• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The top 10 Highest paid Rugby Players in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it February already? You can literally set your watch by the NZ posters giving out about every other 'inferior' rugby competition in the world.

If you weren't on your anti-NZ member crusade, you'd see that is yet again one poster..

Looking at your join date, February certainly does seem to be the start of things getting worse..

If you weren't on your anti-NZ member crusade, you'd see that is yet again one poster..

You can call it a Crusade if you want, but it's not one poster is it mate? And i'm not the only person who has flagged this constant putting down of NH rugby by NZ posters up.

Last edited:
You can call it a Crusade if you want, but it's not one poster is it mate? And i'm not the only person who has flagged this constant putting down of NH rugby by NZ posters up.

Yet, you do exactly the same of SH rugby, for example:

Yep, unlike Super 15 which is exclusively populated with under 21' isn't it? lol!.

You Sir, are also then greatly misinformed!!

Nope, there are plenty of members who are supremely defensive about the quality of NH rugby. There are plenty of members who have referred to SR as basketball with no defense. It doesn't require your level of ****iness. You constantly extrapolate any individuals opinion to that of an entire nations opinion, and then have the audacity to call others a troll. You seem to be unable to differentiate the opinions of an individual to that of an entire nation of people. Whats funny is that there are plenty of NZ posters who may have contradicted Jones Boy - but decide 'meh, gn10 is a prat. I'm staying out of it'.

Yet, you do exactly the same of SH rugby, for example:

You Sir, are also then greatly misinformed!!

So what exactly am i misinformed about? Are you saying Super 15 is only played by young players?

Because if you actually read my post it's pretty clear that it is in no way putting S15 down, but merely pointing out that jones is misinformed to say that old guys only play top 14 - there are plenty of 30 year old players still tearing it up in the Super 15

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, there are plenty of members who are supremely defensive about the quality of NH rugby. There are plenty of members who have referred to SR as basketball with no defense. It doesn't require your level of ****iness. You constantly extrapolate any individuals opinion to that of an entire nations opinion, and then have the audacity to call others a troll. You seem to be unable to differentiate the opinions of an individual to that of an entire nation of people. Whats funny is that there are plenty of NZ posters who may have contradicted Jones Boy - but decide 'meh, gn10 is a prat. I'm staying out of it'.

lol! look at you making it all personal because you got called out on your comments elsewhere. :rolleyes:

Are you honestly saying that a comment like:
French club rugby just isn't that good.
The standard isn't that high... and when you have clubs with cheque books the size of Toulon and co. you end up with ex top tier southern hemisphere players riding on the pigs back and good luck to them.

isn't idle trolling?

So what exactly am i misinformed about? Are you saying Super 15 is only played by young players?

Because if you actually read my post it's pretty clear that it is in no way putting S15 down, but merely pointing out that jones is misinformed to say that old guys only play top 14 - there are plenty of 30 year old players still tearing it up in the Super 15

- - - Updated - - -

lol! look at you making it all personal because you got called out on your comments elsewhere. :rolleyes:

isn't idle trolling?

You make it sound like the Super Rugby is only being played by youngsters. When in fact It's very difficult for the youngsters to make the step up to the senior squads because of the fierce competition. Most youngsters eventually end up going to France, because they couldn't make the cut for Super Rugby. Most recent example is Ulrich Beyers, who signed for Bordeaux from the Bulls...

isn't idle trolling?

Nope, it is trolling. I'm saying Jones Boy isn't 'New Zealand posters' - and to generalize as such makes you a prat.

I'm making it personal in the sense I am addressing one poster. If I said "English posters were prats'' I would in fact be an idiot. Are you starting to see my point?

You make it sound like the Super Rugby is only being played by youngsters. When in fact It's very difficult for the youngsters to make the step up to the senior squads because of the fierce competition. Most youngsters eventually end up going to France, because they couldn't make the cut for Super Rugby. Most recent example is Ulrich Beyers, who signed for Bordeaux from the Bulls...

GN10 was in fact being facetious with his U21 remarks. He realizes there are many older players in Super Rugby, which was his point. Although on average, I'd imagine the age of squad members was higher on average in the Top 14 - and certainly the average age of expats would be considerably higher..

Last edited:

I'm saying the complete opposite.

***mind blown***

Nope, it is trolling. I'm saying Jones Boy isn't 'New Zealand posters' - and to generalize as such makes you a prat.

