• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The little things in rugby 2005

A

ak47

Thought I’d post some stuff that I learnt from my 1 hour of the full version of rugby 2005
Training mode â€" this is very good like the pes series……..u have about 10 drills to complete ranging from sidestepping, fending, tackling and kicking
Like the pes series, u gotto run the length of the field thru witches hats, stepping fending ur way past defenders, timing of the fend/step is crucial to success, and works brilliantly.
On defending drill â€" 15 playes line-up on the 22, u the solo man on a mission have to tackle whomever runs before they get to the tryline. Very similar to bullrush. The tackling animations are perfect and there’s tonnes…….u really feel the tackles and they always have momentum depending if the tackler is the enforcer or whether the attacker has the go forward.
Kicking drill is **** â€" coz kicking is ****
Drop kicking drill â€" if anyone can do this I’ll be surprised……..u gotto slot in FG’s and u cant see the posts, and u cant see the arcs shadow to see the line of the kick….very hit and miss and if ur lucky u’ll pass

Pause menu has the following
Game stats â€" most in depth rugby stats every, from % of line-out/scrum on own throw, to possession and territory, I even think total tackles was there
Scoring summary â€" like madden very good
Squad management - subs
Sound options â€" commentary to crowd
Gameplay options â€" sliders for knock-ons fatigue and injury
Display option â€" radar, to screen position

Mins per match half from: 5, 10, 15, 20 mins per half
Stadiums â€" sorted by country then city, very user friendly and like madden
Weather â€" its raining outside today
Wind â€" turn it up for johnny
Difficulty â€" easy, normal, hard

RWC’s â€" 1997, 2003, and 2007 world cups…and a random schedule
Lions tour â€" Australia, NZ and south Africa………..u can deside if u want to play warm up matches against domestic sides aswell
World League â€" 3 divisions, all the domestic teams, every player â€" the cream of the crop â€" it’s the master league in rugger form
Options within World league were:
Fixtures â€" the draw
Results â€" who won
Ladder â€" where u at
Player tranfers â€" find out whoms going where
Team management â€" ur roster, cost of team, stats etc
Special teams â€" PI’s, Barbars, Aussie A, Maori, Lions

Final verdict â€" THE GREATEST RUGBY GAME I HAVE EVER SEEN
THE GREATEST RUGBY GAME I HAVE EVER HEARD
THE GREATEST RUGBY GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind its gotto be bought
I was never going to pre-order based on 2004
Even if locksleys said this and that, I was never going to pre-order until I played the game, by either renting or playing a demo
I am pre-ordering this arvo, and will pay it in full
I went home with a demo of fight night rd 2 as the substitute for my rugby demo (nothing could substitute a demo of that rugby game I played yesterday), not even Britany Spears for a night.
Being told to leave and not have a copy is the worst feeling ever, I am gutted…like pulling a hot chick, then discovering it that time of the month, but only 100 times worse.
I kid u NOT, We have a superp sports game, once a religious backyard hobby, BUT IN 2005, living rooms of many households, will now occupy the religious hobby once played in the backyard………..whether it be rain hail or snow, the misses and ladies of our lives will now be putting up with Rugby, no matter how bad the weather is outside, simply coz from now on it will be played indoors!!!

Originally posted by ak47@Feb 10 2005, 12:29 PM
Like the pes series, u gotto run the length of the field thru witches hats
Very nice, ak 47, very nice indeed.

But . . . witches hats? Dear sweet Jesus . . .

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 10 2005, 12:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Feb 10 2005, 12:46 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Feb 10 2005, 12:29 PM
Like the pes series, u gotto run the length of the field thru witches hats
Very nice, ak 47, very nice indeed.

But . . . witches hats? Dear sweet Jesus . . . [/b]
sorry mate

orange cones for u champ

That sounds awesome and I am now hanging for this to come out also...indeed, I am somewhat aroused

how many international sides are in ? only the 20 rwc teams plus australia a , the islanders , maoris , and lions ? or there are more?

Originally posted by ranator@Feb 10 2005, 01:53 PM
how many international sides are in ? only the 20 rwc teams plus australia a , the islanders , maoris , and lions ? or there are more?
i cannot confirm how many intl teams there r
i can only assume all from the 2003 RWC
i never scrolled thru to check each one, and if any were new teams
when u select a team u have options of:
domestic
international
representativie
barbars, aussie a, lions, maoris and pi's are in as rep teams

Originally posted by ranator@Feb 10 2005, 01:53 PM
We have all the international and domestic teams from Rugby 2004, including world cup qualifying teams and Super 12 teams plus we have added a few extras.

Ranator, that's from producer Andrew Wilson on the Rugby 2005 website. As far as I counted, there were 22 International teams in Rugby 2004 with Spain and Russia being the additional teams that didn't qualify for the RWC '03.

