• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Official First match thread.

I'd like to get this going again, so please, post the result of your very first match.

If you can't do screens (like me), be detailed.
--------------------------

I rushed through the mandatory training, obviously getting a feel for it like anyone else. Then I dove in, head first though the pool had no water.

FIRST MATCH.

USA (Me) v CANADA
Venue: Vancouver, Canada
Time: 5 min halfs
Wind: Light
Camera: Sideview
Difficulty: HARD

Lovely day north of the border, the teams take to the pitch as the rousing finish of "O' Canada" blares out to the drunken Canucks.

So, with a vague idea of the controls, the match begins with Canada kicking off to me. The game feels great and looks great, and for the first 16 minutes of match time, I think to myself that I might have accidentally put the difficulty on Easy.

I break the line and have a few good runs and am getting excited. Then I start making a lot of mistakes, trying to force tackles (I'm superman, diving all over the place) and generally getting beat.

I'm only down by two scores when a final Canadian try takes them into halftime leading 21 - 0.

Okay, no biggy, I'm learning and having fun, and I think I know what to do now after getting one half under my belt.

Wrong.

Jared Barker opens the 2nd half with a penalty and closes the match with a dropgoal. Inbetween them, the Canadians run in 3 more converted tries with prop Tkachuck getting two of them.

I lose 48 - 0 and enjoy every minute of it.

I stay up til 5am playing the game.

I'm so tired, but all I can think about is revenge.

...recount your first match...

lol captain!!! I fear my first game will have pretty much the same outcome as yours...

It must feel mighty satisfying when one of those big hits land though...
<

Ireland (me) - 7
USA - 3

Game opened with Hercus drop goal about 5 minutes in from about 45 meters out.
I was like great I'm gonna get drop goaled to death.

A lot of nothing for the rest of the half as I tried to figure things out including camera angles.

2nd half BOD had about 5 nice breaks. Once I figured out R analog charge he was even tougher.

Spent most of half inside 22meter with no scoring. I'd get to about the 5m and turn the ball over. USA would then kick it out and we'd bring it right back inside 22m.

Finally Hickey went over taking a huge hit right at try line then doing like a sommersault in which i thought he was held up but some how he got the ball down.
Made conversion basically just to left of posts.
Game ended right then 7-3.

Hickey turned over the ball a ton and was being tossed all over.
I think I lost no lineouts and there was only like one scrum which I tried a #8 weak on.

Date: Friday 11th March
Conditions: Medium wind, heavy pitch

Leicester v Ulster (me)

14:25 - Early exchanges in the middle of the park have Ulster using plenty of crash ball to get friendly with the Leicester forwards, these hard yards pay dividends with a David Humphreys drop goal from 30 metres out to edge Ulster in front.

19:18 - A missed drop goal from Humphreys and the resulting 22 drop out for Leicester brings play back to the middle of the field. Leicester retain possession and Goode kicks a wonderful effort into touch on the Ulster 5 metre line. Shields makes a hash of the resulting throw, Leicester form a maul to push Ulster back on to their try line, quick ball from Ellis to Goode and he sprints over for an easy try. Conversion kicked by Goode.

30:21 - Ulster push forward with more hard yards and Humphreys kicks another drop goal from 25 metres on the right hand side of the field.

33:34 - Leicester start to dominate in the forward play and present Goode the platform to kick a drop goal from centre field, 35 metres out. A fine effort.

Half-time: Leicester 10 - 6 Ulster

47:01 - The Ulster pack are getting eaten by the Tiger's forward play, they continually push forward until the Ulster 22 and take the game to the ground, eagerness to regain possession from Ulster leads to a penalty for handling in the ruck. Easy kick for Goode.

52:17 - Leicester continue to dominate in the forwards, Ulster's cause not being helped with being caught too many times on the break with no support. Heavy Leicester pressure 10 metres from the Ulster line leaves plenty of space on right field, advantage is being played for an Ulster offside but seeing the probability of a try Ulster blatantly handle in the ruck and the penalty is given. The 3 points are gobbled up by Goode.

