• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Last Aussie Game

I can see England thoroughly dominating northern hemisphere rugby for the forseeable future and becoming the pre-eminent world champions and world no.1 in time to come, all the odds are stacked in their favour.
The unfulfilled potential in England is mind boggling.
The juggernaut is slowly waking up and when it gets going it will be unstoppable.
When they finally eclipse the AB's, I doubt we will ever have the means to rule the roost again.
We will become alike to Carthage and Twickenham will be Rome.
In terms of player catchment and economics we (NZ) are a minnow compared to England.
Only South Africa can appear to compete with England and they have a debiliating quota system.

You have something England hasn't, tons of pacific islanders

brains beats brawn every day of the week and england have their share of islanders. not saying that islanders are all brawn no brains but i'm saying theres a lot more to rugby than just physical attributes.
however brains plus brawn is pretty undeniable as shown by honourary samoans richie makou and tanielu kata

Auckland is the biggest Polynesian city in the world.
It's going to happen.
England seems to be doing ok in getting it's own polynesians. ;-)
Don't forget we also have seriously good Maori players as well and a history of them in the AB's.
We even have a few whiteys. o_O

Just rewatched the Baa Baas game with a mate, that really should be the last game Brendan Pickerill should ever be allowed to referee, disallowing the "up the jumper" try I can understand from a pedantic rules based POV, but his explanation of his ruling to the players showed just what a prat he is. Then the 2 YCs for the Barbarians were the icing on the cake, ludicrous decisions, totally against the spirit of the game and destroyed the final 10 minutes of what had been an entertaining game. What a massive twat.

Auckland is the biggest Polynesian city in the world.
It's going to happen.
England seems to be doing ok in getting it's own polynesians. ;-)
Don't forget we also have seriously good Maori players as well and a history of them in the AB's.
We even have a few whiteys. o_O

I include maoris into the pacific islanders bunch (in case it wasn't inaccurate mixing polynesians and melanesians and australian aborigines), so it was part of my point

They have physical features no others have and it's not like they lack brains to play...

Well, I was right about the NZ game but wrong about the Japan game. 50/50 on contrarian views is not too bad!

To an extent that Aus just got off to a good start against Japan. I am not trying to take anything away from the Wallabies for a comprehensive win, but man, Japan played two bad matches in a row. I was not expecting them to play that poorly. Japan is my #2 team after the Boks and I have family there.

Anyhow, best of luck to the Wallabies on tour. I think that Wales is weak and I really hope that Aus beats Scotland and England.

England have the wood over Aussie at the moment and I suspect playing them at Twickers will be a bridge too far for Mr Cheika.

Latest posts