• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The power of christ compels you

There's no fatal flaw.

But yes, I believe that all sinners will go to hell. As I explained in the previous post.
But you can also be saved. That's why I said that Christians are spreading the gospel all over the world, to reach the people in those places. The religion is not evil and horrible, also not evil or horrible. Be mad at Satan, Adam and Eve, your channeling your anger the wrong way. In Christianity, it's all about how God is saving us, threw His Son. Nothing horrible about that. It's not about people getting damned, it's about people getting saved, how can't you see that.

You just don't want to open your mind to this view. You will do everything in your power to try and put your mind at ease, telling yourself that there's no hell.

Go and look at the video before you tell me that everything around has a shade of grey.
To me the grey concept just don't bare any fact, it's man-made.

Originally posted by DawieDieKabouter@Feb 16 2005, 03:23 AM
You just don't want to open your mind to this view. You will do everything in your power to try and put your mind at ease, telling yourself that there's no hell.
Hell is a bargening ploy my friend... without it, how can you convince anyone when your stance is so weak... This is the reason religeons like Buddhism receive more respect than your like. They encourage endless compassion and understanding of all things... you do not. It is you who has the closed mind.

Jesus was homosexual. Mary was raped by a roman solidure and thats how Jesus was born. Joseph was a pedaphile.

Oh you're definitely going to hell for that one.
<

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Feb 16 2005, 07:42 AM
Oh you're definitely going to hell for that one.
<
However! There is nothing about that statement that isn't plausable!
<

Originally posted by sanzar+Feb 16 2005, 03:27 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Feb 16 2005, 03:27 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-DawieDieKabouter
@Feb 16 2005, 03:23 AM

Hell is a bargening ploy my friend... without it, how can you convince anyone when your stance is so weak... This is the reason religeons like Buddhism receive more respect than your like. They encourage endless compassion and understanding of all things... you do not. It is you who has the closed mind. [/b]
sorry not for aggreeing with you
<

if you don't know anything of both the religions, how can you comment on it?
The Christian stance is all but weak, it's the the only science backed religion, not of that Zen nonsense you get in buddhism. How you can argue that a science backed religion is weak, and that a made up concept like buddhism is not, is beyond me. Why not just start another religion almost like buddhism, with your idealistic ideas of what you think the world should be? Your "religion" won't get respect by anyone with half a brain cell because it's a made up concept, a way of living.
Iven the retarted Mohammed Ghandi said that Christianity would be the most beautifull religion in the world if it was not for those who don't live what is preached, those you get who tells everyone their christians but their actions don't mirror that. Ghandi was seen as a hero, by the unbelieving world, why, he wanted this grey area you are yearning for.

If you think Christianity, then followed by the concept of hell, then your missing the point. By definition, and what is taught in God's word, the natural thought that follows when your think of christianity, is salvation, because that is what it's all about.

So if you think that hell is a bargening ploy, you lost the plot of the message.

From your staunch beliefs, it seems quite certain that tolerance isn't amongst them.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Feb 20 2005, 03:47 AM
From your staunch beliefs, it seems quite certain that tolerance isn't amongst them.
Excellent point.

And Dawie, did you just call Ghandi a retard?

Originally posted by DawieDieKabouter+Feb 20 2005, 03:10 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DawieDieKabouter @ Feb 20 2005, 03:10 AM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Feb 16 2005, 03:27 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-DawieDieKabouter
@Feb 16 2005, 03:23 AM

Hell is a bargening ploy my friend... without it, how can you convince anyone when your stance is so weak... This is the reason religeons like Buddhism receive more respect than your like. They encourage endless compassion and understanding of all things... you do not. It is you who has the closed mind.
sorry not for aggreeing with you
<

if you don't know anything of both the religions, how can you comment on it?
The Christian stance is all but weak, it's the the only science backed religion, not of that Zen nonsense you get in buddhism. How you can argue that a science backed religion is weak, and that a made up concept like buddhism is not, is beyond me. Why not just start another religion almost like buddhism, with your idealistic ideas of what you think the world should be? Your "religion" won't get respect by anyone with half a brain cell because it's a made up concept, a way of living.
Iven the retarted Mohammed Ghandi said that Christianity would be the most beautifull religion in the world if it was not for those who don't live what is preached, those you get who tells everyone their christians but their actions don't mirror that. Ghandi was seen as a hero, by the unbelieving world, why, he wanted this grey area you are yearning for.

