• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Masters 2015

Yeah i put a £5 E/W on Spieth with Paddy Power @ 10/1

Then because they give you a £10 free bet with a £5 bet i put that on a £5 E/W on Mickelson @20/1.

then £2 on Mcilroy to win just to cover the bases

Gives 1/4 odds on 6 places so not bad.

Be nice to try and top up my balance before the Grand national next weekend.

Last edited:
Whilst hoping Rory can do it, he is under unbelievable pressure and the nonsense of Woods's return does not lessen that!!

I would put an each way bet, if I were a betting man, on Jason Day who has form and paid his dues at Augusta as all winners should!!

Backed Tiger @50/1 â'¬5e/w
Rory and Dustin Johnson too.

But hope Shane Lowry shocks us

I'm hoping Louis Oosthuizen or Branden Grace or Ernie Els wins it. All 3 of them are outsiders fot this ***le, but they have all been in good form, especially Branden Grace.

I bloody love The Masters.

I'd love to add a bit more analysis but I'm a relatively new convert to the sport and only vaguely keep up outside the majors. However.

I bloody love The Masters.

Interesting day with great rounds from Speith (who is McIlroy again?), Tom Watson and Els.

Long way to go and Speith bound to have one bad day or is he!!

Phenomenal playing from the 21 year old with, as all winners need, some touches of luck thrown in!!

Day is still there !!

Speith and Reed e/w with Rory outright looks like it'll keep me even more interested than usual on Sunday! Speith to retain the lead tonight, Day will be breathing down his neck and a 67 to come from Rory to keep himself in touch!

Well I hope the old head of Ernie Els will keep on pushing on. The Big Easy shot an opening round of 5 under. And if he can keep this up he's in for a real shot. And I think his nerves are going to be a bit more steady that the youngsters like Spieth and Read...

Well I hope the old head of Ernie Els will keep on pushing on. The Big Easy shot an opening round of 5 under. And if he can keep this up he's in for a real shot. And I think his nerves are going to be a bit more steady that the youngsters like Spieth and Read...
Ernie was incredible yesterday! He should have got in at 6 under, it's very rare a ball bites like his did at 18 out of rough like that, a really unlucky break.
I wouldn't put any money on Speith cracking under the pressure, he went through it all last year and is a multiple tour winner! We're set up for a cracking Masters with Speith, Els, Day, Rose, Garcia, Mickelson, McIlroy, McDowell as well as a few other big names and major winners there or thereabouts. My only disappointment yesterday was that Harrington finished the last three holes +2 to finish up at E, his biggest weakness on tour this year is his last 3 or 4 holes, he's probably in the top 5 players on tour in holes 1-14 but really let's himself down finishing, he still has the game to win majors but he needs to get his head in the right spot and stay focus down the stretch.

Ernie was incredible yesterday! He should have got in at 6 under, it's very rare a ball bites like his did at 18 out of rough like that, a really unlucky break.
I wouldn't put any money on Speith cracking under the pressure, he went through it all last year and is a multiple tour winner! We're set up for a cracking Masters with Speith, Els, Day, Rose, Garcia, Mickelson, McIlroy, McDowell as well as a few other big names and major winners there or thereabouts. My only disappointment yesterday was that Harrington finished the last three holes +2 to finish up at E, his biggest weakness on tour this year is his last 3 or 4 holes, he's probably in the top 5 players on tour in holes 1-14 but really let's himself down finishing, he still has the game to win majors but he needs to get his head in the right spot and stay focus down the stretch.

Yeah fair enough about the nerves.

Ernie went on to bogey at the 18th. with 3 putts. But I understood why he went so aggressive with the first putt. It was such a long way away, so he had to try and go for it, because if he did sink that putt, he would've ended the first round on -7.

I do not see Ernie, Garcia or McDowell being in contention come Sunday and would add Casey/Hoffman to that also!!

Mickleson may be there or thereabouts but do not really feel too confident about that either!!

Speith has to be the one to catch and Day, Rose and potentially Henley will be chasing hard although feel McIlroy has his work really cut out (being out later today with the weather forecast not in his favour) and needs a few players to come back to him!!

Yeah fair enough about the nerves.

Ernie went on to bogey at the 18th. with 3 putts. But I understood why he went so aggressive with the first putt. It was such a long way away, so he had to try and go for it, because if he did sink that putt, he would've ended the first round on -7.

I do not think Ernie "went for it" as such. It was, unfortunately after his second shot, a long way and he just hit his lag putt just a bit too hard....does not take much at Augusta!!

if the wind blows everybody has a chance if they are on par or under.......... yesterday it was calm there will not be much in it come the final day on Sunday.........
there never is.

I haven't watched anything today what with having a job, but Spieth's numbers are incredible. Can anyone lucky enough to have a day off / live in a different time zone elaborate on his round? He looks unstoppable.

Saying that, I agree that there won't be much in it come Sunday night.

I haven't watched anything today what with having a job, but Spieth's numbers are incredible. Can anyone lucky enough to have a day off / live in a different time zone elaborate on his round? He looks unstoppable.

Saying that, I agree that there won't be much in it come Sunday night.

ATM watching him play I don't see how it can be close come Sunday bar a major cock up by Spieth.

ATM watching him play I don't see how it can be close come Sunday bar a major cock up by Spieth.

I know on paper, but how often is a major not close come Sunday night?

Maybe I'm just in denial because I really want to sit down to a drama-fest on Sunday evening

Last edited:

Latest posts