• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Perfect Mix

Ballymore is still home but the big games (ie, tests, interstate clashes) are played at Suncorp. It ****** me off how all those crappy little 5000 English stadiums are included. If the number of stadiums is rapidly reduced you're probably right with those four.

Originally posted by Wally@Dec 6 2004, 11:38 PM
Ballymore is still home but the big games (ie, tests, interstate clashes) are played at Suncorp. It ****** me off how all those crappy little 5000 English stadiums are included. If the number of stadiums is rapidly reduced you're probably right with those four.
The english stadiums may not be included, only a few like rugby 2004 as it had no Zurich premiership only european cup. In 05 they have the license for that so
<
and hopefully they include a licensed Zurich premiership too (btw there are 38 stadiums planned for 2005)

The European Cup is the only thing I havn't completed on Rugby 2004. It just doesn't interest me. I wonder why they didn't include London Wasps in the game. I probably would have played with them if they were in it.

Originally posted by Wally@Dec 7 2004, 12:25 AM
The European Cup is the only thing I havn't completed on Rugby 2004. It just doesn't interest me. I wonder why they didn't include London Wasps in the game. I probably would have played with them if they were in it.
Yeah it was weird how they only included a few in '04, whats more made up logos and kits were pathetic lol!

They've said they will have "38 real world stadiums". So all Home Super 12+all Home European Cup (24)+2 others=36.

2 others will probably be Twickenham (as it doesn't have a European team does it?) and Telstra Stadium.

But does Millenium Stadium have a home European team (other than Wales)?
Does the big French Stadium have a home European team?

I'm thinking that the might just chuck a team's that have two stadiums in one city (eg Cardiff or whatever it's called now) into the big stadium, even though they usually play at a smaller one.

I hope they variable crowds aswell.

Originally posted by JJ-@Dec 7 2004, 10:27 AM
They've said they will have "38 real world stadiums". So all Home Super 12+all Home European Cup (24)+2 others=36.

2 others will probably be Twickenham (as it doesn't have a European team does it?) and Telstra Stadium.

But does Millenium Stadium have a home European team (other than Wales)?
Does the big French Stadium have a home European team?

I'm thinking that the might just chuck a team's that have two stadiums in one city (eg Cardiff or whatever it's called now) into the big stadium, even though they usually play at a smaller one.

I hope they variable crowds aswell.
I highly doubt there will be 24 stadiums for the european teams and only 2 from the rest of the world, hardly seems fair.

Well it wouldn't exactly be great having several teams missing their home ground. Maybe 38 was only their original figure, hopefully the real figure is more like 45, so we can Bunoes Aires and other big stadiums that don't host a European club team.

I'm sure 38 wouldn't be the final number.
...Unless they skimp on some European or Super 12 Stadiums. Which surely wouldn't happen.

PS. Happy birthday JJ

Happy birthday mate.

Every top team in the world needs to have a home stadium to play in so they will have to include Telstra Stadium, Eden Park, Durban or whatever the home of SA rugby is, Beunos Aires, Murrayfield, Cardiff, Twickers, Stade de France and Lansdowne one way or another other. I'm starting to really get interested in this game. Might hold off buying anything else, besides mayber BFME or Madden, until it comes out.

Originally posted by Wally+Dec 7 2004, 02:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Dec 7 2004, 02:57 PM)</div>
Happy birthday mate.[/b]
Originally posted by kaftka@
PS. Happy birthday JJ
Thanks
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally

Every top team in the world needs to have a home stadium to play in so they will have to include Telstra Stadium, Eden Park, Durban or whatever the home of SA rugby is, Beunos Aires, Murrayfield, Cardiff, Twickers, Stade de France and Lansdowne one way or another other. I'm starting to really get interested in this game. Might hold off buying anything else, besides mayber BFME or Madden, until it comes out.
Haha, you're getting interested just with our talk, there hasn't even been anything really released since that 3D Avenue article ages ago.

Anyway, back to the stadium discussion, this is how I think it should be done:
1 Home stadium for each of the top 10 international teams (Tri+Six+Argentina).
1 Home stadium for each provincial/club/franchise team. But if a provincial and an international team overlap then they would obviously just have the same home. There's probably a few Stadiums that are home to both internationals and provincial teams (I know that New Zealand and South Africa don't have any stadiums dedicated to internationals only, same with Italy?), so the total number I think should be at the most 43.