I'm making it personal in the sense I am addressing one poster. If I said "English posters were prats'' I would in fact be an idiot. Are you starting to see my point?

it's not even remotely the same point. I'm making an observation about NZ posters continually putting down NH rugby generally on here you're making a series of personal attacks (again) and hiding behind a generalisation to jsutify yourself.

Next time, maybe you should insert the sarcasm font...

did the question mark and lol! not give it away? :)

it's not even remotely the same point. I'm making an observation about NZ posters continually putting down NH rugby generally on here you're making a series of personal attacks (again) and hiding behind a generalisation to jsutify yourself.

But how many NZ posters are continually putting down NH rugby??

If I look at guys like Nick, Darwin, Shaggy, Kapo O Pango, to name a few, they hardly ever say anything bad about NH rugby.

In all honesty, the SH-based posters will always be biased towards the NH, and vice versa. But in GENERAL I think the SH guys are mostly not putting down the NH.

did the question mark and lol! not give it away? :)

Nope... It just let me think you are a prat

hiding behind a generalisation to jsutify yourself.

Huh? I'm not hiding behind anything to justify myself (to whom?). I didn't make any generalisations. I made a comment on a specific member based on how I believe he behaves - in relation to their posts. Had you done the same with Jones Boy, I would have avoided posting in this god forsaken thread again. Making observations on a group of people is a great way to make a group of people think you're a prat. Making observations on groups based on isolated behavior - at best makes you ignorant and at worst makes you bigoted.

Huh? I'm not hiding behind anything to justify myself (to whom?). I didn't make any generalisations. I made a comment on a specific member based on how I believe he behaves - in relation to their posts. Had you done the same with Jones Boy, I would have avoided posting in this god forsaken thread again. Making observations on a group of people is a great way to make a group of people think you're a prat. Making observations on groups based on isolated behavior - at best makes you ignorant and at worst makes you bigoted.

*gives up*

- - - Updated - - -

In all honesty, the SH-based posters will always be biased towards the NH, and vice versa. But in GENERAL I think the SH guys are mostly not putting down the NH.

I never said SH posters, i said NZ posters as a generalisation - seems to have cut a bit too close to home for some people.

Nope... It just let me think you are a prat

Why the personal insults? I've not criticised Super Rugby nor South African Rugby nor SH or you, so why the petty insults?

Lets reverse the current...
How many top tier northern hemisphere players depart from their lofty positions as leaders of their respective countries teams and then reside to an easier earner in the Super 14?
Yeah ok the money isn't there like it is in France or England, but I don't see any of them looking for a cruise ride to a handsome pension scheme.
It's not rocket science.
The top 14 is littered with southern hemisphere international retirees...
This is not too say that NH players cannot hack the S14, because they can, it's just that with the big dollars on offer the Top 14 is an easier ride with a lot a LOT less travelling involved.

How many top tier northern hemisphere players depart from their lofty positions as leaders of their respective countries teams and then reside to an easier earner in the Super 14?
Yeah ok the money isn't there like it is in France or England, but I don't see any of them looking for a cruise ride to a handsome pension scheme.
It's not rocket science.
This is not too say that NH players cannot hack the S14, because they can, it's just that with the big dollars on offer the Top 14 is an easier ride with a lot a LOT less travelling involved.

Turn it in now - it's a completely pointless comparison.

The super 15 is pretty much a closed market adminstered by the respective unions so there simply aren't the opportunities to go from NH to super rugby in the same way there is from Super Rugby to NH rugby for people who are not qualified for their respective unions nations.

nice try though.

It's not rocket science.

What a remarkably dumb comment.

It's not rocket science.
goode_597492.jpg

Best Player ever to play in the Southern Hemisphere. Your argument is poo poo'd

Looking at your join date, February certainly does seem to be the start of things getting worse..

Yea he did the same thing to me page 2 of this thread he seems to have a inferiority complex.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

It's not rocket science.
Bro you do realise it's super 15 now don't you.?

Yea he did the same thing to me page 2 of this thread he seems to have a inferiority complex.

Yeah, right after you started criticising the Top 14.....and proclaiming the Super 15 as the best in the world.

No inferiority complex, just pointing out the kiwi posters on here are continually negative about other rugby competitions and the players & coaches involved.

Last edited:
Yeah, right after you started criticising the Top 14.....and proclaiming the Super 15 as the best in the world.

No inferiority complex, just pointing out the kiwi posters on here are continually negative about other rugby competitions and the players & coaches involved.

Show me where I criticised the top 14, talking out of your arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts