• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Scrum contest and yellow cards

Sixesandsevens

Academy Player
It would be great if they could find a way to make a realistic scrummaging contest, based on the strengths of the contesting front fives, this hasnt really been achieved before. For example if you watch Leicester tigers play this season you will have seen that a dominant scrum can cripple the other teams chances in a game, as they give away yellow cards and penalties, and I actually find the methodical dismantling of an opposition scrum as exciting to watch as a try fest. If this could be done in a realistic way it would increase the variety of ways which the game can be played. :)

Do you think certain players should be prone to getting carded more than others, for example I dont remember jonny wilkinson ever getting carded, or doing anything worth being carded for, however schalk burger and bakkies botha seem to give away about 6 yellow cards between them per tournament

great idea on the scrummaging.. I don't think the cards idea is good though... that just means you can select jonny wilkinson, do a head high and you'll know you're going to get away with it just because of who you are.

each player should have an aggression stat that determines how many times they tackle high, start fights, or talk back to the ref .

that would be good

I think that for the scrum you have have a side on view and listen to the ref's crouch touch pause engage (which should differ slightly between each ref). Then as this is happening you should counch all those features with both thumb sticks to make it realistic.

So you angle your props, try and get a fast hit and then drive up-wards. It would make that part of the game more real, challenging and fun. That way you can get a good hit or a rubbish hit and it effect how the scrum goes from there.

Hope that makes sense.

The stats of the srum should then set how stable your scrum is before the hit so a higher rated scrum will have a more stable hit with the weight of the pack and the scrumaging strneght power and fatigue all having effects on the total push.

I think that two sticks would be too complicated and mess with the flow of controls, but maybe just the right stick. Then you have to time your engage and hook for the ball. maybe have different buttons do different things like left and right triggers makes the props boar in more on that side, etc.

I think that for the scrum you have have a side on view and listen to the ref's crouch touch pause engage (which should differ slightly between each ref). Then as this is happening you should counch all those features with both thumb sticks to make it realistic.

So you angle your props, try and get a fast hit and then drive up-wards. It would make that part of the game more real, challenging and fun. That way you can get a good hit or a rubbish hit and it effect how the scrum goes from there.

The stats of the srum should then set how stable your scrum is before the hit so a higher rated scrum will have a more stable hit with the weight of the pack and the scrumaging strneght power and fatigue all having effects on the total push.

yeh that would be alright .

Latest posts