• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Rugby Forum Needs YOU!

G

getofmeland

<div align='center'>
uncle-dan2.jpg

</div>
Members of TRF,

2010 is the 7<sup>th</sup> year of TRF. Over the next month or so I am looking to usher in the most significant changes since the forum began. I am not going to change with our formula of quality discussion and zany off topic chat, I am not going to charge for use and I am not going to bring in a series of new rules. I am going to change the forum software that we use.

I intend to, after all these years, move away from Invision Power Board, who have given us seven years service, and instead move to VBulletin. I think this will be for the massive benefit to TRF. Firstly, it is easier to maintain. Not a problem for you, the members, but a major relief for me and the rest of TRF's hard working staff! There are many reasons that a move will benefit TRF. We can sell advertising space without compromising the look of the forum. We can make features such as our arcade easier to reach. We can make the board run that touch quicker.

Best of all, we can move everything over, meaning that quality discussion past and present remains. We will copy the database over, keep calm and carry on.

However, this is not done without a cost. As you know, TRF depends heavily on forum user donations. We were hit hard with a legal case last year, which cost us £80. You put your hands in your pocket on that occasion and we managed to recoup most of that. Midway through the year as a result of the ongoing financial crisis, we lost our advertisers.

Neither me, Charlie or Chris are in the position at the moment where we can afford to sink our own money in. We did that, hundreds of pounds worth, in 2006 and 2007 in making the forum competitive again.

Our regular users are all well aware of how much time we put into running TRF, and how much it means to the three owners. We have made the decision to move onto the new software, and we know that you'll trust us on this matter.

This is where you come in. We need your help. We simply cannot afford to do this by ourselves. We need you, the members, to muck in and give us a hand. I hate asking for your money because I don't and never would charge for TRF, but I am looking to raise £200 in a fundraising event. This will cover the transfer from one software to another and leave us with enough money to cover hosting for the rest of the year.

If 200 of you donated £1.23, we'd get the money we needed. If those of you who've used the mods for the Rugby 08 game that we host, free of charge, donated £1.23, we'd be fine for hosting for years. If you love reading the forum, but don't post much, help us to make your reading easier with new software.

You can all do the maths. TRF needs your help. The current package we have isn't going to expire or anything, and the board isn't heading into oblivion. But I feel we're being held back and I feel that with your help, TRF will have a massive 2010.

If I get the money I hope to have our new look board ready for the new 6 Nations tournament, which begins 6<sup>th</sup> February. I'm not asking for massive amounts from people, just what you can or you feel the forum warrants. We've already had one exceptionally kind donation of £5. That's pre-appeal.

I feel you, the members, have always trusted me and the rest of the staff on the forum when it comes to making key decisions like this. I urge you now to back me again and help us take The Rugby Forum to the next level.

Our target is £200. We already have £4.63 of that. Every little bit helps us and we appreciate every donation we receive. You can donate by clicking the link in my signature or a paypal gift to [email protected]

Thank you.

Dan (St Helens RLFC) on behalf of Charlie, Chris and all the staff at TRF.

$4.40889 NZD which amounts to $2 GBP from me because I've been using all the great mods created by everyone on TRF and I think it's money well spent.

I'm hopefully getting my new debit card this week (or latest early next week) then I'll definitely make a donation!

Latest posts