• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Guitarist Thread

A

aligmacd123

As a guitarist and slightly lazy i couldn't be bothered looking for a thread about this...I thought I wold make one.

Just post guitar anecdotes, reviews, tips and just general crap about guitars...

ef27fd88fdfccbac6fc1d68822efd0c3.jpg

My new guitar

Cheers

Eh, started learning in August, and had an electric guitar for Christmas.

278404920.jpg

Looks a little like that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jan 6 2010, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

278404920.jpg

Looks a little like that.[/b]
Awesome. How you getting on learning?

I've played for about 7years, but haven't played alot in the last year, as i didn't take any of my guitars to my second year of uni,
I've got four guitars, two electric (Explorer and a 'Vintage' PRS Copy), a 12 string acoustic and a six string acoustic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alexmac @ Jan 6 2010, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jan 6 2010, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

278404920.jpg

[/b][/quote]
Pretty good I suppose. My tutor is a little unreliable, but most of the learning comes from what you do in your spare time, I guess. I know for a fact I'm getting better, because my speed switching from chords is increasing.

Should be sitting a test in March. :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jan 6 2010, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alexmac @ Jan 6 2010, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jan 6 2010, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

278404920.jpg

[/b][/quote]
Pretty good I suppose. My tutor is a little unreliable, but most of the learning comes from what you do in your spare time, I guess. I know for a fact I'm getting better, because my speed switching from chords is increasing.

Should be sitting a test in March. :D
[/b][/quote]
Awesomeness...ive got a teacher like that. He's a bit of a prima donna...but he's an amazing guitarist. I've been playing for 8 years now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jan 6 2010, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You've had a tutor for 8 years? :eek:[/b]
Not ive managed to do something to all my teachers...the first one had a triple heart bypass, the second died of cancer, the third is a coke addict... and now ive got this guy.

And i had about four years without one...

I have 4 guitars at the moment. A Cort Dreadnought ( my first), some Spanish Yamaha I bought a few weeks ago, the brothers acoustic and my Epiphone Les Paul in Red Sunbust.

Cort_AD850L_dreadnought.jpg

65d86b66001e5e05b78c9bc74d593cc2.jpg

And so on...

I've been playing for about a year and a half. I'm self taught, which has it's pros and cons. I feel I've plateaued out over the last few months. Any tips for pushing on would be greatly appreciated. Cheers lads.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Jan 6 2010, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have 4 guitars at the moment. A Cort Dreadnought ( my first), some Spanish Yamaha I bought a few weeks ago, the brothers acoustic and my Epiphone Les Paul in Red Sunbust.

Cort_AD850L_dreadnought.jpg

65d86b66001e5e05b78c9bc74d593cc2.jpg

And so on...

I've been playing for about a year and a half. I'm self taught, which has it's pros and cons. I feel I've plateaued out over the last few months. Any tips for pushing on would be greatly appreciated. Cheers lads.[/b]
Have a look at is site Improvise Guitar.

Try doing some improvisation. Learn your major and pentatonic scales to use over them.

The acoustic is a Fleetwood electro-acoustic. The Les Paul is an Epiphone Gothic. Didn't get much change out of a thousand quids for the pair, but bought them a bazillion years ago.

The Bodhran and tin whistles are cheep and cheerful.

Ive got about 5 five guitars. Westfield Strat copy, westfield les paul copy, ibanez jem and this expensive taylor acoustic.

9fd21423dcc3712216923b0afdc1b0b5.jpg

An instrument I've always wanted to play but never really got round to it and tbh now I can't be bothered to start.

sabre01bl2.jpg

46905_p.jpg

My electric guitar is an Ibanez S Series, it's similar to the one pictured above but it's not got a glossy finished - it's got a matte finish. I saved over £100 quid coz i paid for it in cash about 6 years ago and i couldn't help but think £600 for it was a bargain!
My acoustic is just a standard £250 Tanglewood. Nothing special, just sounds nice.

Been playing for about 9 years, but i've never had a tutor.
So as i'm sure you're all aware, unless you've got a gift for music, 9 years of struggling with a guitar without tutorship introduces you to a mediocre guitar player.

Latest posts