The Pro Evolution of golf games is on its way!

Discussion in 'General Gaming Chat' started by Titan, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Titan

Titan Guest

Stand aside Tiger, you have a new rival! ProStroke Golf World Tour 2007 I have never bought a golf title before, but I pre-ordered this a while back - it looks very promising.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. ak47

ak47 Guest

No 360 version killed my sale

I was looking forward to a tiger challenger

sometime u just cant help but think EA are stiffing u coz there is nobody to push them up another notch

Tiger Woods series hasnt changed much since 2004, and we need these guys to push them like Konami do with soccer

4. woosaah

woosaah Guest

those screenshots look damn ugly

5. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

I still have Tiger Woods 2003 and still find it a perfect golf game. and before that it was PGA Euro tour on the Mega Drive.

Maybe I'm a bit of an EA fanboy when it comes to golf games.

6. ak47

ak47 Guest

It is one of the only EA titles that u cant really fault

U dont know how to make it better apart from volumes of Pro Shop items and courses, n players

Make the AI shoot lower and u have a good golf game

Removing option to spin ur shot mid flight would take the fun out of golf games

I think EA have done well to implement a harder aiming system for 2007.

They just gotto make the AI shoot over 300yds off the tee everytime and shoot mid to low 60's in the tournies and u have a very very good golf game

This World Tour Golf may introduce some new elements in a golf game that we cant think of, and make EATiger Woods go another notch for next year - Time will tell.

7. Titan

Titan Guest

This is what spong.com have to say about the game:

ProStroke Golf: World Tour 2007 is one of the best golfing games in years, and if you don’t believe us you can damn well read our recent, extended preview of the game to see what we had to say about it.

Simply put, ProStroke Golf: World Tour 2007 is perhaps the closest, most faithful video game adaptation of the game to date, with the awesome “ProStroke†control system being the most innovative golf swing system ever to be implemented in a golf game – allowing you to set up and take shots exactly as you would do in real life, changing your weight distribution for different trajectories, opening or closing your stance and club face for fades or draws - just like in real golf. Most importantly though, it’s superb fun.

Like I say, very promising.

8. getofmeland

getofmeland Guest

Ah it comes out on Friday then, I think I will wait til I have played a demo or the game in a shop before going and buying it

9. ak47

ak47 Guest

ak47 - ****** his pants, and shoot this info off to everyone he knows

do we have a new golf king???

i am excited now fellas

the ps2 still has life - FOOOOOOUUUUURRRRR!!!!!

edit: :wall: :wall: :%#%#:

FARK THESE ******** - I WANT A X360 VERSION :wall:

10. getofmeland

getofmeland Guest

Good Point AK47, what kind of game company develops a game for all consoles, and leaves out the latest console....

11. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Konami

12. dobrien7

dobrien7 Guest

I hope this one is the goods, Tiger gets too easy, I mean rounds of more than -20 are laughable...

13. ak47

ak47 Guest

14. dobrien7

dobrien7 Guest

Played it at lunch, meh, is alright. Need a good go at it before I'm convinced...

15. top gun

top gun Guest

16. woosaah

woosaah Guest

good find!

17. getofmeland

getofmeland Guest

looks nice

18. ak47

ak47 Guest

yes i am sticking to TW again for 2007

I have reloaded 2006 X360

Bout to win my first major

solid game of golf..........2007 can only mean better things

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!