• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The new "Rugby Union Team Manager 3" is now on Steam

Hello Dave,

I'm a bit confused. Is the game out ? Because on Steam it says it's out on June 18th.

Watched your vid and pics on Steam. It looks pretty awesome and some of the new fonctionalities look very nice.

By the way, I'd recomand you just two things for future (light) updates :
- Extend time during games. If the 3rd RUTM runs like the 2nd, I think time flows too fast. That doesn't allow us to play very strategically, and final scores are not very realistic.
- IMO, you should change the players rating system, which is on a scale of 0-100, to 0-20. I think it's easier for players to visualize how good is a player on a smaller scale. How better is a player with a 65 on Rucking attribute, compared to a player on 50 ? This is a bit confusing when it comes to picking players and recruitment. But you can say a 15 on Rucking is much better compared to a 12 or even 13.

Thanks in advance ! Cheers

Hello Dave,

I'm a bit confused. Is the game out ? Because on Steam it says it's out on June 18th.

Watched your vid and pics on Steam. It looks pretty awesome and some of the new fonctionalities look very nice.

By the way, I'd recomand you just two things for future (light) updates :
- Extend time during games. If the 3rd RUTM runs like the 2nd, I think time flows too fast. That doesn't allow us to play very strategically, and final scores are not very realistic.
- IMO, you should change the players rating system, which is on a scale of 0-100, to 0-20. I think it's easier for players to visualize how good is a player on a smaller scale. How better is a player with a 65 on Rucking attribute, compared to a player on 50 ? This is a bit confusing when it comes to picking players and recruitment. But you can say a 15 on Rucking is much better compared to a 12 or even 13.

Thanks in advance ! Cheers

Hi
Many thanks for your suggestions, and you kind comments.
We are aiming to release the game on June 18th, in the meantime it is available for gamers to put it on their Steam Wishlist, so please do.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

I bought the game last night,

First impressions:
  • I love the new UI and look of the menus.
  • The sound is decent too In the menus.
  • the sound in the actual matches is dead silent. maybe even cricket noises will improve the atmosphere. or overlay crowd noises from youtube video ( Maybe i do that myself:rolleyes:)
  • I still don't feel like i have that much control over tactics, its a starting point but in my opinion, is your next goal. I need more tactical depth
  • Steam says they game might be removed from the store soon. I hope this gets fixed
  • The game is available at a great price in South Africa at 170 Rands
  • The player names are close enough to their real-world counterparts for it to be easy to change the names to the correct ones
  • Whoever did player ratings did either not know what they were doing, do not watch rugby or were in a rush. (For example the world cup winners in the Sharks team all has something like 40 overall ratings) You guys could have asked people on this board to crow source ratings and it would have been done with a smile and efficiency.
  • I know we can change the ratings ourselves but its questionable that the ratings are in the state that they are in.... Was this intentional so that the modding community fixes names and ratings? The sharks are expected by their board to reach the Super rugby final and a majority of their players does not breach 50 overall rating...
I will be playing a bit more tinkering with the ratings and so on, but yea I'm getting smashed by English premiership teams in preseason. I don't think i have figured out how tactics work in this game, I mean I read that blitz is the best but it tires out your defence, so the logic is to apply it only on your line when defending a try and on the opposition line when trying to pressure a mistake that will lead to a try, but I'm struggling to get wins.

@GPRed are you the original developer for when the game was still in its purple and green format?
@Dave you don't need to keep an email format after every post, we know you are Dave from your username. From a public relations perspective, this seems very odd. it seems generic, and not personalized. A better connection might be reached by adopting a more informal tone, such as that of @GPRed

Thanks for bringing us another rugby management game, I appreciate the guys and girls who are doing this, if I seem critical it's only that I hope it will improve up until the point where we have a football manager level game for rugby. Even if it might be years off, I'm happy that the journey has started.

The rugby community needs to back this with their money so that It can grow.

Hi
Many thanks for your post and for buying the game.
We really hope that you will continue to enjoy the game.
Delighted to hear that you like the new UI
The sound in matches should be playing, although there appears to be an odd issue but only with certain computers, as most can play the sound OK., Could I suggest that you turn the sound down to zero, and then turn it back up again, hopefully this may help. We will though look again at this.
Regarding tactics please do try the Ad-Lib attack, as it gives complete freedom on a move to move basis.
The game is certainly not being removed from Steam, I am puzzled as to where this information came from.
Regarding player stats and details, fans of the game have already created full databases, these can be easily downloaded, you will find these on the game's Discord,
Here is an invite link to join, I am sure you will find it very interesting and fun :-
https://discord.gg/eRhpfA8
Many thanks for all your support, it is really appreciated by all the team, and without which we would not be able to make the game.

