• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Official 'I HATE TASESA LAVEA THREAD'

hence you dont know what kind of form they are in. if you dont know what kind of form they are in its going to hinder their selection. thats if they are choosing by form (whats the bet that henry will still choose alot of aucklanders?)

Originally posted by woosaah@Mar 29 2006, 10:22 AM
hence you dont know what kind of form they are in. if you dont know what kind of form they are in its going to hinder their selection. thats if they are choosing by form (whats the bet that henry will still choose alot of aucklanders?)
Yeah, and what's the bet said Aucklanders carve up like last year as opposed to concussion prone Canterbury fullbacks who think they can play flyhalf who two weeks in a row almost cost the All Blacks the Tri Nations only to be bailed out by rookie Luke McAlister.

get over it, he is playing great at fullback, the best full back in the comp at the moment

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA about time :D

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3620132a1823,00.html

Blues drop Lavea
29 March 2006 

The Blues today made three changes to their starting 15 for the Super 14 rugby match against the Bulls in Auckland on Friday, including dropping first five-eighth Tasesa Lavea to the bench.

Coach David Nucifora has given the No 10 jersey to utility Isa Nacewa, moving him from his regular position this season of fullback, as the Blues try to turn around their struggling campaign.

Nacewa has played in every backline position bar halfback for the Blues or Auckland, and operated at first five-eighth in the Blues' 43-5 pre-season win over the Western Force.

In a reshuffled backline, former Hurricane Brent Ward goes to fullback for his first Super 14 start, and Rua Tipoki comes back in at second five-eighth in place of Luke McAlister.

McAlister, who had returned from a fractured jaw only last week to play in the defeat to the Waratahs, is out with a shoulder problem.

In the forwards, Troy Flavell slots back on to the blindside flank after having been a late injury withdrawal against the Waratahs.

Blues: Brent Ward, Viliame Waqaseduadua, Anthony Tuitavake, Rua Tipoki, Joe Rokocoko, Isa Nacewa, John Senio, Nick Williams, Angus MacDonald, Troy Flavell, Ali Williams, Greg Rawlinson, John Afoa, Keven Mealamu (captain), Tony Woodcock.

Reserves: Tim Dow, Saimone Taumoepeau, Anthony Boric, Auva'a Tololima Onosa'i, Junior Poluleuligaga, Tasesa Lavea, Ben Atiga.
[/b]

lavea is fairly average at this level. nacewa should be able to spark the backline like he did in the npc final.

and ralph is nothing but a good provincial player like hamilton. they simply not good enough for the next level up. and yes they benefit heavily from the crusaders system which is really just the npc team with a new name.

rockocko is proven at test level and still has his moments in an under performing auckland team.

form should not be based on team performance but on what the individual does. and imo rockocko has done nothng to lose his spot. we have 4 world class wings in rockoko howlett sivivatu and gear nobody else comes close to them. ralph and hamilton may score tries which is a wingers job for sure but their other skills are failry average compared to the other 4 wings.

in my opinion he hasnt done anything to keep his spot, what has he done? its not the case of not doing anything to lose it its about doing something to keep it. he will get in, but i hope he isnt first choice. i do agree he is good but he hasnt shown anything this year to me. same goes for howlett and sivi.

gear also hasnt done anything special, but at least he is scoring tries but he is getting alot of space from his backs not to bad ball from the forwards, only senio is letting the team down really.

exactly. rockocko can hardly shine that much compared to ralph and hamilton in a crap blues team. from what i have seen from rockocko he defintely does deserve to keep his spot. he is always a handful to stop and with lavea at 10 he has done well.

same goes for howlett and sivi they are performing well in under performing sides.

I would say nobody has done anything special so far to deserve to be ahead of sivi howlett gear and rockocko. they are still the 4 best wingers in the country. rockoko may not be scoring lots of tries but he is showing more than enough to keep his spot in the abs.

yeah i like to differ though :p good thing i am not a selector then right? or am i???? :p

we have so much pace out wide with those four it doesnt matter :) and with macdonald at full back (no1 else in the country is as good at the moment) will still be ver good

rupeni caucau would perform above the rest if he was back wit the blues...regardless of the poor performin team

damn i wish he was back!

oh well will be interesting to c nacewa at 10 this weekend anyway (if i get to c the game that is)

Originally posted by woosaah@Mar 30 2006, 12:55 PM
yeah i like to differ though :p good thing i am not a selector then right? or am i???? :p

we have so much pace out wide with those four it doesnt matter :) and with macdonald at full back (no1 else in the country is as good at the moment) will still be ver good
fair enough mate. debate is always good as well. I don't know macDonald has been playing well but from what little i have seen of the chiefs mils seems to be playing fine.

yeah I might miss the game too but maybe not. Nacewa at 10 will be very interesting to watch. he has showen at npc level he can play there and in pre-season he played a bit there but in an actual super 14 game starting is something else altogether

and isn't it great we can have these sort of debates about who shouldn't or should be in the abs. having depth is a great thing and something that sa and aus would like to have

Originally posted by woosaah@Mar 30 2006, 12:55 PM

Just one little problem with your Weed-induced Fantasy.

Panadol won't be starting, even if he does get the Job for the first test it will be like last year when he gets replaced after one test.

Lol i do not hate him.

I have turned down my hate for Auckland...i just dislike them alot..apart from Smokin' Joe..hes cool :)

Although Lavea is having a shocker this season.

Im really feeling sorry for Auckland...even though i shouldnt :p

hate is a strong word yes, and its hard to hate someone with a passion when you dont watch what they are doing all the time, i just notice all the bad things he does (which is 90% of the time when he gets the ball)

hating auckland for me? well i dont know if its hate, na yeah its hate :)

Latest posts