• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Rugby Union Manager 2016

JohnKA

Bench Player
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Sharks
Okay so 2016 is well underway and the only rugby game that is really being talked about is Rugby Challenge 3 (not a lot to talk about though as any info about the game is Extremely limited) but we are not here to about that , it has been confirmed by Dave that RUTM16 is in the making see below :

Hi John,

We are working on a new version of RUTM, but it will not be ready to release for several months. It is too soon to discuss new features
I do hope though that when it is released you will be able to appreciated all the hard work and "Rugby Love" that will have gone into the game.
In the meantime I do hope you will be able to continue to enjoy the current version, especially with the free 2016 season update.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd.

Okay so this is good news but OLD news , by now I am sure the developers must have a clear pictures/plan about what they want to do with RUTM16 as I do not expect a entire overall of the game (it is not needed anyway , most features work) there are certain parts that do need some attention , of course this is a manager game so everything is not about graphics but the match engine is very important and I would hope on top of the list (sorry Dave I know I have said this a million times already) after the match engine I would say the editor NEEDS attention as it can also prolong the games playtime , adding players, removing players , moving players ,adding teams , removing teams and changing competition format , I would also add a world raking tab to view for the internationals and then also use it to determine the countries playing in the world cup , calibre changing as the game progress (this one can be huge and is a MUST) calibre must be able to change as a player goes through his rugby career , all colts starting at semi pro I would leave amateur out , then assign a calibre class to the competitions , Top14 = National , if a players plays a certain amount of matches in the Top14 they achieve the calibre class national , if they are selected for international duty after some matches they gain the class international , if they excel at international level achieving a rating of 7 / 10 for a few matches gain the class "world class" , then if they get injured and do not play for a while they drop a class , also when a player hits a certain age their calibre starts dropping till the point of semi pro and they retire (This is not hard to do as I only have a limited knowledge of coding but I can even do it) this is only some 2 cents from me , please post your ideas in this threats and let them know what you want for RUTM16 , that is coming .....

Last edited:
Some interesting concepts here John.
I sincerely hope by now the team has already finalised the list of features they want to have in the game. Otherwise this new version might not see the light of day before 2017.

Yes i do agree they must surely by now know excatly what they want from this version , i wish i knew what they see as important to change or develop on

Dave any chance for some info ....

Hi John,

Many thanks for your continued interest in the next version of Rugby Union Team Manager.
The RUTM team are currently working hard on this.
The new version is being recoded, in a way to make it easier in the future to do further new versions, and the fresh graphics are being worked on accordingly.
At present we would prefer not to start to show "work in progress" screens until we are happy that the game is pretty much nailed down.
In the meantime we do hope that you are continuing to enjoy RUTM15 with the free 2016 season update

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

Thank you Dave for the comment i really am excited about the new graphics , but can you please answer this one ... will the interface be different than RUTM15 ?

Thank you Dave for the comment i really am excited about the new graphics , but can you please answer this one ... will the interface be different than RUTM15 ?

Hi John,
We are recoding the game , so there will be quite a few differences.
The game is a while off, but when we are getting close, we will then be posting screen shots and videos etc.
Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

Hey Dave

This might be a stupid question but by saying you are recording the game does this basicly been the game is being made ?

Hey Dave

This might be a stupid question but by saying you are recording the game does this basicly been the game is being made ?

Hi John,

You appear to have misread "recoded" for "recorded". We are now building the game using all new code.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

Haha yes i have , my mistake sorry but this does indeed sound good

Hello all, I am new here. I am a rugby fan, and one that was dying for a proper rugby management game. Encouraged by your comments, and seeing that alternative software is really making an effort to develop their game, I decided to purchase it to show support.

Hi Milouse

Please share your experence with us .. also post what you think the next version needs .. Dave and the team have really been going out of their way to answer our questions.hope you enjoy the game as much as i do !!

Hi John,

I will. I only purchased the game this morning and played an hour with it. The interface is a bit heavy at the beginning and I haven't gone further than trying to get enough players into my academy to ensure that I met the minimum required, and hiring a few coaches, an agent and a scout (I guess it is a scout, I am playing the French version and it says "observer"). I don't know how to use agent and scout. But will find out.

Hello RUTM Team,
Would you please have any news regarding a new version of RUTM ?
A new version of the game could be released before the end of the year ?
Regards and again thanks for your work
Alexandre

Hello RUTM Team,
Would you please have any news regarding a new version of RUTM ?
A new version of the game could be released before the end of the year ?
Regards and again thanks for your work
Alexandre

I was also wondering whether the series is still alive?

Great post, happy to be with you, hope for more great posts here!!!

this game gonna make me forget about my anxiety and that makes me glad because I'm really an anxious person and I am tired to search for buspar coupon in order to buy my drugs for a cheaper price. thanks and thanks rugby!

Last edited:
Great post, happy to be with you, hope for more great posts here!!!

Hi Harpers,
Just to let you know , although you may already be aware, Rugby Union Team Manager 2017 has now been released.We hope that you will be able to enjoy it.
Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Latest posts