• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Non-Contact Sevens

lynam1104

First XV
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

As a causal game to play with mates it actually seems like a rather fun time.

goodNumber10

International
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

London Wasps

As a causal game to play with mates it actually seems like a rather fun time.

Yep. Just like Touch rugby which is played all over Australia in the off season and has no contact is multi aged etc...

My WTF comment was more to do with that they have basically taken touch rugby and re-invented it as their own "new exciting" game.

Thingimubob

First XV
Country Flag

Wales

Club or Nation

Cardiff

Pretty much the standard warm up session at my old club, so definitely get what you're saying goodNumber10!

Having been out of rugby for ages, it'd definitely be the type of thing I'd love to do to ease myself back into the game, especially as my fitness has gone completely to sh*te.

ratsapprentice

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

England

Err... I didn't read beyond the first paragraph - but as you've already said: isn't that just touch rugby, which is played everywhere for fun and as training?

goodNumber10

International
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

London Wasps

Err... I didn't read beyond the first paragraph - but as you've already said: isn't that just touch rugby, which is played everywhere for fun and as training?

pretty much mate. It has the lineout and 3 man scrum from union 7's but the rest is just a sloppy version of touch.

I played pretty serious touch rugby, and it's a shed load better than that cr*p.

Over 30's age group from the NZ vs Aussie Series, watch the speed of it when it's in flows and the finishing skills:

Last edited by a moderator:

goodNumber10

International
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

London Wasps

yeah, it's superb, i can't quite see if it's behind the Kiwi or just perfectly timed across his front.