• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Rugby Magazine - Fantasy Rugby

Thanks and yes they are all out now.

Ive messed up abit sold LCD cos realised was injured. When i needed to sell a wasp to get robson but now i cant without sacrificing 20 points so not got the team i want but oh well still think i will do well :)

Yeh i messed up got to many wingers meaning i got roko, woodward and woodburn on the bench, and no real alternatives

I know that feeling! :D Are bench players important in this game because at the moment I've had to fill the 22 & 23 shirts with Daly & Maitland who aren't even featuring this weekend? I know in football fantasy games your bench is only used if one of your starting players doesn't play so hopefully the same with this? :confused:

I know that feeling! :D Are bench players important in this game because at the moment I've had to fill the 22 & 23 shirts with Daly & Maitland who aren't even featuring this weekend? I know in football fantasy games your bench is only used if one of your starting players doesn't play so hopefully the same with this? :confused:
Bench players recieve half points that they actually would have got if you had them on your starting line up. Go to help and all the tranfer rules and point scoring rules are there.

Good luck. Have you joined the TRF league?

My 23 is a lot more injury/non-selection hit than I was anticipating. No major concerns and I think I've still got a good side out, so we'll see.

Captain is a tough choice, but I've gone with Gopperth this week.

My captain is whoever I suspect will score a lot of points, last week it was Wade. This week May.

Just joined the league, second week and I'm already playing two wingers in the centres...

My 23 is a lot more injury/non-selection hit than I was anticipating. No major concerns and I think I've still got a good side out, so we'll see.

Captain is a tough choice, but I've gone with Gopperth this week.

I had goppath last week but doesnt get that many points tbh unless he gets tries. Risked it and have gone nowell.

I got takalua at 9 and faf de clerk on the bench....fail got 18 points for takalua and about 20 (40 originally) for faf...fail wanted robson but i messed up and got rid of a chief not as wasp so had max wasps players so cpuldnt have him

Last edited:
I went for Gopperth on the basis that a) he could score a try or two himself and b) he's also my kicker and I expect Wasps to get a few tries.

I would have been tempted to go with Wade had he not been injured.

It's easy to look at a player scoring big points one week and thinking 'damn I should have picked them' but I picked players on what I thought they could deliver across a season. Koch smashed it out of the park last week, but how many times is he going to do that? Evidence from last season suggests he won't. Last week, I missed a trick by starting Takulua with Robson on the bench but that's the way the game works ... we'll all have our own individual frustrations.

I went for Gopperth on the basis that a) he could score a try or two himself and b) he's also my kicker and I expect Wasps to get a few tries.

I would have been tempted to go with Wade had he not been injured.

It's easy to look at a player scoring big points one week and thinking 'damn I should have picked them' but I picked players on what I thought they could deliver across a season. Koch smashed it out of the park last week, but how many times is he going to do that? Evidence from last season suggests he won't. Last week, I missed a trick by starting Takulua with Robson on the bench but that's the way the game works ... we'll all have our own individual frustrations.

Makes sense same as sam simmonds for chiefs got 2 tries but just an unknown quantity atm so cant make him captain but deserves another shot. Gone with genge and sinks with mako on bench. Hope he makes impact and as i already had him rather than buying a player ill need to sell in a week. Took a gamble on nowell but we all know what he can do on his day. And he puts in a shift all around the park not just a speedster.
Was going to put wade but hes injured soo.

Have proper failed this week my captain scored less that some of my bench players lol need a rethink for next week. Need wasps to have an absolute stormer and get me some damn points :) put nowell at captain...Took a risk hoping for a big win but didnt happen from him...

Maybe I'm polarising my impression based on my own team, but it looks to me like centres have a lower scoring potential (on average) than many other positions. It's not that easy to verify this within the system (a list of top scorers per position would be interesting). I had assumed that the scoring system was setup to mean that all positions have the same scoring potential given that player costs were in line with each other, but it appears to be that a top centre (or front rower for that matter) is going to give you less bang for your buck than a top winger.

I'm pleased to have got most changes right this week and managed 7th in the world this week. Well done to whoever is Arya Shark whose performance is much better than mine managing 6th in the world overall. A good showing for TRF, my fifth in the league translates to 226th out of 6000ish players and there are four forum members doing better than me.

I'm 75 points behind you but where you are 226th overall, I'm 537th!

I guess that means I'm still inside the top 10% but I had a poor weekend with no-one really standing out.

I agree with you re. the lower scoring potential of centres.

My bugbear is that too many players can be played out of position. I know the likes of Woodburn and Rokoduguni can play in the centres, but when was the last time they actually did? I feel like players should only be able to be selected in the position they are actually playing on the day. Or, a bit like the subs, if you deliberately pick players out of position, maybe you have to give up a proportion of the points for doing so.

Right now, there's more benefit to picking as many wingers as you can in the backs which takes away a lot of the realism.

I've saw at least one team with 4 wingers in it this weekend!

Really thought id messed it up tbh this week but am now 3rd in the TRF league so cant complain. Need to have a re think next weekend though

Is there any reason not to just stick wingers in the centres, fullback and the back subs? If not then they need to sort out the points system.

Latest posts