• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Orange Box..

S

stevemagoo

I would have to say that i was over the moon when i got this over christmas!

5 games in one? Basically the full Half-life 2 experience, Team Fortress 2, and Portal.

Just coming to the end of Half life 2 at the mo, and looking forward to starting up Episode 1 after that.

Haven't played the other extras yet, but looking forward to it.

Definitely a great addition to the game list!

Yeah I'm loving all that stuff as well. All this stuff is offered on the steam start up thingy and I've bought a few of the things.

The steam engine is a wonderful thing!

How fun is Team Fortress 2!!!!

The orange box is superb and its great that Valve have taken the Half Life gospel to console to battle the plague of mediocrity that is the Halo series. The best part about Episodes 1 & 2 as well as Portal are the in-game commentaries by the developers and voice actors. It helps explain how & why they engineered parts of the game like they did as well as note the feedback by playtesters.

If you thought Half Life 2 was great, Episode 1 and 2 are even better. Bit of a spoiler: you won't be able to use the proper Combine Sniper Rifle though :(

If you can, search for GammyGoose's hilarious playthrough of Half Life 2, Episode 1 and Episode 2 on youtube.

I have got this on 360 it's brilliant. About 3/4 of the way through Half Life 2. We should get Team Fortress 2 teams up and running.

yeah the orange box is really great value. valve really came through with the goods espeically with tf 2 which many thought would be crap with the cartoony graphics and lack of grenades. the opposite has proven true with tf 2 being very fun to play for all people and the genuis of portal + the whole half life 2 experince.

It is a great pack but if you are only looking for one of the games you can just order it from Steam's site.

Just finished HL2-EP2 last night. That's all 3 done back to back- The wife is over the moon because i've been booming the house down with the volume up! So...........................when's episode 3 out?

Who knows? It hasnt got a release date yet. And even if it did, given Valve's track record, you should probably be keeping an eye out for the second release date they give, not the first. And then possibly add a year to that.

Need to get this, It all looks brilliant. Team fortress 2 looks very fun.

Also as soon as I do, I'm downloading the Beta of Goldeneye :Source. Anyone seen this. A small group of devolpers porting the original Goldeneye 64 onto the Source engine. All you need is a copy of HL2, Ep1 or Ep2, then download the code for free.

Valve usually take their sweet time making stuff. They play test their stuff heavily so they won't release something unless everyone is happy with it.

I think its great that Half-Life 2 has finally made it onto the consoles in a form which people find attractive. It shows them just what they've been missing out on since 2004.

Has anyone checked out the developer commentaries?

Portal was possably the most enjoyable thing I've ever done. It was, well, perfect.

Incredible considering how arse its Half Life parent was.

You do realise you've lost all credibility now Mite..right?

I mean, like, dude you're just like me now!

Has anyone checked out the developer commentaries?[/b]
I have done so for Portal and Team Fortress 2. Both fascinating insights, if somewhat slightly shoddily implemented. I do like the fact that Gabe Newell gives his personal e-mail address out mind.

I'm still working through the Half-Life bits. Mostly because, for some reason I dont actually understand, I have a phobia of barnacles. I fail at life, but at least I can say i'm pretty unique.

episode three would be late 2009 at the earliest I would say. now that the orange box is out a lot of valve's effort will be focused on getting left4dead out this year.

Half life 2 is classic. Portal is very fun, and Team Fortress 2 is quite addicting. Well worth the purchase.

I'm still working through the Half-Life bits. Mostly because, for some reason I dont actually understand, I have a phobia of barnacles. I fail at life, but at least I can say i'm pretty unique.
[/b]

*dusts off hands*

Now, go enjoy Ravenholme. :blink:

This is a superb place for Live Music, going to see Hijack Oscar here a week tomorrow, can't wait...

Latest posts