• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Rugby Championship 2020 to go ahead?

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Press are reporting that SANZAAR are seeking approval from the NZ government to hold the full tournament in NZ.

If all teams are happy to be based there for the duration, and go through the relevant quarantine procedures etc. then that would be amazing.

Press are reporting that SANZAAR are seeking approval from the NZ government to hold the full tournament in NZ.

If all teams are happy to be based there for the duration, and go through the relevant quarantine procedures etc. then that would be amazing.

That's a pipedream to be honest. And with the recent articles now hitting SA shores that NZ doesn't want SA in Super Rugby, there will definitely be some bumping of heads (and ego's).

I just don't see our government giving the green light for this. Not at this stage at least. We are still on level 3 lockdown, and on Sunday, our President again announced the immediate ban of sales of all Alcohol products with immediate effect. The Liquor and Tobacco industries are basically non-existent in SA for the past 4 months already.

To have an entire team, from different areas in our country be put on a plane for international travel, is not going to happen soon, and by soon, I mean before end of August.

Never say never - the UFC have managed to set up a central hub for all their events.

Fighters get tested in their home country and are then quarantined in their hotel for two days - if they pass then they fly into Abu Dhabi. Another test and another two days quarantine - if they pass then they have free reign of the hotel and training facilities - another test two days before the fight.

NZ has allowed Avatar 2 to resume filming, with people flying in from all over the world.

Obviously it would be a massive undertaking to make sure it happens safely and properly, but don't kill off all our hopes and dreams :p

Never say never - the UFC have managed to set up a central hub for all their events.

Fighters get tested in their home country and are then quarantined in their hotel for two days - if they pass then they fly into Abu Dhabi. Another test and another two days quarantine - if they pass then they have free reign of the hotel and training facilities - another test two days before the fight.

NZ has allowed Avatar 2 to resume filming, with people flying in from all over the world.

Obviously it would be a massive undertaking to make sure it happens safely and properly, but don't kill off all our hopes and dreams :p

I'm not saying never, I just know what morons my Government are, and they are just not equipped to handle this right now. Especially since we've had 2 coldfronts now and it has been the coldest in over a Decade in South Africa, and all of a sudden there has been a spike en new cases in city centres.

My home town went from 43 active cases 2 weeks ago, to over a thousand the past week. And the predictions are that the numbers will increase a lot more in the coming weeks.

Today was the first day in 12 years where it was 0 degrees celsius outside. The first time in 12 years we went under 1...

This pandemic loves the cold, and if it doesn't heat up here, we might even go back to level-5 Lockdown.

If any country can pull it off it's New Zealand. They've done a great job handling the pandemic in comparison to most countries (like mine). Be thankful Trump's not involved. :eek:

Last edited:

Latest posts