24 Provincial/Club European Home Grounds
12 Super 12 Home Grounds
Twickenham
Telstra Stadium
Millenium Stadium
Murrayfield
Stade de France (or Stade Francais, or is that the club?)
Bunoes Aires
Lansdown Road
=43

Italy have a team or two in the European Championship don't they?

And none of those that I listed are home to a provincial or club team that would already be counted in the 24 Provincial/Club home grounds are they?

Like I said before, I suppose they could get to 38 by having Cardiff play inside Millenium Stadium, and the team that plays outside the French National stadium play inside. Even if I did quite like playing at those grounds in Rugby 2004 because you could see the huge stadium right next door.

Anyway, if they're planning on having 38, they may aswell have 43, and not skip any.

Originally posted by JJ-+Dec 7 2004, 04:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-JJ- @ Dec 7 2004, 04:56 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Wally+Dec 7 2004, 02:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Dec 7 2004, 02:57 PM)
Happy birthday mate.[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-kaftka
@
PS. Happy birthday JJ
Thanks
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally

Haha, you're getting interested just with our talk, there hasn't even been anything really released since that 3D Avenue article ages ago.

Anyway, back to the stadium discussion, this is how I think it should be done:
1 Home stadium for each of the top 10 international teams (Tri+Six+Argentina).
1 Home stadium for each provincial/club/franchise team. But if a provincial and an international team overlap then they would obviously just have the same home. There's probably a few Stadiums that are home to both internationals and provincial teams (I know that New Zealand and South Africa don't have any stadiums dedicated to internationals only, same with Italy?), so the total number I think should be at the most 43.

24 Provincial/Club European Home Grounds
12 Super 12 Home Grounds
Twickenham
Telstra Stadium
Millenium Stadium
Murrayfield
Stade de France (or Stade Francais, or is that the club?)
Bunoes Aires
Lansdown Road
=43

Italy have a team or two in the European Championship don't they?

And none of those that I listed are home to a provincial or club team that would already be counted in the 24 Provincial/Club home grounds are they?

Like I said before, I suppose they could get to 38 by having Cardiff play inside Millenium Stadium, and the team that plays outside the French National stadium play inside. Even if I did quite like playing at those grounds in Rugby 2004 because you could see the huge stadium right next door.

Anyway, if they're planning on having 38, they may aswell have 43, and not skip any. [/b][/quote]
Happy Birthday JJ, Lansdowne Road is the home ground of Leinster if im not mistaken so 42 Stadiums

So with these fights, penalities, etc I suppose they'll flick to a brief cut scence like in Fifa 2005. I hope so anyway, that would be pretty cool. They need to have line judges in this version as well. Apart from adding authenticity they could be used in discussing penalties and cards with the referee during the game.

Originally posted by Wally@Dec 7 2004, 09:25 PM
So with these fights, penalities, etc I suppose they'll flick to a brief cut scence like in Fifa 2005. I hope so anyway, that would be pretty cool. They need to have line judges in this version as well. Apart from adding authenticity they could be used in discussing penalties and cards with the referee during the game.
There isn't TJ or a ref in fifa 2005, you can turn them on i think but not on the ps2 or xbox i think, there in cut scenes of course.

I meant the addition of cut scences (similar to rugby 2005) for things such as fights.

Originally posted by Wally@Dec 7 2004, 10:56 PM
I meant the addition of cut scences (similar to rugby 2005) for things such as fights.
I know, i just added that out of interest maybe.. so do you think fights will be controlable? i'm guessing not because it will take away from rugby too much

Originally posted by cavan@Dec 8 2004, 03:51 AM
lol, remember the "fights" from rugby 2004...
I didn't know there were such things? It was really ghey when you were called out to the referee and he would shake his hand like some random. I don't know if anyone else found this but I seemed to be getting carded for **** that didn't even make sense. For instance I had the ball and after I had a guy sent off (for whatever reason I'm not sure) I was the one awarded with a penalty.

Occasionally someone would stand up in a ruck, and punch a guy over. Was quite funny.

Latest posts