Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Hong Kong
Club or Nation
British Irish Lions

First episode only released by sky on YouTube for free. 👏😃

Right off to watch episode 3.

It's shaping up to be a very watchable series.
I still see Pedro Pascal as the DEA agent from Narcos every time I see him.

Episode 3 was good. Different from the game but I can see why. Touching on different themes and more relevant to real world issues.

Shame they didn't recreate the graveyard scene with clickers. ☹️

Last edited:
I always pictured Hugh Jackman playing Joel but Pedro is still very good. Bella Ramsey as Ellie is excellent though. She will grow into the role.

And despite not being exactly like the game scene for scene, and knowing what'll happen still very watchable as you say.

Really enjoying the season so far. Enjoyed the story of episode 3. It was quite refreshing in many ways and provided some good background to world etc

Only frustrating thing is it makes me want to go back and play the game again but I lent it to a friend and can't remember who.

Pascal is hugely watchable in anything he's in. Its a shame they cover his head for most The Mandalorian but his time in Game of Thrones made me want to see more stuff he's in.

Also worth checking out The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent for his comedic chops.

Episode 3 was the first massive departure from the game the characters are still there and the end of the chapter remains the same in terms of what was accomplished for Joel and Ellie. Still that's where the adaptation lies Bill in a video game can be very different in a TV show because your not trying to convey history through notes left around and the visual environment because you can afford a 40-50 min cut scene explaining the history of the character. Also great in telling us what the letter at the end means to Joel and his refocus of motivations.

Read some people didn't like it because it didn't move the plot along....well one for the reasons above that is just nonsense. But also as my wife said after it finished "I loved it bet you people will find a reason to hate for the obvious".

Also how do we feel about spoilers in this thread? I've been very aware others won't have played the computer game four times like myself so have been trying to stay coy on what hasn't aired.

I am ok with spoilers as I played the game like 5 times. But yeh deliberately didn't refer to specific ones in case others haven't played the game.

But yeh since Breaking bad and GOT (except the last series) set the bar ridiculously high for what fans want from tv shows.

Another cracking episode. Can't wait for next week's episode.

Great cover.

Loved Episode three. Users reviews mixed on metacritic and rotten tomatos. If you've seen it yep they hated it for the obvious reasons.

It's a funny world we live in where so many people strive for equality and a more accepting live for everyone to enjoy…but then some people also take the time to review bomb a tv show because they think it's ramming a viewpoint down their throats. Stupid really.

I made the mistake of reading some of the Facebook comments, Jesus wept! People claiming if it was a heterosexual couple they still wouldn't have watched the episode etc what planet do these people live in.

I thought the episode was a really moving piece which showed a great backstory to the game. Great tv.

They released episode 5 early because it clashed with the Super Bowl. But really enjoyed it, especially the end bit.

7th episode is just the DLC left behind. Next one should be good with David.

Am I the only one keeping up?😢

Episode 8, the David episode. "Everything happens for a reason." Just don't eat your dinner while watching it. 🤢

robert eggers patience GIF

I've been out in Canada for 2 weeks so need to catch up with the wife.

Yep good to binge watch before the last one next week.

Really tempted to play the game again. Still got my PS4 (played the original and remastered many times before) and thinking about upgrading to the PS5 still. But upgraded part 1 is still going for £60. And not worth it for me until it comes way down. Even II is worth another play through after this.

Last edited:
I
Yep good to binge watch before the last one next week.

Really tempted to play the game again. Still got my PS4 (played the original and remastered many times before) and thinking about upgrading to the PS5 still. But upgraded part 1 is still going for £60. And not worth it for me until it comes way down. Even II is worth another play through after this.
I've started the remastered one again, game really holds up even today and it's just as good as the first time I played it.

Even though it's linear, it's one of the best games ever!

Even though it's linear, it's one of the best games ever!
I think linearity in games is vastly underrated. Open World games can be fun but sometimes they a detriment to the storytelling at times. For every Red Dead Redemption 2 you always get a bunch of games which are too sidetracked and don't tell a decent focused story for where even though the story is good the game fulls it with busy work so you don't focus. Spider-Man is probably a good example of modern times of the open world and side missions getting in the way of a very well told story.

Latest posts