• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Planet Rugby Team of 2009!

Erm... An Australian Prop?

If he were good, surely that would mean he's knows something about forwards play instead of just being too fat to play league?

Then I refer you back to the word Australian.

This looks like a team dreamt up by Lions Tour romantics. Having said that, everyone picked has had a great year...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Jan 1 2010, 03:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Gethin Jenkins over Benn Robinson?

:huh:[/b]
Get real. Gethin Jenkins is the best Loosehead in the world.
And don't bother coming back with 'but we thrashed you in Cardiff', cuz that's probably the only time you've seen Jenkins play.

I still wonder how Wales can have the best Looshead in the world, one of the best tightheads (Adam would certainly be in the top #5 or so) and the first-choice Hooker for the Lions and still have a creaky scrum. Although, admittedly, I wonder how much of it was down to Paul James in the autumn?

Wonder no more! I have the answer! Here it is: It was all down to Paul James!!!

No McCaw...?!?!? :lol: :lol: :lol: .Thats what you get for winning the 2009 Player of The Year award from past reputation :lol: :lol: :lol:

JUSTICE

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Jan 1 2010, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
No McCaw...?!?!? :lol: :lol: :lol: .Thats what you get for winning the 2009 Player of The Year award from past reputation :lol: :lol: :lol:

JUSTICE[/b]
FINALY

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jan 1 2010, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Jan 1 2010, 03:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And don't bother coming back with 'but we thrashed you in Cardiff', cuz that's probably the only time you've seen Jenkins play.
[/b][/quote]

Jenkins is good... but Robinson is better...

I would also suggest Barcella is as well...

And yes, Jenkins had his ass handed to him by a recently converted loosehead...

Robinson is by far the best loosehead in the southern hemisphere and and tore apart everyone who came up against him from up north... I would mention the South Africans but their scrum was rubbish all year...

I rate Jenkins very highly but he's just not as good as Robinson...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Jan 1 2010, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jan 1 2010, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Jan 1 2010, 03:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Robinson is by far the best loosehead in the southern hemisphere and and tore apart everyone who came up against him from up north... I would mention the South Africans but their scrum was rubbish all year...

[/b][/quote]
Yes I'd agree with Barcella.
I just think your view regarding Robinson is somewhat blinkered, but oh well! Not gonna argue over it! :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jan 2 2010, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Jan 1 2010, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jan 1 2010, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
Yes I'd agree with Barcella.
I just think your view regarding Robinson is somewhat blinkered, but oh well! Not gonna argue over it! :)
[/b][/quote]

It's hardly blinkered... he plays for the Tahs...

However, he's been unmatched all year and by far the premier loosehead in the world...

I think it's fairly clear the Benn Robinson is the greatest loose head prop in the world, and the few matches he has performed fairly well obviously confirms that...as apposed to the lowley Gethin Jenkins who has been consistantly very good through out his career.

I'll say it, Benn Robinson is highly over rated.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Jan 2 2010, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think it's fairly clear the Benn Robinson is the greatest loose head prop in the world, and the few matches he has performed fairly well obviously confirms that...as apposed to the lowley Gethin Jenkins who has been consistantly very good through out his career.

I'll say it, Benn Robinson is highly over rated.[/b]

:lol:

:bravo:

He's a prop... So assume less then 6' tall, weighing about 20 stone and baring an uncanny relationship to a weeble. You wont be far wrong.

Granted, Jenkins puts in a lot of work around the field (as does Robinson)... but he's nowhere as good as scrummager as Robinson... and to suggest otherwise would be laughable...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jan 2 2010, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Didn't bother watching the Lions Series then?[/b]

Yes... did you then watch the Tri-Nations?

South Africa's scrum has been rubbish all year...

Latest posts