• Total voters

Jer1cho

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
Love them? Or hate them? Personally, i hate them. I like to hear crowds singing and cheering! Not a constant drone where nothing else is audible. It's fine every now and then, but seriously, it drowns everything and destroys the atmosphere in my opinion. Pity Fifa couldn't ban them from the tournament...

Yup. These things:

r

I htink you won't hear them after the SA fais to make it out of the pool stage...

Those bloody things are the scurge of any sports event, especially as there's always someone who blows the damn things in your ear.

Sarries brought them en-mass for the challenge cup semi last year with some ideas of generating some noise... We soon put pay to that idea by singing and shouting over the top of them.

I htink you won't hear them after the SA fais to make it out of the pool stage...

I think we might surprise a few people. Don't be too surprised if France are the ones that crash out... Never underestimate home ground advantage!

I think we might surprise a few people. Don't be too surprised if France are the ones that crash out... Never underestimate home ground advantage!

I couldn't be happier if France crash out, I don't really give a **** about football tbh. And the french players are all a bunch of prima donna-***** anyway...

well regardless of when South Africa go out and it should more than likely be the group stages, that won't mean an end to the vuvuzela, they were a constant presence throughout the Confederations Cup last year regardless of whether the South Africans were playing. It really is going to spoil a big majority of people's enjoyment of the world cup, it certainly did for the Confederations Cup. How anyone can defend a constant din as being inherent to an African World Cup is beyond me.

Just look at facebook, Ban the vuvuzela - 3000+ members, Save the vuvuzela 300+ members.

Haha tell us how you really feel Charles!

I hate the bloody horns. One or two is alright though but gathered they are an enormous din and terrible.

Horns spoil watching the game in my opinion. Should ban them.

I find them slightly annoying on TV, so they must be maddening in person, in the stadium

Yeah, I don't mind clappers, I don't mind cheering, I don't mind singing, whisteling or mexican waves...but those horns were just air polution.

Lucas Radabe has just demonstrated one of these on ITV just now ... they are horrid.

I ******* hate Mexican Waves. An amusement used by children who are bored of the match they're supposedly paying to watch.

The Vuvuzela is the equivilant of watching football with the sound from the Formula 1 coverage. When I went to see Swindon play in the play off final the other day there were a few kids with them and it was painful then so with a whole stadium full it must be like ear rape.

One of the things that irritates me about the vuvuzela is that it's just to make unadulterated, aimless noise. Can anybody say they got quieter when Mexico equalized?

"Yay, It's the kick-off! BBBRRRZZZ!"

"Yay, we scored! BBBBRRRRRRRZZZZUUUU!!!"

"Oh no! They've just equalized. Come on guys, our team needs us more than ever!. BBBRRRRRRRZZZZZZZUUUUHHH!!!"

Nothing, nothing beats the noise a crowd makes when their team scores or wins in a tense situation. When I watch a vid of a situation like that I'll easily play the scoring bit 5 times just to get some of that crowds energy, gives me goosebumps.

One of the things that irritates me about the vuvuzela is that it's just to make unadulterated, aimless noise. Can anybody say they got quieter when Mexico equalized?

"Yay, It's the kick-off! BBBRRRZZZ!"

"Yay, we scored! BBBBRRRRRRRZZZZUUUU!!!"

"Oh no! They've just equalized. Come on guys, our team needs us more than ever!. BBBRRRRRRRZZZZZZZUUUUHHH!!!"

Nothing, nothing beats the noise a crowd makes when their team scores or wins in a tense situation. When I watch a vid of a situation like that I'll easily play the scoring bit 5 times just to get some of that crowds energy, gives me goosebumps.

Your point is so well made there, apologists have been making the case that they don't want a generic world cup atmosphere, yet that is exactly what you get with the vuvuzela, it's just relentless, whether a team has scored, conceded or there's a lull in play, the din of the killer bees goes on.

You could not even here the Mexican's chanting last night.

Latest posts