If you think Christianity, then followed by the concept of hell, then your missing the point. By definition, and what is taught in God's word, the natural thought that follows when your think of christianity, is salvation, because that is what it's all about.

So if you think that hell is a bargening ploy, you lost the plot of the message. [/b]
I'm not going to argue with you anymore mate... There's no point, you have not ONCE validated your aguments on hell and other religions! You keep harping on about how Christianity is "THE ONLY TRUE WAY" and how we have to "accept the good news etc" and all sorts of other rubbish. It's begining to get a bit boring... because when it comes down to it you are completely closed minded and unaccepting of the possibility that may be WRONG about this! And really, why does it bother you? If there is nothing out there after death, you won't be in any state to worry about it will you?

I wouldn't be so harsh on other religions Dawie. It's true that as Christian, we sort of believe that the reason we aren't Buddhist or Jewish is that Christianity is..how can I put this..... the more direct path to God. it doesn't mean that the others are complete bullshit, there is alot of truth to Islam, Hinduism, Judaism and various others, Ghandi was exhibiting in fact much a kind of conduct similar to that of Christ Himself. living in poverty using wisdom and peaceful ways to obtain justice and to show the people how to think in a righteous manner.

Well, sanzar, I agree with you that we can't argue, we both strongly believe what we believe, it seems pointless to argue. It did seem though that you try very hard to find fault with Christianity without knowing much about the subject, explore, open your mind
<
to explore this religion.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Feb 25 2005, 03:35 PM
This has been a great thread so far.
And my only input was about politics. Although I suppose religion and politics are linked. Look at America's 'war on terror'.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Feb 26 2005, 06:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Feb 26 2005, 06:13 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Feb 25 2005, 03:35 PM
And my only input was about politics. Although I suppose religion and politics are linked. Look at America's 'war on terror'. [/b]
Onward Christian soldiers . . .

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Feb 26 2005, 06:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Feb 26 2005, 06:13 AM)</div>
And my only input was about politics. Although I suppose religion and politics are linked. Look at America's 'war on terror'. [/b]
How do all the folk (Christian soldier's or not - good one capt. !) feel about this new movie coming out in summer - "Kingdom of Heaven", a hollywood story about the Crusades... I here its causing a bit of a stir with some of its content/themes about who killed who and for what reasons

Originally posted by raziel_eire+Feb 26 2005, 07:41 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (raziel_eire @ Feb 26 2005, 07:41 AM)</div>
Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Feb 26 2005, 06:13 AM

And my only input was about politics. Although I suppose religion and politics are linked. Look at America's 'war on terror'.
How do all the folk (Christian soldier's or not - good one capt. !) feel about this new movie coming out in summer - "Kingdom of Heaven", a hollywood story about the Crusades... I here its causing a bit of a stir with some of its content/themes about who killed who and for what reasons [/b]
Haven't heard a thing about it, but it's a shame when 'artistic licence' gets in the way of 'historical fact.'

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 26 2005, 07:32 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Feb 26 2005, 07:32 AM)</div>

Onward Christian soldiers . . . [/b]
Ever seen that "perfect circle" video clip "go back to sleep"?
<

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 25 2005, 08:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Feb 25 2005, 08:45 PM)</div>
Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 26 2005, 07:41 AM

How do all the folk (Christian soldier's or not - good one capt. !) feel about this new movie coming out in summer - "Kingdom of Heaven", a hollywood story about the Crusades... I here its causing a bit of a stir with some of its content/themes about who killed who and for what reasons
Haven't heard a thing about it, but it's a shame when 'artistic licence' gets in the way of 'historical fact.' [/b]
Aye, it will probably be a shitty love story about one of the Knights of St.Johns forbidden love for a down trodden and oppressed Muslim girl.

Latest posts