• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The wacky world of iRB rankings.

P

Prestwick

The latest rankings.

Well, despite two defeats in a row, France are such ninjas that they're not even listed on the iRB rankings! Other ninja jedi's that have mastered nirvana and have levetated out of sight of the iRB's rankings bot include Canada and Italy!

This thus leaves Ireland in 2nd place, with Argentina snapping at South Africa and Australia's heels, thus statistically representing how Rugby has been turned on it's head in the last three or four years!

The RFU obviously have bought the iRB a fleet of Bentleys and Aston Martins as they somehow stay above Wales and Scotland in the rankings.

Yeah, but the IRB work their table with points.
If you're consistently good, consistently beating teams that are higher up than you in the rankings then you'll get more points thus climbing the table.
The 6 nations saw us only beating scotland, drawing with Italy and losing to everyone else.
We drew with Australia and beat 2nd tier international teams...beating teams way lower than you doesn't give you many points.

If we're better than the 3 countries you mentioned then we'll get the chance to prove that come february time and we can climb back up the table again.

<div class='quotemain'>
well be number one this time next year.
[/b]

Only if the Welsh squad decide to combine with Girls Aloud to release a single.
[/b][/quote]

Oh, that would be SO COOL!

The latest rankings.

Well, despite two defeats in a row, France are such ninjas that they're not even listed on the iRB rankings! Other ninja jedi's that have mastered nirvana and have levetated out of sight of the iRB's rankings bot include Canada and Italy!

This thus leaves Ireland in 2nd place, with Argentina snapping at South Africa and Australia's heels, thus statistically representing how Rugby has been turned on it's head in the last three or four years!

The RFU obviously have bought the iRB a fleet of Bentleys and Aston Martins as they somehow stay above Wales and Scotland in the rankings. [/b]

Been updated now, here's the current top 10;

1) NZ
2) France
3) Ireland
4) Aussies
5) SA
6) Argies
7) England
8) Scotland
9) Wales
10) Samoa

The ranking system makes perfect sense IMO- the only way to improve your ranking, is to win against sides higher ranked than yourself- and then preferrably away from home, as there is a 3-point home advantage segment built into the rankings. Teams pick up very few, if any, points for victories over tier 2 and 3 teams- if you are 15 points clear of your opposition on the table, you do not pick up any ranking points for a victory- but stand to lose a chunk of points if you lose!

The only way to climb the rankings, is to consistently win matches against top-class opposition, whereas a couple of defeats will see you sliding down at a rapid rate.

Okay the iRB rankings make no sense. If Canada loses to Italy on the weekend they drop to 14th in the world rankings behind the US. That's bullshit. First off the US isn't even touring this year, how do they deserve to move up when they don't even play? Secondly Canada is on a 4 game win streak against the US. That's failing to mention the fact that they've dominated them in the their last two appearances. One of the games was 56-7 and the other was a complete dominance at the Churchill cup where they dominated every facet of play. Can you justify them moving up? NO. It's BS, complete BS.

Yeah, but there Canadian, so they're at a natural disadvantage, right? ...or I mean, eh?

Hey lay off my fellow Commonwealth Brother!

When he sits down to watch a game of Rugby in his house, he sits on a Chesterfield, not a couch, not a Settee, not a sofa; but a Chesterfield.

The Canadians come up with all the decent words, and pronounce them properly too. Probabbly the top Commonwealth nation I'd say!

Hey lay off my fellow Commonwealth Brother!

When he sits down to watch a game of Rugby in his house, he sits on a Chesterfield, not a couch, not a Settee, not a sofa; but a Chesterfield.

The Canadians come up with all the decent words, and pronounce them properly too. Probabbly the top Commonwealth nation I'd say!
[/b]

A commonwealth nation that has the yanks as neighbours, is that a good thing? :p
Meh, its better than who we ended up with haha...

no seriously them ockers across the ditch aint half as bad as we think they are, infact there wouldnt be any other country in the world we'd rather have as a neighbour than those bloody australians. Mate!

Why is Dan Carter chasing a floating Webb Ellis cup with a light saber? o_o; Thats not how you play rugby!!!!!!!11

I think my Scottish friend summerised Australia as thus.

"The worst of England, Ireland and America merged into one, awful nation."

I personally disagree about that, I've met plenty of awesome Aussies so I think he was generalising just a wee bit haha...

...don't lynch me.

HAHAHA, yeh we ain't too bad...

technically your scottish mate was almost correct, i mean all the commonwealth crims were sent here as punishment and our government is against gay marrige but doesnt mind sleeping with george w...

(And only 1 in 20 of our international players are on crack...)

Why is Dan Carter chasing a floating Webb Ellis cup with a light saber? o_o; Thats not how you play rugby!!!!!!!11
[/b]

hmm great sig - dont mind if i toot my own horn lol
it personifies my interpretation of the ABs never-ending quest for rugby unions ultimate glory...with the help of master yoda ofcourse :p

Latest posts