Though they do not have the license for the World Cup (they're calling it World Championship), they've added the 2007 tournament. From your avitar, you are a Chilean supporter and as we both know the USA barely got in to the 2003 tournament. So, if Chile are one of the 'few extras' that would be cool because the 2007 tournament is nowhere near set in stone.

captainamerica
We have all the international and domestic teams from Rugby 2004, including world cup qualifying teams and Super 12 teams plus we have added a few extras.

aha ...

but if he says they have all the domestic teams from Rugby 2004 - does that mean they kept the teams from the 2002 European (read Heineken) Cup that they included and have now added the teams that have qualified this time around (giving you a better chance of having more English and French teams, all 3 Scottish teams, 1 extra Italian team and 1, now dissolved, Welsh team... ?

- I doubt it !

but I do hope there are a few more of the lesser international sides added aswell as Spain and Russia, especially those actually rated by the IRB to be in the top 20-25 of the world...

i.e

IRB World Ranking:

17 Portugal
18 Japan - guaranteed to be included
19 Tonga - guaranteed to be included
20 Georgia - guaranteed to be included

21 Korea
22 Morocco

23 Namibia - guaranteed to be included
24 Chile
25 Russia - included last time, so will they reappear?
26 Ukraine
27 Czech Republic
28 Hong Kong

32 Spain - included last time, so will they reappear?

I hope so, they'd present a real challenge to win games with (if and when the game becomes easier after extended play), but we'll just have to wait and see!

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 10 2005, 02:36 PM
captainamerica

aha ...

but if he says they have all the domestic teams from Rugby 2004 - does that mean they kept the teams from the 2002 European (read Heineken) Cup that they included and have now added the teams that have qualified this time around (giving you a better chance of having more English and French teams, all 3 Scottish teams, 1 extra Italian team and 1, now dissolved, Welsh team... ?

- I doubt it !

but I do hope there are a few more of the lesser international sides added aswell as Spain and Russia, especially those actually rated by the IRB to be in the top 20-25 of the world...

i.e

IRB World Ranking:

17 Portugal
18 Japan - guaranteed to be included
19 Tonga - guaranteed to be included
20 Georgia - guaranteed to be included

21 Korea
22 Morocco

23 Namibia - guaranteed to be included
24 Chile
25 Russia - included last time, so will they reappear?
26 Ukraine
27 Czech Republic
28 Hong Kong

32 Spain - included last time, so will they reappear?

I hope so, they'd present a real challenge to win games with (if and when the game becomes easier after extended play), but we'll just have to wait and see!
PORTUGAL AHEAD OF JAPAN AND TONGA....FFS WHEN DID THAT ALL HAPPEN????
<
<
<
<
<
<

Has any one tried to dummy pass, by pressing left and then right pass button quickly???
Can you set up a maul other then in lineouts?
Thanks for info.

Originally posted by lionmaul@Feb 10 2005, 03:59 PM
Has any one tried to dummy pass, by pressing left and then right pass button quickly???
Can you set up a maul other then in lineouts?
Thanks for info.
no mauls - other than a line-out maul
didnt know that was the dummy pass
i only played 1 hr tho

based on ur posts lionmaul...........u wont be happy with the rucking system...its more random then skill................no that its 100% randomised, but skill does NOT have anything do with it....unless u call isolating an attacker a skill...when really thats an error on the attack

perhaps with more game time i'll figure something out, but from the 1hr of playing the rucks were won on:
momentum meter
numbers at breakdown
speed of pressing x
and isolation factor

In World Leauge did it ask u how many transactions a season u could make in 2k4 u could only have a max of five that was the worst thing and can u change teams after the end of the season like in fifa 2005 thats more a question for locks.

Originally posted by umosay@Feb 10 2005, 04:36 PM
AK, kinkon said you looked like a kiwi... your an american living in aus right?
CORRECT

I DONT LOOK LIKE A KIWI

I JUST HAD OKANUI SHORTS ON AND A POLO TOP

WHICH ONE WAS KINKON??

YES THERE'S ALSO A # OF TXNS/PER SEASON ON WORLD LEAGUE FROM 1 TO 5 I THINK FROM MEMORY

SORRY FOR THE CAPS

Originally posted by kinkon89@Feb 10 2005, 04:51 PM
i had red pants and a blue t shirt
i was so affixed with the pleasure on the TV i didnt look at the other people.
i saw george smith, but fended him off on the way to a ps2 machine

the only bloke i remember was this fool in a wallabies jersey playing a match with the music (can u believe this idiot) as opposed to the commentary, and he had the music on so loud i couldnt even hear anything on my tv...and he was 10m away

then he proceeded to create players (when he doesnt even own the game) after touching the gameplay for a few mins only

I remember grabbing the securitys attention when loading up the haka....they all got off the wall and looked - they could NOT believe it

When playing the Game yesterday, the AI automatically Starts a Maul if you jump for the ball and catch it at Kickoff or 22 Drop out. This might happen from all kicks but i dont know. I only know it does it at Kickoff or 22 Dropout.

I was the Guy in the Shirt and Tie.

PORTUGAL AHEAD OF JAPAN AND TONGA....FFS WHEN DID THAT ALL HAPPEN????

Hi AK47

Portugal have won the European B Six Nations comp two years in a row. When Georgia qualified for the World Cup 2003, they were the champions in 2002.

Originally posted by kinkon89@Feb 10 2005, 05:03 PM
awwwww some guy i was talkin to knew bout the forum board!

who is he?
I think that was me with the Shirt an Tie.

Latest posts