• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The "holiday" thread

Saints1

Straight Edge
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
St Helens
Where you off to? How long for? Vacation, or family visit?

I doubt I'm going to get away this summer unfortunately, I think the furthest I'll get away from here is an all expenses paid trip to Stoke to be honest...

Stoke... Oh whoopie.

As a former resident of the potteries I recommend you stay in St. Helens. Unless of course you're accostomed to meeting interbread morons with a penchant for strong cider and cheese oatcakes!

Replace cheese oatcakes with pasties, and you've just described St Helens!

Ive not been away since I went to Prague for my 18th. Near 4 years since I have left this flaming place.

Was going to go to St Cyprien (just by Perpignan) but i've got to work pretty much non-stop this holiday to pay my rent, and my car insurance and mot, so the most exotic i'll get is heading to Aberystwyth to hit the beach

We just got back from Phoenix, AZ and San Diego, CA. Had a great time. My wife and I met up with her childhood friend and her life-partner (lol, no clue what his ***le is, somewhere inbetween boyfriend and husband, but not fiancee).
Had a blast. I love the beach.
26714_10150217453575243_777070242_13203163_6804877_n.jpg

San Diego is on my list of places to go. I want to see a lot more of the world, I've only really seen bits of Europe. Time to start spreading my wings methinks.

Heading out to france to see my grandparents in august managed to slot it in between training for the schools ..up in the alps it hits 30 plus so basically all i can do is golf and get fat ..not used to altitude or the heat so i am ****** both ways :p

I'll be going to exotic Galway this summer with my mates.... Woo! Savage little town. Also expect to hear of Feicarsinn's travels to Waterford, Cork, Donegal, Belfast, anywhere except Limerick etc.

I'll be going to exotic Galway this summer with my mates.... Woo! Savage little town. Also expect to hear of Feicarsinn's travels to Waterford, Cork, Donegal, Belfast, anywhere except Limerick etc.

GALWAY!!! the kand of endless sunshine, rugby talent and beautiful peacefull coastlines!

i think im off to tropical belfast woo! the joys

I've always wanted to go to Belfast but simply don't have the resources to try it, or Dublin. I hear they're both expensive.

Meh, you can get by on a shoestring if you put the effort it. I've been doing it for the last 18 and a bit years.

Dublin and Belfast are great. Anyplace can be expensive if you allow it to be. San Diego can be wicked expensive if you let it. That's why we moved away from there in 2005. We have the luck of being able to stay with family in Belfast, so I don't really know what the expense is there. Dublin can be pricey, but if you put your research in, you can always find hostels or even cheap hotels. Sort out the public transportation system vs. using taxis etc...
Use the Force Dan!

Galway > Dublin. Smaller city centre obviously, but not proportionally so. Is usually bt of a student town so during the summer there are loads of places to go. Will probably head down surfing during the week at some time too.

Yeah I doubt I will get outside of Cork after the Oxygen fell through. I'll spend my summer getting drunk and playing GAA like a true Irishman! :p

Ah there's nothing like a Junior C football game in the league against the muck-savages across the way. There'll always be one lad who'll forget the gear and the ridiculously fat lad who only just squeezes into the jersey. Truly the game of kings.

Hey, don't slander our beautiful games with talk of Kings and filthy things like that!! :p Wouldn't mind a few weeks on a beach somewhere though at the same time haha :)

Latest posts