• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The sigesige00 lets change Rugby Union to Rugby league thread

In Association Football, games were decided by the number of corner kicks in some competitions until 1950s (not sure).
Same idea.

There's a reason why they stopped in the '50s...wasn't a very good idea.
Also can I ask why exactly is it that you don't like the scrum? Have you ever been in one?

There's a reason why they stopped in the '50s...wasn't a very good idea.
Also can I ask why exactly is it that you don't like the scrum? Have you ever been in one?

I do not like scrum, because:

It is difficult to judge which side collapsed the scrum
scrum is physically hard
there is "non-contest" scrum

So, I think that it would be a good idea to replace scrums by line-outs.

scrum is physically hard

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha......................................wait sorry......I mean to say hahahahahahahahah you suck hahahahahaha you suck hahahahahahaha you suck hahahahahahahahahahahahah you suck hahahahahaha you suck hahahahahahaha you suck hahahahahahahahahahahahah you suck hahahahahaha you suck hahahahahahaha you suck hahahahahahahahahahahahah you suck hahahahahaha you suck hahahahahahahayou suck hahahahahahahahahahahahah you suck hahahahahaha you suck hahahahahahaha you suck hahahahahahahahahah

I do not like scrum, because:

It is difficult to judge which side collapsed the scrum
scrum is physically hard
there is "non-contest" scrum

So, I think that it would be a good idea to replace scrums by line-outs.

1. No it's not. Quite easy to understand.
2. So what if its physically hard.
3. Rugby League scrums ...

easy big boy....i play in the backs but can apprecaite a scrum or two, as long as it does not interupt my hair combing

Most backs only go into a ruck if you tell them theres a tub of hair gel at the bottom. Then you...

SHOE 'IM

:lol:

Getting rid of scrums would also probably put guys my size and the size of the Russian #20 from the other night against Italy out of the game, as a good portion of the scrum halfs work would be gone. I like League but it's certianly not a game for all shapes and sizes like Union is.

easy big boy....i play in the backs but can apprecaite a scrum or two, as long as it does not interupt my hair combing

Well I play at 6 or 7. I like hanging with the big dawgs in the tight five, put part of me deep deep down wants the hair gel.

The Scrum is a vital part of what makes the point of difference between Rugby Union and Rugby League (and to a lesser extent American Football)

That point of difference the "contest for possession". It exists in the form of the Ruck, Maul, Line-out and scrum. In the other games (apart from the recently reintoduced "one-on-one strip") there is NO contest for the ball. Each team gets several turns with the ball then have to kick it away.

The Scrum, the Line-out and the Breakdown is what gives Rugby Union its appeal for players of all shapes and sizes; short and stocky for props, tall and lanky for locks, tall and athletic for loosies, short and nimble for scrum-halves etc. Anyone of almost any body shape can find a niche in the game.

However, if you look at Rugby League players, apart from a few rare exceptions such as Gary Freeman (short) and Barrie-Jon Mather (Tall), you'll see that they have a "sameness" about them; many of them look like they were cast from the same mould.

Admittedly, the Rugby Union scrum is not currently the contest it could and should be. Props are routinely allowed to bind illegally (and that is all props from all countries, no exceptions) and scrum halves are being allowed to feed the ball almost straight into the second row. If the powers that be can sort this out, then the scrum will become an even more important component of the game that it currently is.

I had a great idea for how to make rugby union better.

Limit the number of phases. If you get tackled a sixth time in the same spell of possession you must then place kick for goal, or kick for touch, with the ensuing lineout thrown in by the opposition.

Latest posts