• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Golf Thread

Anyone backing players this week? Can't say I love any long shots (they don't do well in Augusta historically).

Have 20 on Scheffler and then 10 on each of Koepka, Rahm and Niemann.

Was tempted by Wyndham Clark but it's his first masters and he plays a fade which isn't optimal.

Refuse to bet on Schauffele. Rory won't do it.

Lowry, Matsuyama and Reed are the only other guys with value I think.

Don't know this year. Rahm again? Rarely get back to back winners. I'll be following it on bbc and then catch the final round on Sunday.

Masters are on my do not support list. I like golf and love watching the other majors but Augusta National is such a **** place.

because of its racist/sexist history?
a bit but it's more what is going on now. I'm a big believer that the majors should be rotated through golf courses that are available to the golfing public. Nothing better than the US Open at Bethpage black or another Muni.

They spend a lot of time and money keeping the animal population on the grounds at zero. It's an attempt to remove golf from reality.

a bit but it's more what is going on now. I'm a big believer that the majors should be rotated through golf courses that are available to the golfing public. Nothing better than the US Open at Bethpage black or another Muni.

They spend a lot of time and money keeping the animal population on the grounds at zero. It's an attempt to remove golf from reality.
Played Bandon and Pacific Dunes while I was in the States. Far far worse venues have held major championships (genuinely don't think there's a parkland course or a course in England that stands up to Pacific), places like that deserve majors over Brookline, Oakmont or even Pebble and the like.

But the masters is my exception. It's golf Mecca, not the greatest course in the world or the most spectacular but the one every golfer is in awe of and wants to make it to one day. It's also almost always a super entertaining tournament.

Psychological killer too, Rory is 2-4 shots worse today than he would be with the same opportunities at any other course. Bad accuracy off the tee cost bogeys but he gave up some easy birdies. Scheffler unflappable at the moment and Dechambeau had a dream day but he'll do well to hit -10 for the week O reckon.

Scheffler to win by 6 at -18 is my prediction half way through day 1. Rory T9 at -9.

There's something to be said to having rotation - not that that's the case at the tennis majors. But yes, the Masters at Augusta is very special. It sticks in my mind even over the Open because of those lush greens and green jacket tradition.

it's been a good masters to this point so the lack of back 9 theatre is fine, I'm going to call it a night as a result. Doubled my money with a bit of change so thank you Scottie.

Wind really changed the KPIs for the leaders though, this is usually a second shot course but driving and short game became far more valuable and on bad driving weeks Rahm, Rory, Lowry and Niemann all struggled despite being favoured to some extent.

Money talks, BS walks.
Don't really know what to think of it (if it's true).

Mcilroy fought loads of battles for the PGA and was essentially their spokesperson against LIV. He really believed in what he was doing and then they merged with the PIF behind his back.

I don't think you turn down generational wealth for those guys.

But then he's right that as a product and a league, LIV sucks.

It's one of those - everyone has their price. If he does a u turn then he loses a lot of respect (for a while) but his already ginormous bank balance will just get even more ginormous.

Latest posts