys, how are you today.

so the top league part off the forum hasn't been making that much new threads i thought this thread might be a good idea to post

so pretty much i just wanted your guys thoughts (even if you know nothing about japanese rugby) what you think will happen to japanese rugby in the future or what you the japanese could do to even improve our rugby thanks guys to reading this its much appreciated

i was surprise with the japanese this year. i was at the scotland vs japan game and it showed me and the world that basic passing rugby is the key to scoring tries and i think that is what the japanese rugby needs a better understanding off basic rugby and using more simple rugby. but i think the main problem with japanese rugby is the lack off defence like i'll admit that some off the tries that scotland scored against japan could have easily been defended for example when Henry Pyrgos chip it on the 5 metre line into the try line any team could have easily have gotten to it and stop lamont from scoring but the lack of japanese defending cost japan another try. i see that more japanese players are moving to the super 15 rugby which i think could help the japanese rugby alot.

In the short term they need to expose more Japanese players to a higher level of provincial level Rugby aka Super Rugby. Top League sides need to play in a champions style league at some point in the future. Their participation in the Pacific Cup will also help. I feel they need to prioritize the sevens program more as well with the aim of becoming a core side. The JRFU should look at their U20 program and securing promotion to the JWC, more in terms of pre tournament preparation.

Latest posts