• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The pubs of wigan rejoice!

R

redunderthebed

Tim Smith has being signed by Wigan for the next two seasons!. :bana: I think he will be a great player if he keeps his **** together and is away from the sydney media. (which is very intense i would imagine that because rugby league from what i gather has a lower profile in the UK he will be a bit more anonymous).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_leag...gan/7444562.stm

Warriors snap up half-back Smith

The Australian half-back has decided to renew his career in the Super League after being handed an indefinite suspension by Parramatta last year.

"I am grateful to the Warriors for giving me the chance to relaunch my career," said the 23-year-old.

"My aim is to impress the management and fans and to win something."

Parramatta had taken action against Smith in 2007 after allegations of drunken behaviour and leave was granted for the player earlier this season due to a bipolar disorder.

"My personal problems have been well documented but they are now behind me and I want to concentrate only on playing footy," added the former Australia schoolboy international.

Wigan chairman Ian Lenagan is confident that the signing will pay off. "We acknowledge some risks - reflected in the contract - in signing Tim after his early-season illness difficulties," he explained.

"Tim now feels ready to relaunch his rugby league career away from the Sydney media pressure."

Smith, who had also been linked with Harlequins, is expected to join up with the Warriors once his application for a work permit is approved.

[/b]

Wigan better stock up on the **** i reckon. :lol:

Him and Palea'aesina should get on well. [/b]

As drinking buddies? :lol:

In all seriousness Tim Smith is a good player and one of the best kicks ive ever seen he will put tries on a silver platter for players like leuluai.

Latest posts