The TRF Rugby Quiz Thread

Discussion in 'The Clubhouse Bar' started by Fa'atau82, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Fa'atau82

Fa'atau82 Guest

Faatau82's TRF Rugby Quiz: Part 1

1. How many tries has Jonah Lomu scored in his Rugby World Cup career?

2. The IRB has 6 regional associations, but what are initials of the 'North America and West Indies' association?

3. Other than Munster, which is the only other Irish team to reach and win the Heineken Cup Final?

4. How many times have Samoa and Fiji reached the quarter-final of the Rugby World Cup?

5. If a team has 11 pts in a game, how did they score their points?

6. In Super 14, which two players hold the record for the most tries (15) in a season?

7. Who is the only Argentinian inducted into the International Rugby Hall of Fame?

8. If the 'Lelos' were playing 'Los Teros' which two international rugby teams would be playing?

9. In what season did Bath RFC last win the English Premiership?

10. Where are the international headquarters of the IRB?

Name the technique/skill

1. The ball is punted high into the air onto, or behind the defending team.

2. In a particularly aggressive game, a number is called by the captain of a team who's players immediately react and cause a fight with the nearest opponent.

3. The ball carrier has runs at pace into the opponents defence to commit as many defenders as possible to stop him and then look for an off-load pass to a teammate.

4. The ball carrier is touched on the ankle or foot by a 'tackler' in order to make him fall or stumble.

5. The phase when the number 8 carries the ball direct from a scrum and then transfers to the scrum-half.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

I did my best. :unsure:

4. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Oh, if we're doing that...

5. Fa'atau82

Fa'atau82 Guest

Some good answers, but still plenty left to find.

There is a mistake on Q7, as Mite points out, it is International Rugby Hall of Fame, not IRB. It's been edited now.

6. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

7. Fa'atau82

Fa'atau82 Guest

Pretty good efforts so far. The idea of this thread is that other people post quizzes too, so this one might last a while if anyone digs it.

I'll let a few more people guess then give out the answers. Do you like the quiz? Is it too hard? Although i guess i could have asked much harder questions like, how many times have opponents got lomu's balls in their face attempting a tackle haha

8. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

How about a rule that after 10 answers, the answers are given out and then the users get a rating/ranking out of ten for that round. Doesn't have to be official, but atleast have a winner.

9. Fa'atau82

Fa'atau82 Guest

Yeh good idea Steve-o, les' say 5 for the moment, and if i get more than 5 i'll take it up to ten. then grade everyone, but please try to answer all the questions.. you cant lose anything for a wrong answer.

10. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Right...

1. Would it be safe for St.Helens_RLFC to be stuck in a lift with Jamie Lyon whilst delivering a shipment of lube?

2. How many times has Prestwick gone to Vicarage Road with his fez on his head only to discover Watford FC are playing?

3. As we’ve never seen them in the same room at the same time, are Saintsfan_Webby and Sebastian Swiensteiger really the same person?

4. How many times has Teh Mite thrown abuse at Jonny Wilkinson from the terraces?

5. How many times has Teh Mite thrown abuse at Ian Balshaw from the terraces?

6. How many times has Teh Mite thrown abuse at any non-Northampton player from the terraces?

7. Isgetofmeland really that tall?

8. Am I highlighting the wrong words?

9. Is TRF the best website on the whole internet or only better then all the others?

10. Did you enjoy this quiz?

Something like that?

11. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

How many did I get right? ^_^

12. Fa'atau82

Fa'atau82 Guest

1. Would it be safe for St.Helens_RLFC to be stuck in a lift with Jamie Lyon whilst delivering a shipment of lube? I have no idea.

2. How many times has Prestwick gone to Vicarage Road with his fez on his head only to discover Watford FC are playing? Everytime baby!

3. As we’ve never seen them in the same room at the same time, are Saintsfan_Webby and Sebastian Swiensteiger really the same person?
    No. Don't be silly.

4. How many times has Teh Mite thrown abuse at Jonny Wilkinson from the terraces? infinity +1

5. How many times has Teh Mite thrown abuse at Ian Balshaw from the terraces? None. In reality, we forgot he existed because he's a dick.

6. How many times has Teh Mite thrown abuse at any non-Northampton player from the terraces? Infinity +2

7. Isgetofmeland really that tall? Yes. Compared to an ameoba.

8. Am I highlighting the wrong words? Only if you are n00b.

9. Is TRF the best website on the whole internet or only better then all the others? yes, indubitably

10. Did you enjoy this quiz? No, it was the matt dunning of quizzes.

13. Jer1cho

Jer1cho Guest

Holy crap this made me ROFL. Made my **** day worth having. Rep for you you bloody funny man.

14. Fa'atau82

Fa'atau82 Guest

Jer1cho.. you are easily pleased. haha

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!