The Plot thickens...

Discussion in 'Aviva Premiership / LV Cup' started by Bullitt, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/12_12963.php

Tom Williams, the Harlequins back, has lodged an appeal against the sanction imposed on him by an independent Disciplinary Committee, which found the Club (Harlequins) and the player guilty of Misconduct under the Heineken Cup 2008/09 Disciplinary Rules.

[​IMG]
    Karaoke night at ERC-HQ was a rip-roaring success

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

All in favour of a single topic for this ordeal, say Aye.

And good. Being banned for a year is absurd, though I can't see them changing their decision...

4. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

5. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

I just want to know who brought fake blood capsuls to a rugby match?

6. shazbooger

shazbooger Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Aug 8 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Tom Williams did! The ERC proved it beyond any dount that he was acting alone. There is no conspiracy here, no attempts to cheat, just a lazy young player trying to get out of putting in a hard 10 minutes work.

As for the rest, expelling them from the competition is a little over the top given the fine but hang Richards up I say :)

7. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

If Blackett or Probyn have Quins expelled from the HEC, thus allowing Wasps to compete...

Let's just say I won't be surprised.

8. Daylightfire

Daylightfire Guest

I believe some time earlier I mentioned something about Quins being expelled and Wasps sneaking in,,,

9. DonBilly

DonBilly Guest

How many clubs have been expelled from the HEC so far? I remember Agen being expelled because in the previous season they had voluntarily lost a game versus a Welsh side in order to be eliminated from one of the European cups. I don't think there were other. The Harlequins would be the second club to be expelled.

10. Whos gonna replace him? Jake White's looking for a job isn't he? + theres Brian Ashton too (Awesome)

11. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Aug 10 2009, 07:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Tom Williams did! The ERC proved it beyond any dount that he was acting alone. There is no conspiracy here, no attempts to cheat, just a lazy young player trying to get out of putting in a hard 10 minutes work.

As for the rest, expelling them from the competition is a little over the top given the fine but hang Richards up I say :)
    [/b][/quote]
    How was it proved? How could a player on the pitch have them whilst playing, and why would you randomly bring them? It had to be the training staff or management that gave them to him. "If things get dicey, go down and hold your mouth, we'll come to examine you and give you a blood capsule". I don't know...

12. shazbooger

shazbooger Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Aug 11 2009, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    My initial post was meant to be sarcastic. I agree with you 100%

13. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Aug 11 2009, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    [/b][/quote]
    Blast! Foiled again by this "sarcasm!"

Gotcha. I wanted to punch the TV when the whole thing went down. I can't believe this shite is happening in Rugby Union.

14. shtove

shtove Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Aug 12 2009, 04:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    [/b][/quote]
    You had me going.

I see Agen were kicked out before, no harm sending Quins down as well. The potential for betting fraud is huge.

15. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Aug 11 2009, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    [/b][/quote]
    Blast! Foiled again by this "sarcasm!"

Gotcha. I wanted to punch the TV when the whole thing went down. I can't believe this shite is happening in Rugby Union.
    [/b][/quote]

I know... Normally you need to look towards the IRB, SANZAR or individual unions for the outstanding levels of corruption!

16. shazbooger

shazbooger Guest

Good article summarising the whole situation in the telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunio...dal-bleeds.html

To summarise they believe that harlequins may now get the book thrown at them, including;
    • Ban from Heineken Cup: 1-3 years
    • Suspended half of existing £215,000 fine also to be paid
    • Additional fine for obstructing the ERC disciplinary process
    • RFU investigation of bringing the game into disrepute
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

17. feicarsinn

feicarsinn Guest

Wait a minute, does this open the door for a certain London(ish) based club to jam their way back into Europe?

18. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Amazing how that happened... :rolleyes:

19. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Aug 14 2009, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Obviously, you and Mite know what's going down, but what "London(ish) based club" would you be referencing?

And the book should be thrown at the sorry ********!

20. feicarsinn

feicarsinn Guest

Wasps. They finally don't make it into Europe and it seems like they're getting every chance possible to sneak back in. First through the ECC final last year and now this.

21. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Aug 14 2009, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Ah, right...I was hoping for a team out of nowhere like London Scottish.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!