• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The TRF soundtrack

B

Bullitt

Guest
Heard a new band that you think is pretty good? Claim that album you bought on thursday was brilliant? Don't sit there in silence and tell us all about it!

My latest discovery is Dashboard Confidential, thanks to Tom of MySpace pimping it out.

Dashboard Confidential

A very good act in my opinon, "Don't Wait" is a class act and the rest of the new album is worth every penny.

Check it out.
Live video of "Don't Wait" here
 
G

gjohn85

Guest
My recomondation this weeks girls & boys is Demon Hunter.

If you rock/metal with kickass vocals & backing vocals, then check these guys out.....

Undying Video

Their newest album is my favourite album, 'The Triptych'. The song, 'Undying' is from this album & is a wicked single.

That is all I am gonna say, so I you like, go out & buy this album, if you don't......you know what to do.
:bana:
 
D

dobrien7

Guest
Originally posted by gjohn85@Jul 3 2006, 10:46 AM
My recomondation this weeks girls & boys is Demon Hunter.

If you rock/metal with kickass vocals & backing vocals, then check these guys out.....

Undying Video

Their newest album is my favourite album, 'The Triptych'. The song, 'Undying' is from this album & is a wicked single.

That is all I am gonna say, so I you like, go out & buy this album, if you don't......you know what to do.
:bana:
Can highly recommend this one, picked them up from Gjohn posting it in the what are you listening to thread, and thoroughly pleased with the results.

Celldweller another good one too, cheers Gjohn :bravo: :cheers:
 
S

Saint N Sinner

Guest
I recently acquired Avenged Sevenfold's new album..

Two of the tracks off the album can be found here.
 
S

sambãd5

Guest
dont mention emos and rocking out in the same sentance. ever.

chris brown > emos
 
M

Mr. Laxative

Guest
absolutely!!! no offence to emos, but please............ have they ever heard of queen or ac/dc or kiss or any of the bands (some of them) mentioned above - get into it and you'll be happier for it guys......
 
S

Serge

Guest
Originally posted by Jacko@Jul 4 2006, 11:14 PM
absolutely!!! no offence to emos, but please............ have they ever heard of queen or ac/dc or kiss or any of the bands (some of them) mentioned above - get into it and you'll be happier for it guys......
why is it that a lot of people can't let go of the past? There is heaps of good music being made today. Sure the classics were great, but there is plenty of other great stuff out there and it is rash generalisations that make people think music such as 'emo' suck.
 
B

Bullitt

Guest
Originally posted by Serge+Jul 4 2006, 01:36 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Jacko
@Jul 4 2006, 11:14 PM
absolutely!!! no offence to emos, but please............ have they ever heard of queen or ac/dc or kiss or any of the bands (some of them) mentioned above - get into it and you'll be happier for it guys......
why is it that a lot of people can't let go of the past? There is heaps of good music being made today. Sure the classics were great, but there is plenty of other great stuff out there and it is rash generalisations that make people think music such as 'emo' suck. [/b]
No, it's the fact that Panic at the Disco and all the other shitty emo bands exist that people think emo sucks balls.
 
E

edinburgh_gunner

Guest
I bought the new Underoath album and it is the sex. I also really like Atreyu and Dragonforce at the moment. I got the older Thrice album, the artist in the ambulance, and it rules also. Basically I'm into a whole bunch of music right now.
 
E

edinburgh_gunner

Guest
Originally posted by Teh Mite+Jul 4 2006, 05:31 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 4 2006, 01:36 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Jacko
@Jul 4 2006, 11:14 PM
absolutely!!! no offence to emos, but please............ have they ever heard of queen or ac/dc or kiss or any of the bands (some of them) mentioned above - get into it and you'll be happier for it guys......

why is it that a lot of people can't let go of the past? There is heaps of good music being made today. Sure the classics were great, but there is plenty of other great stuff out there and it is rash generalisations that make people think music such as 'emo' suck.
No, it's the fact that Panic at the Disco and all the other shitty emo bands exist that people think emo sucks balls. [/b]
A streak of yellow pish > Pannic at the disco (my girlfriend asked me to go see them with her in Glasgow a while ago............aye right hen).


Though some 'emo' bands are OK. I really like Motion City Soundtrack, but they're more upbeat and a bit happier. I've seen them live and they are really energetic on stage and it rubs off on the crowd.
 
S

Saint N Sinner

Guest
I have their, album it isn't all that bad but I've moved on from them...

You probably would turn your noses in disguist at what I'm listening to right now...
 
S

Serge

Guest
Some good Alt. Rock bands That I've been into recently are:

Edgewater - They are alt. rock and hard rock. Their newest album 'We're not Robots is freaking awesome. Try them here:

http://www.myspace.com/edgewater

Armchair Cynics - released a 7 track Ep last year that had some great songs on it and I have no idea how they didn't get more mainstream play time. Listen to 'bang' and 'coalmine'.

http://www.armchaircynics.com/multi.php

Institute - released thier debut album distort yourself at the end of last year. It has a grunge ish sound. Features the lead singer from Bush and Guitarist from Helmet.

http://www.bulletproofskin.com/media.php
(Go down to 'bulletproof skin' and 'when animals attack'.


For the fans of Demon Hunter you guys should try:

American Headcharge
http://www.myspace.com/americanheadcharge

Media Lab
http://www.purevolume.com/medialab

And heres one for Ben. Its similar to BFMV without the emoness.

Silent Civilian
http://www.purevolume.com/silentcivilian

If anyone wants to hear more music from these artists, send me a pm.
 
D

DC

Guest
avenged sevenfold is quite good

about time ben starts listening to me

anyhow those arent the two best songs on the cd

burn it down, blinded in chains, bat country are 3 more great songs..
 
Top