• France lost the match, poor decisions, poor playing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Argentina outclassed France and showed their rugby superiority

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
O

O'Rothlain

France 12 Argentina 17

I personally did not expect France to lose this match. Not that I doubt the strength of Argentina or underestimate them. It was presumed that France would, as they have in their warm up matches, prove to be the better team. Clearly, though, they didn't show up to this match like they should have. Did they underestimate the Argies? Or, were Los Pumas just too good?

As the match started, one could see the heart of the Argentinians was directly on their sleeve. They are in France to prove something. They are one of the Rugby Super-Powers and should be respected as such. France looked confident as hosts and hopefuls of the tournament. However, they quickly looked stunned, and that didn't really change throughout the match.

Hernandez was clearly in a world of his own, as he proved to be top class. Where was the skill of the Frenchmen? Who would initiate the "French Flair?" By 28 minutes into the game one had to wonder "What am I seeing?" Argentina are clearly beating the French. Maybe it was just me? But I doubt that. A stupid pass from Remy Martin intercepted, and the scoreline is now France 3 Argentina 14.

I was expecting France to emerge from the halftime break on fire. However they looked the same. They did slowly begin to build up, however and started to show the flair of which everyone gushes. "Oh mon Dieu!" The Argies hit back hard. Every great break the French made los Pumas defended. They defended so well that by 61 minutes Skrella was out injured and on comes Michalak. Could he regain his former form and make something amazing happen? Uhm, yeah, it didn't happen.

Finally an answer to my prayers, Chabal is on the pitch. To quote RTÉ's postings, "Chabal is in one man wrecking ball mode." Despite his tackle breaking and sheer power, France could make nothing happen off of his efforts.

Fortunately this game kept you on your seat's edge as even down to 80 minutes France had the chance to come back. When the final whistle was blown I couldn't help but be filled with respect for Argentina. They played like champions. Great defenense and they punished France for their mistakes. It was a great opening match for the World Cup, unless that is, your name is Laporte.

This was Argentina's triumph through and through as far as i'm concerned.
From kick-off France went into panicky mode, whereas the Argies just relaxed into the game and played the way that has benefited them so far up until now.

can only agree there,

Congratulations to Argentina which is now OFFICIALY a top-nation in Rugby...

A lot of people did refer to the previous warmup matches France played but Wales and England weren't anywhere near Argentina's form on this one...

first 10 minutes I thought "... hm.. this is gonna be difficult..."

after Argentina scored, I thought "...lucky jaguars (they should not be called "pumas", comes from a mistake from a South African journalist in the 50s or 60s) we'll strike back..."

at half-time... "... hmm... ok, looks like we didn't strike back... <_< "

and when Michalak missed the last pen kick that would have make 15 - 17, I thought "oh f... let's change channel... :ranting: "

Don't really what to do now, Argentina obviously deserves a place in QFs, and Ireland are the only NH side that have almost won against ABs in NZ...

:cryy: who can i support now ????

Ireland !!! :bleh!:

I'm not French anymore... B)

Yes , almost every international team plays badly against Argentina, lately.

In fact, the champions of RWC07 will be a poor team, but all the rest will play worse. Stop this crap please.

Argentina only scored when France threw a dud pass, although great reflexes for that intercept try. lol

Argentina only scored when France threw a dud pass, although great reflexes for that intercept try. lol
[/b]

Maybe I'm mistaken but as far as I remember France didn't scored at all.

i would say both ... argentina just found the way to disturb us, but mainly i would say that we could not overpass the pressure of the opening of the wc

i would say both ... argentina just found the way to disturb us, but mainly i would say that we could not overpass the pressure of the opening of the wc
[/b]

It looks like we have done that five out the last six times that we played :wall:

Latest posts