• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Steve Ganson show...

V

Vambo

Firstly... congrats to Warrington for their fully deserved victory :bravo:

BUT....

Ganson :rolleyes:
I'm actually glad that they're allowing refs to take charge of their home town clubs games because at some point Stains are gonna have to put up with this whistle happy clown as well as the rest of us.
How many penalites?

Awful spectacle which simply wasn't allowed to flow due to Mr Pedantic!

The only good point I could take out of that game and Wigans admittedly crap overall performance is that Hock seems to be recapturing his best form.

You can't blame Ganson for ill discipline from Warrington and particularly Wigan.

Wigan are arguably the least disciplined team in the league. Trent should also get a ban like Mathers, but I'm fairly certain he won't, the cwatunt.

Wigan are arguably the least disciplined team in the league. Trent should also get a ban like Mathers, but I'm fairly certain he won't, the cwatunt.
[/b]

You never know... your wish may come true:
Wigan Warriors stand-off Trent Barrett is facing the threat of a ban of up to four matches after being cited for a dangerous tackle in his side’s 32-20 defeat at Warrington Wolves on Saturday.

Barrett, placed on report for an alleged "spear" tackle on Warrington winger Paul Johnson, was told that he has a case to answer and he will face the Rugby Football League’s disciplinary panel in Leeds on Tuesday.

Team-mate Richard Mathers, who was sent off for a high tackle on centre Matt King, has been charged with a grade D offence, which carries a suspension of up to five matches.

Mathers became the first player to be shown a red card in engage Super League this year and subsequently apologised to King for the tackle which left him badly concussed.

The RFL match review panel also referred Leeds Rhinos hooker Matt Diskin after he was placed on report for a high tackle on Castleford Tigers prop Michael Korkidas during last Friday’s 38-20 defeat at The Jungle.

Diskin, too, faces a ban of up to four matches if found guilty.

Also ordered to appear before the disciplinary panel are Hull KR forward David Mills, for alleged striking in his side’s 22-20 defeat at Wakefield Wildcats, and Harlequins full-back Mark McLinden, for a high tackle in the Londoners’ 24-0 win over Huddersfield Giants.

I think 4 games would be harsh on Barrett. HOWEVER, I sincerely hope he gets it because he is one of the biggest cheap shot merchants in Super League. It's a shame, because he is such a good player but I hate him because of his continual coming in over the top with a swinging arm when a tackle is complete.

As for Mathers, five games is about right.

Latest posts