68:10 - Another unsupported break from Ulster leads to Martin Johnson passing to Neil Back, in the clear, Back takes the ball up to 30 metres from the Ulster line on the right side of the field. A half tackle slows him down, but he manages to slip the ball to Ollie Smith before Paddy Wallace (FB) makes the second tackle on Back. There is no Ulster cover and Smith feeds a simple pass to Rabeni before he was tackled by the recovering Ulster winger Howe. But its a simple run to the corner for Rabeni and another try for Leicester. Andy Goode's excellent day is marred slightly with the missed conversion.

Ulster can offer nothing more against the momentum that Leicester have built up and the game ends with Rabeni being put over touch on halfway whilst attempting another break.

Full-time: Leicester 21 - 6 Ulster

A great game and one I actually enjoyed losing... a nice change from the ease of the demo.
<

I played the game on Normal difficulty with 10min halves ... now I'm away for more !!!
<

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Mar 12 2005, 03:12 AM
Date: Friday 11th March
Conditions: Medium wind, heavy pitch

Leicester v Ulster (me)

14:25 - Early exchanges in the middle of the park have Ulster using plenty of crash ball to get friendly with the Leicester forwards, these hard yards pay dividends with a David Humphreys drop goal from 30 metres out to edge Ulster in front.

19:18 - A missed drop goal from Humphreys and the resulting 22 drop out for Leicester brings play back to the middle of the field. Leicester retain possession and Goode kicks a wonderful effort into touch on the Ulster 5 metre line. Shields makes a hash of the resulting throw, Leicester form a maul to push Ulster back on to their try line, quick ball from Ellis to Goode and he sprints over for an easy try. Conversion kicked by Goode.

30:21 - Ulster push forward with more hard yards and Humphreys kicks another drop goal from 25 metres on the right hand side of the field.

33:34 - Leicester start to dominate in the forward play and present Goode the platform to kick a drop goal from centre field, 35 metres out. A fine effort.

Half-time: Leicester 10 - 6 Ulster

47:01 - The Ulster pack are getting eaten by the Tiger's forward play, they continually push forward until the Ulster 22 and take the game to the ground, eagerness to regain possession from Ulster leads to a penalty for handling in the ruck. Easy kick for Goode.

52:17 - Leicester continue to dominate in the forwards, Ulster's cause not being helped with being caught too many times on the break with no support. Heavy Leicester pressure 10 metres from the Ulster line leaves plenty of space on right field, advantage is being played for an Ulster offside but seeing the probability of a try Ulster blatantly handle in the ruck and the penalty is given. The 3 points are gobbled up by Goode.

68:10 - Another unsupported break from Ulster leads to Martin Johnson passing to Neil Back, in the clear, Back takes the ball up to 30 metres from the Ulster line on the right side of the field. A half tackle slows him down, but he manages to slip the ball to Ollie Smith before Paddy Wallace (FB) makes the second tackle on Back. There is no Ulster cover and Smith feeds a simple pass to Rabeni before he was tackled by the recovering Ulster winger Howe. But its a simple run to the corner for Rabeni and another try for Leicester. Andy Goode's excellent day is marred slightly with the missed conversion.

Ulster can offer nothing more against the momentum that Leicester have built up and the game ends with Rabeni being put over touch on halfway whilst attempting another break.

Full-time: Leicester 21 - 6 Ulster

A great game and one I actually enjoyed losing... a nice change from the ease of the demo.
<

I played the game on Normal difficulty with 10min halves ... now I'm away for more !!!
<
which view are you playing on?

i wouldnt be suprised that the outcome of me game is the same, ending up me losing

Always play on side view jimmy ... used to it from the demo and R2001, WCR and PES2-4 ... so i doubt i'll ever use the classic views... perhaps in hard mode

Me First Game:

Teams:Argentina Vs. Ireland
Venue:Buenos Aires
Time:10 Minutes Halves
Diffuculty:Normal

