• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The power of christ compels you

If it talks about the lords creation it may get you thinking. There are a lot of things on Earth that make it perfect for our inhabbitance which makes me think it would be too much of a coincidence for all those things to happen without a will of a creator.

I wondered whether Jesus was gay yesterday (single 33 year old with no children in those times, when they probably only lived to 50 max), but apparently he might've been going out with a prostitute
<

Serge - but don't you think that we might've evolved to be perfect for this world?

Meah.

Originally posted by Serge@Jan 20 2005, 12:53 PM
If it talks about the lords creation it may get you thinking. There are a lot of things on Earth that make it perfect for our inhabbitance which makes me think it would be too much of a coincidence for all those things to happen without a will of a creator.
The Universe was created with the Big Bang, end of story.

There was no way in hell God could've bypassed the Dinosaurs to create Adam & Eve

Originally posted by JJ-@Jan 20 2005, 01:04 PM
I wondered whether Jesus was gay yesterday (single 33 year old with no children in those times, when they probably only lived to 50 max), but apparently he might've been going out with a prostitute
<
Isnt there some book doing its rounds at the moment about possible offspring of Jesus?

Originally posted by Ripper+Jan 20 2005, 01:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jan 20 2005, 01:57 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Serge
@Jan 20 2005, 12:53 PM

There was no way in hell God could've bypassed the Dinosaurs to create Adam & Eve [/b]
That's if you're taking the Bible literally.

You can refute creationists with the two word question: Dinosaur bones?

I am currently reading an entertaining book called 'Angels & Demons' by Dan Brown who wrote 'The Da Vinci Code.' All very sensational, but based on some sound elements of fact pertaining to the Big Bang theory, and God v. Science.

Methinks everything goes hand in hand and that you can't have one without the other.

*Edit

Rips, I'm thinking that the book you're talking about in your second post is 'The Da Vinci Code.' Very entertaining read and poses some interesting questions. He definitely 'humanizes' Jesus a lot more than the religious right ever would.

Originally posted by Serge@Jan 20 2005, 12:53 PM
Thats pretty ridiculous mate... Considering the universe is infinate and time is also infinate, our existance isn't devine, rather just inevetable...

Originally posted by Ripper+Jan 20 2005, 02:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jan 20 2005, 02:57 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Serge

There was no way in hell God could've bypassed the Dinosaurs to create Adam & Eve [/b]
Everyone is entitled to their beliefs.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Jan 20 2005, 02:09 PM
*Edit

Rips, I'm thinking that the book you're talking about in your second post is 'The Da Vinci Code.'  Very entertaining read and poses some interesting questions.  He definitely 'humanizes' Jesus a lot more than the religious right ever would.
Thats the one, ive heard everyone raving on about it, but everytime I go to the Public Libary all 4 copies are either on the reserve shelf or borrowed... If I wasnt such a cheap ******* Id just use my Book Voucher I got for Chirstmas and buy it for $5.

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..+Jan 19 2005, 07:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (..::ERIC::.. @ Jan 19 2005, 07:36 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin--JJ-
@Jan 19 2005, 08:17 PM
Maybe if you go for a bit longer Eric, and get sleep deprived it might work.

I'm sure someone at Sky has a practical joke of putting the Shine listings on to other channels on the Sky Digital Guide. It's happened to me several times, I've been flicking through TV2 for example, and wondering what the hell this **** is, and then realising it's Shine's listings.
That happens to me all the friggen time. I'll be scrolling through Sky Sport, and it will say "The 700 club". I think, what the f***? Is this a club of batsmen who score 700+ runs in a test match or somthing? Then, whoa, its shine. [/b]
<
...happens to us too...gods doing that is....dont watch channel 2 its evil...watch SHINE...
<

Originally posted by umosay@Jan 19 2005, 06:27 PM
What about, will 24 hours of rugby turn me into christian... cullen?
Are you going to play fullback for Wellington
<

Originally posted by Ripper+Jan 20 2005, 01:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jan 20 2005, 01:57 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Serge

There's some video's you must download(can't remember the names), to prove you wrong, it could be the best investment of your time you make to date, next time I return to this website I'll try to have the details of the names ect. ready. I have it all on CD, just need to go and have a look.

It basicly explains why your big bang theory is wrong, although any person can figure that out for himself. Also your dinosaur theory is also put to waste, although they did excist...very very interessting videos

This is actually a very good debate!

As long as insults are not thrown about this one might even get pinned....

Originally posted by DawieDieKabouter@Jan 21 2005, 01:47 AM
Also your dinosaur theory is also put to waste, although they did excist...very very interessting videos
Dawie, I'd be interested in hearing more on this.

Originally posted by neh@Jan 21 2005, 08:45 AM
i f***ed mary the other night......thus proof of god
Can someone make it so Neh can't post in this thread?

Looking forward to those videos Dawie!

Originally posted by Serge+Jan 21 2005, 01:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Jan 21 2005, 01:02 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-neh
@Jan 21 2005, 08:45 AM
i f***ed mary the other night......thus proof of god
Can someone make it so Neh can't post in this thread?

Looking forward to those videos Dawie! [/b]
Very good idea. Is there a way of banning users from say, particular threads or sections of the forum?

Originally posted by sanzar+Jan 20 2005, 02:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jan 20 2005, 02:57 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Serge
Thats pretty ridiculous mate... Considering the universe is infinate and time is also infinate, our existance isn't devine, rather just inevetable... [/b]
The that has always intrigued me was what was here before time

Originally posted by neh+Jan 21 2005, 02:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (neh @ Jan 21 2005, 02:25 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-DawieDieKabouter
@Jan 20 2005, 02:11 AM
<

Your mocking could cause the greatest regret you will ever face.

As far as your experiment goes, listening to Gods word alone doesn't garentee conversion, if you have decided beforehand on an attitude of not listening, where will it take you? If you make a point of finding out the meaning of life, and you find it out, I will garentee you that it will lead you to be converted. You have to take it seriously, your lifes meanings is what matters, you aren't a headless chicken, are you? Work on whats most important in life, it makes sense...
f***in mental prick get a life of ur own dont live for something that doesnt even exist and no one has EVER seen before [/b]
you will eventually see him
<
....maybe from hell...whats better living forever after the big war or being remembered only as dust?

****...who im talking to..neh?...@#$% it
<

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Jan 21 2005, 06:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE CHIROPRACTOR101 @ Jan 21 2005, 06:15 PM)</div>
Originally posted by neh@Jan 21 2005, 02:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-DawieDieKabouter
@Jan 20 2005, 02:11 AM
<

Your mocking could cause the greatest regret you will ever face.

As far as your experiment goes, listening to Gods word alone doesn't garentee conversion, if you have decided beforehand on an attitude of not listening, where will it take you? If you make a point of finding out the meaning of life, and you find it out, I will garentee you that it will lead you to be converted. You have to take it seriously, your lifes meanings is what matters, you aren't a headless chicken, are you? Work on whats most important in life, it makes sense...

f***in mental prick get a life of ur own dont live for something that doesnt even exist and no one has EVER seen before
you will eventually see him
<
....maybe from hell...whats better living forever after the big war or being remembered only as dust?

****...who im talking to..neh?...@#$% it
<
[/b]
<
<
<

Are you really that sure of gods existance and the existance of the soul? How do you know? What if it's all rubbish? Have you ever considered that existing for all eternity would be a bad thing? Lastly, if there is in fact nothing after we die, then we won't be in any state able to worry about it, so why by frightened of it?

Latest posts