The Gold Brigade/The Call of the Wallaby

RWC2011Fan

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Ireland
This is an absolutely fantastic watch:

Say what you want about their commentary, but the crew at Fox Sports are an entertaining bunch. Really love what they do and how invested they are in Australian rugby. I think it's great that the issue with the crowds has been brought to the fore-front and I hope this campaign works for them. Last year's Bledisloe Cup in Sydney was a disaster in terms of support, although I think part of it may have been a side-effect of the Lions Tour. Still, it's incredible to think about all of the success Australia had in the '90s/early 2000s when comparing it to now. In all fairness though, I don't think the Wallabies have been all that bad recently in terms of results. I think they've mostly been hampered by their inability to defeat the All Blacks, but which team hasn't these past couple of years?

Anyway, here are the Facebook and Twitter pages:
https://twitter.com/GoldBrigade
https://www.facebook.com/TheGoldBrigade

Maybe Scotland should look at doing something similar, although their problems lie more on the field than off it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't watch it but I've seen a tiny bit hype through social media. Would be good for the Aussie public to get behind the Wallabies. For that to happen I think the Waratahs will have to beat the Crusaders and the Wallabies will have to win the Bledisloe.

I am a Kiwi who lives in Aussie and plays subbies Rugby in Sydney

User error...

It would be the best thing to happen to Australian Rugby in a long time, but I don't want it to happen and I don't think it'll happen. But if it does, so be it. I don't think it'll be a bad thing for the ABs in the long run.

dammit, missed last night's episode.

I'm not asking for "Wallaby Domination". I just want to be able to watch the Wallabies again with a 50% chance that they may beat the All Blacks. it would make for an exciting match/series and bring back the crowds.

The reason the crowds have gone AWOL in the last 10 years is 100% because are no chance against the All Blacks and beating them the ultimate goal of all other top tier rugby nations.

it's not all that bad.. you did manage to scrape up a draw back in one of the 2012 matches... :p

it's not all that bad.. you did manage to scrape up a draw back in one of the 2012 matches... :p

yeah that's the thing, when we have drawn or won there's a lot of luck involved. in Brisbane when we won the trinations, we were lucky to have a handy lead after 2 inuries to AB backrowers and even then we almost got beaten. Hong Kong, JOC scored and converted on the bell to get the win otherwise it was another one chalked up to NZ.

The last time I remember the Wallabies having a convincing win over NZ was 2008 I think in Sydney, Deans first match against NZ.

Latest posts