Fist Half:As The Argentinean Anthem Faded in the rain,Ireland Kicks Argentina Irealnd Centre misses the pass, the ball goes into Irealnds ingoal They ground it, 5 meter scrum to the pumas-The Pumas Drive into the Irish Ingoal The Number 8 Just Drops into the Try for Argentina Argentina 7- Ireland 0........Couple of Minutes Late The Irish First Five Eight(Humphreys)Looks to Find a Gap Looks like hes going to go pass it
But Out of Nowhere is Felipe Contepomi with a BoneCrunching Tackle Ireland Recycles it and tries a drop kicks misses it 22 meter drop out pumas Almost At the end of the Half a dangerous line out for the pumas, The Pumas Front Jumper goes down with it and mauls it Pichot opens it to contepomi that keeps opening it to Alabanese and that finishes into a TRY for Los Pumas

HALF TIME:Argentina 14 Vs. Ireland 0

Second Half:Looking For A Comeback, Ireland Comes On to the muddy and field Argentina Kicks to Ireland Argentina Rucks the ball and all of the Sudden the ball changes owner Ireland passes it it to O'Driscoll he seems untouched till the fullback aproches Dennis Hickie is followin so Ireland opens it and he is gone TRY!!!!!!!IRELAND Humphreys Converts!!17-7
D'Arcy Sidesteps to Pumas and he finds the gap and he is gone Try Ireland!Conversion is good 17-14 Looks like a sweet comeback for ireland---Contepomi Drop Kicks for the second time in the game and its good-kick off to Argentina,After the kick-off the pumas fullback went to the flank and never stepped out and they scored Ireland misseds 3 tackels very bad Argentina leads 27-14
One More Try follows for Argentina making it 34-14 and the BoD makes it 34-21 in the 80th minute

FINAL Score:Argentina 34 Ireland 21

Well fought battle up to one point and the argentina narrowed the gap by too much!

I Shall Have a Rematch
<

Sounds like a good match, thought a revival was on the cards at one stage but it wasn't to be! If you post match reports again try make them more readable. Use paragraphs and more coherent sentences.
<

Well Caps, I played the first Super 12 round as I said I would - after flying through the drills in like three minutes....was amping to play....this was a mistake!

Normal level
House Of Taine
Blues (me) v Highlanders

Scored a 75 metre try w/ Howlett pretty much off the kick off - still, after another ten games, one of the best individual tries I have scored for sure.

So I say to myself - come on bro! You of***ing OWN rugby games (lol!) you'll need to go straight to hard level. But I say, hey! I'll play it out - who knows what will happen...don't rush!

Final score - quit out of game in 65th minute, losing 41-5.

moral of story - don't be a presumptious and arrogant twat!!
<

So I dod ten minutes on free play - scrimmage at Practise menu....sorted out a couple of things..like calling plays etc...dummying....sweet.

Another cup of tea....straight back into round one:

same match-up - round 1 2005 super 12.

We go toe-to-toe until Rokocoko ends the anxiety with fist-pumping, spilling my drink 50 metre try team try which I will try and recount accurately...

Spencer through a dummy and sliced through the opposition backline - dummying repeated ly when the defence looked to take him - then I threw a long ball with apre-pass on to Rokocoko and he pulled the mad goose-step (actually caused by a slip of the thumb amidst the tension - I wasd own 22 - 17) and went to the outside I was thinking of what to do - mind racing....I had lost the ball a few times going to deck isolated (as one should) and I though why not die trying?

Weaved inside the Fb and had the pace to somehow weave in and then back out around the Fb and the crossing wing - then he blazed a one way ticket to corner flag glory with one man desperately diving under my dive and another going over wrapped around my legs...TRY!

Nervous conversion JUST slips through -

Final score:

Blues - 24 22 - Highlanders

PS - lost round 2 - 6-5 to the Reds (was an ungly encounter with about four scraps - maybe my SECOND FAVOURITE GAME SO FAR) - sorry about caps there!!

Favourite being my revenge win over the Chiefs. Down by twelve with three minutes left they threw a pass back for a clearance that rebounded off the post! I scooted onto the bounce and dove over for a try...

Then deep in my own territory and with tijme up - Howlett when full field and stepped the FB.....Converted....BEST game so far - no doubt. Was whooping and hollering...!!!

again! 24-22.

peace.
<

Latest posts