Kind Regards
Dave
oops ! :)

I bought the game last night,

First impressions:
  • I love the new UI and look of the menus.
  • The sound is decent too In the menus.
  • the sound in the actual matches is dead silent. maybe even cricket noises will improve the atmosphere. or overlay crowd noises from youtube video ( Maybe i do that myself:rolleyes:)
  • I still don't feel like i have that much control over tactics, its a starting point but in my opinion, is your next goal. I need more tactical depth
  • Steam says they game might be removed from the store soon. I hope this gets fixed
  • The game is available at a great price in South Africa at 170 Rands
  • The player names are close enough to their real-world counterparts for it to be easy to change the names to the correct ones
  • Whoever did player ratings did either not know what they were doing, do not watch rugby or were in a rush. (For example the world cup winners in the Sharks team all has something like 40 overall ratings) You guys could have asked people on this board to crow source ratings and it would have been done with a smile and efficiency.
  • I know we can change the ratings ourselves but its questionable that the ratings are in the state that they are in.... Was this intentional so that the modding community fixes names and ratings? The sharks are expected by their board to reach the Super rugby final and a majority of their players does not breach 50 overall rating...
I will be playing a bit more tinkering with the ratings and so on, but yea I'm getting smashed by English premiership teams in preseason. I don't think i have figured out how tactics work in this game, I mean I read that blitz is the best but it tires out your defence, so the logic is to apply it only on your line when defending a try and on the opposition line when trying to pressure a mistake that will lead to a try, but I'm struggling to get wins.

@GPRed are you the original developer for when the game was still in its purple and green format?
@Dave you don't need to keep an email format after every post, we know you are Dave from your username. From a public relations perspective, this seems very odd. it seems generic, and not personalized. A better connection might be reached by adopting a more informal tone, such as that of @GPRed

Thanks for bringing us another rugby management game, I appreciate the guys and girls who are doing this, if I seem critical it's only that I hope it will improve up until the point where we have a football manager level game for rugby. Even if it might be years off, I'm happy that the journey has started.

The rugby community needs to back this with their money so that It can grow.
No, I haven't been involved in the development of RUTM.

Hi Dave ! Thanks for this nice adding and for your overall work!

Two thoughts for future updates :
- Please make games longer.... time flows too fast ! Scoreboards are often unrealistic, stats too (low amount of penalties, passes, scrums, line out, tackles....) and you cant take your time to play strategically...
- Lower the rating scale to 0-20, would be easier to understand players abilities.

These 2 simple things would make me play so much more to the game... i think those are the only two missing things that would take this awesome game to the next level !

Best regards.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Really pleased that you are enjoying the game.
You may wish to join the game ideas discussion on Discord,.
You will find the link on the game's Steam Store page

Steam Workshop is now operational for Rugby Union Team Manager 3

Please check out this new video gameplay series , by Bearsgamer on YouTube, for Rugby Union Team Manager 3, now playing in the Challenge Cup :-

Here is the latest gameplay video from Bearsgamer for Rugby Union Team Manager 3 :-

The latest in this gameplay series.
Will he get his side back to winning ways ?

I am really interested in the game but I can't find any information on what leagues are involved. I understand that it can be fully modded but I would like to know how far down the league system I can play for example, if I can coach in eastern Europe in say Russia or, even more exciting, coach in Japan or America.

Yes you are right the game is moddable,, you may wish to check out the game's Discord, or the game's Workshop feature on Steam.
In the meantime here are the starting leagues:-

Australia Division 1

Australia Division 1 Colts

Australia Division 2A

Australia Division 2B

Celtic Division

Celtic Division Academy

Celtic Division Colts

England Division 1

England Division 1 Academy

England Division 1 Colts

England Division 2

England Division 2 Colts

England Division 3

England Division 4 North

England Division 4 South

Euro Tier 1

Euro Tier 2

France Division 1

France Division 1 Academy

France Division 1 Colts

France Division 2

France Division 2 Colts

Ireland Division 1

Ireland Division 2

Italy Division 1

Italy Division 1 Colts

New Zealand Division 1

New Zealand Division 1 Colts

New Zealand Division 2

Scotland Cup

Scotland Division 1

Scotland Division 2

South Africa Division 1

South Africa Division 1 Academy

Super Championship

Super Championship Academy

Super Championship Colts

Wales Cup

Wales Division 1

Wales Division 2 East

Wales Division 2 West

With the DLC installed -

Nations Cup

November Internationals

Northern Hemisphere Nations

Southern Hemisphere Nations

Plus further French Divisions and teams

With the DLC installed you can manage a domestic club

and an international side at the same time.

I hope this is helpful and that you get to enjoy the game :- https://store.steampowered.com/app/1314410/Rugby_Union_Team_Manager_3/

Thanks for the reply. That is very extensive, good to know that I can play as my local team.

From my understanding this is an early access, will extra leagues like the Americas, Asia and Eastern Europe be added? Just out if interest.

Latest posts