• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Question Thread

jordNZ

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Game speed + time.

The Question Thread

Got a question? Searching for an answer? Post your RWC'11 Game questions in here.

Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wish they would patch this to give us full 40min halves and a slider/option to tone the game speed down (to compensate for longer play time). Would make it a little more realistic for the enthusiasts I think.

Opinions?

Last edited by a moderator:
i would be surprised if anyone would consistently play 40 minute halves on a game like this. One of my mates on NBA 2K10 played an entire 82 game season with full 48 minute games, not skipping a single game and that shocked me. Its like those crazy people who spend days playing test match mode on a cricket game.

Wouldn't really work though would end up with scores in the hundreds on both sides on the current game speed, personally never used more than the 10min half mode on Rugby League 3 (as I will do on Rugby Challenge) as I always felt the 40min half one to be a bit pointless for me.
Seems they've already slowed down the game play since 08, and I think they've got the game speed pretty damn good atm, and I doubt I'd be bothered to fiddle about with it. That's just me, sure there's plenty who'd love to re-create an authentic 80min per match World Cup in their living room!

Last edited:
If you turn the difficulty up, the game is really back and forward and very little points are scored (from my experience), therefore I reckon it could work with 80min matches. I'm a big fan of the realism thing with match times and points - like Co2en5 mate with NBA 2k10, I play my madden games at full 15minute quarters; one game usually lasts about two hours :p

But back to topic, if they slowed the game speed a little bit (you're right Thingimubob, it's pretty good now but I think it could be toned back still), made the defensive line harder to crash though, it would be a great way to play full 80min matches. I'm all for authenticity as you can tell!

This is a good point. Not all teams play at a fast pace in real life, and slow the game down to suit them. There should be an option (like a strategy) where you can attack or slow the game down accordingly to the situation. Obviously, you can do this playing anyway, but you know those moments, where you have to feel you are going to rush the set play from a ruck on the 22, (in the game at least) but in real life, it'd take a few extra moments to set the play up.

I entered the code, when do the new kits become usable?

So I got the game today, entered the code from the website for the code and online play. When do the new kits become usable?? Is it the next time you turn the game on?

Straight away - they're not in Int. Test mode though, for some reason

Olyy any word from HB yet on whether that is how it is supposed to be or whether it will be changed?

Nope, but keep your eyes on the forum, they'll post it on here if/when they let us know

So I should have them on world cup mode and warm up tour? I'm gonna go check, cheers.

Kits are only usable on full tournament, very dissapointing, cant' even use them in warm up tour, HB please fix this!

I'm glad someone is in the same boat as me! Even if they just allowed for full 80min games I would be stoked!

this is ridiculous. why aren't the kits in all the game modes?. genuinely frustrating after staying loyal to rwc2011 instead of rug chug and spending my money on it, to get an unlicensed england kit....sort it out.

the game is laughable i wouldnt even spend £5 on it im definetly wating for rugby challenge

Rugby Challenge needs a major patch overhaul before it can be considered playable. It has great potential but falls flat from a number of issues (if they fix these, mine and many others opinions should change). Thus far RWC 2011 has been much more enjoyable.

I'm glad someone is in the same boat as me! Even if they just allowed for full 80min games I would be stoked!

I with you on that, hated many American sports, checked out operation sports to get more realism in sliders and game time makes a huge difference and the game more enjoyable. Still on the fence about RWC - if it drops price a little bit more no hesitation, cannot see that while tournament is on.

What are the time options?

Player model duplicates!

Anyone else noticed that both Flood and Wilkinson and Sexton and Ogara have the same player models so that it doesnt confuse the game, Ogara looks more like sexton from the back, and Wilkinson the same with Flood! LAZY!

Latest posts