• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Rugby Channel

jayk527

Academy Player
Country Flag
United States
Opinions on it? Is it worth it or not something I should bother with? This is really my only option for more Rugby access in the US. WatchESPN and NBC have some stuff, as well as FS1, but I'm trying to expand. If anyone has opinions, let me know. Thanks!

Hi there. I don't have an opinion on the Rugby Channel since my television is already too expensive as it is, but I just wanted to remind you there's lots of rugby on Youtube.

Not necessarily recent games, but if you're following a particular professional team (as I was for a while, a team in South Africa) people often post the matches within a day or two and you can catch them in that short window before they're discovered and taken down. They don't seem to care about many of the games a year or two old, so if you just want to watch good rugby without getting emotionally involved in who wins, Youtube is a great option.

I was just reading your other post and realize I'm weighing in late, but wanted to share my personal opinion. You fell in love with the sport watching the Olympics (7's). Watch a lot of 15's before you get too heavily into 7's -- I think a person can appreciate 7's better if he's already familiar with and a fan of the "full version" of the game. No offense to the 7's players, who are pretty awesome to play such a fast-paced game.

To make it into an Americanized analogy, you'd probably enjoy watching some guys play 3 on 3 half-court basketball a lot more if you were familiar with basketball. Okay, maybe not a great analogy -- but hey, watch some 15's and get to know the game.

Hi there. I don't have an opinion on the Rugby Channel since my television is already too expensive as it is, but I just wanted to remind you there's lots of rugby on Youtube.

Not necessarily recent games, but if you're following a particular professional team (as I was for a while, a team in South Africa) people often post the matches within a day or two and you can catch them in that short window before they're discovered and taken down. They don't seem to care about many of the games a year or two old, so if you just want to watch good rugby without getting emotionally involved in who wins, Youtube is a great option.

I was just reading your other post and realize I'm weighing in late, but wanted to share my personal opinion. You fell in love with the sport watching the Olympics (7's). Watch a lot of 15's before you get too heavily into 7's -- I think a person can appreciate 7's better if he's already familiar with and a fan of the "full version" of the game. No offense to the 7's players, who are pretty awesome to play such a fast-paced game.

To make it into an Americanized analogy, you'd probably enjoy watching some guys play 3 on 3 half-court basketball a lot more if you were familiar with basketball. Okay, maybe not a great analogy -- but hey, watch some 15's and get to know the game.

Awesome thanks! I will check it out. There's definitely more Rugby League on than Union where I am, but I have an appreciation for both. When it comes to watching, I definitely get more excited to watch the Wasps play (which is rarely) or when the Canberra Raiders play. The NRL is the easiest and most played rugby I can find on tv here.