• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Stormers Thread

saulan

First XV
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

Stormers

Ah no. I've just read we've left Kitshoff and Malherbe home for the touring squad for Italy and Wales. Scrum was definitely one of our (surprise) weaknesses in this past weekend. Hopefully we can hold it together and fixed things in this department before the matches, otherwise we are potentially in for some penalty trouble. Felt we got off lightly in this regard against Edinburgh because the ref was forcing the attacking scrum to use the ball even when they were still going forwards and not calling penalties on collapses if the ball was available.

Also just spotted we have left out Dweba and Fourie? The other two I can get, but why these two? If anything they could do with some game time.

unrated

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

Sharks

Ah no. I've just read we've left Kitshoff and Malherbe home for the touring squad for Italy and Wales. Scrum was definitely one of our (surprise) weaknesses in this past weekend. Hopefully we can hold it together and fixed things in this department before the matches, otherwise we are potentially in for some penalty trouble. Felt we got off lightly in this regard against Edinburgh because the ref was forcing the attacking scrum to use the ball even when they were still going forwards and not calling penalties on collapses if the ball was available.

Also just spotted we have left out Dweba and Fourie? The other two I can get, but why these two? If anything they could do with some game time.
Agreed does not make sense with Fourie and Dweba, sometimes I cant understand the logic of some coaches

TRF_stormer2010

TRF Legend
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

Stormers

Yeah I agree Dweba and Fourie could do with game time. We are sans Willemse and Jantjies as well for the next two tour games so the Welsh sides will be in with a shout.

I expect Dweba and Fourie are seen as Bok players so are by default rested for the Bok end of year tour. Feels a bit counterintuitive but I suppose if they have to work on a case by case system you'll have a lot of logistic headaches and I can just imabine Jake White howling in SARU's ear if the likes of Arendse or Moodie are retained while Fourie is available for the Stormers.

Latest posts