• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Theft and general buggery

:D

A few swift changes and I have forwarded this on to the French on behalf of British Rugby...

well when you return our world cup we will stop...

also stop marrying our women

I'm really bummed about Schalk Brits and Francois Steyn. Brits is the most exciting hooker in world rugby. He has the pace of a flanker, the skills of a fullback, and he is such a play maker. Steyn is a god. **** all of you who think otherwise.

Still, i reckon Steyn will only be there for one or two seasons... Jacques Fourie and JdV will be massive MASSIVE losses.

Sorry, they weren't stolen H'officer.

I'll think you'll find me'lud that they, being the cheep whores they are, left the under-developed and watered down for the glitz and glamour of the real competitions. The sheer beauty and magnificence of the Northern hemisphere is far too irresistible. After all, the bright and the beautiful stick together.

NH - The Future
SH - 1987

Why is Frans Steyn going to Racing Metro?! :huh: Isn't he like only 21? Might screw up his Springbok Career a bit. Or have South Africa changed their policy on overseas players again?

And hey! don't look at the Welsh, we only buy unknown/under-rated one's (so the one's you don't want :p ) unless we're rich - so basically the Ospreys.

Unfortunately *****ing and moaning doesn't help ****. It's sad but hey, what can you do?
Thing is we in the SH are THAT good. Our NH chums are gizzing their pants at the thought of the likes of Frans Steyn playing for them. Isn't he gonna be the most highly paid player or something?

Anyway concern is that the Currie Cup becomes weak.

We can literally name a competitive SA team to play in the 6N from all the players there. Imagine facing a frontrow of CJ van der Linde, Gary Botha and BJ Botha, with Daan Human as a sub. Imagine the battle for the no.8 jersey between Joe van Niekerk and Shawn Sowerby. Terrifying!

And the RFU is in a state because, what, 5 English player are plying their trade across the channel, a bus trip away. Pah!

We'll just have to wait till we completely take over the Saracens before our interests will be attended to as well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ May 20 2009, 03:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I'll think you'll find me'lud that they, being the cheep whores they are, left the under-developed and watered down for the glitz and glamour of the real competitions. The sheer beauty and magnificence of the Northern hemisphere is far too irresistible. After all, the bright and the beautiful stick together.

NH - The Future
SH - 1987[/b]

Yes, mud wrestling in the rain is surprisingly appealing to skilled SH backline players. I bet half of you detest the English Premiership and its Abramovich-like shenanigans, and now you're turning Rugby into the same damn thing! Oh well, when England don't qualify for the World Cup, I will soil myself laughing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KZNSharksFan @ May 20 2009, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ May 20 2009, 03:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NH - The Future
SH - 1987[/b]

Yes, mud wrestling in the rain is surprisingly appealing to skilled SH backline players.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, because that's what our game is really like. I can see you bother to watch some of it. If anything, the NH game is a good thing for the SH players... Some of them may even learn how to tackle (a skill in the Super 14 on about the same par as Super League/AFL - non existent).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I bet half of you detest the English Premiership and its Abramovich-like shenanigans, and now you're turning Rugby into the same damn thing! Oh well, when England don't qualify for the World Cup, I will soil myself laughing.[/b]

2 things;
1. England will always be in the World cup. As will all home nations, the tri nations and France. The sport isn't big enough to ditch any of them.
2. If my club was winning a competitive and interesting league, I wouldn't give a toss if England rugby gave up completely. Or for that matter, international rugby itself.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ May 19 2009, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

NH - The Future
SH - 1987[/b]

facepalm.jpg

Teh Mite you are such a **** stirrer. We need the NH just as much as you need the SH. 2 Different brands of rugby make this game even better. Stop trying to point out some stupid statements about club being better than international, or that we need to learn to tackle. Even with all of our negative aspects we still always ALWAYS kick your asses at every aspect of the game.

It's frustrating for us as South Africans, because if it's not the **** government trying to squash our 'white' sport, then it's a massive exoddus of our stars. It ****** us off, and we will ***** about it all the time, regardless of what you say or do. If we had the kind of cash your unions do, this wouldn't even be a debate.

Stop trying to twist nipples.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tommowins @ May 20 2009, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ May 20 2009, 01:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NH - The Future
SH - 1987[/b]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

NH - 2003
SH - 1987,1991,1995,1999,2007,2011,2015...
[/b][/quote]

1987 - Past
1991 - Past
1995 - past
1999 - Past
2003 - Past
2007 - Nearest to now;

All Blacks: Out in 1/4s
Australia: Out in 1/4s
England: **** but still further ahead of Oussie and ABs
Boks: Win a mismatched group game against England, Squeek past a still **** England in final
France: No chuffing clue about selection, still beat All Blacks despite McAlistairs try from a forward pass.
Argentina: Finish 3rd with a squad entirely based in the NH.

In the mean time:
Northampton Wanderers 23 - 3 Western Force - 23/8/2008
Northampton Wanderers 24 - 6 NSW Waratahs - 2/10/06

Ah, the SHs finest, spanked by academy players and reserves... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And finally:
2011 - Counting chickens are we?
2015 - Still counting chickens?

Face it, your powers are weak, old men.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ May 20 2009, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Teh Mite you are such a **** stirrer. We need the NH just as much as you need the SH. 2 Different brands of rugby make this game even better.[/b]

Damn right, but I'm pretty sure the original point made was "the NH are all ******* blah blah chip-on-my-shoulder blah...".

I think that means I'm not the only stirrer... Maybe the original point and 'witty' responses should have been worded better! ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ May 20 2009, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
In the mean time:

Ah, the SHs finest, spanked by academy players and reserves... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:[/b]

What? lol. Finest? Anyway, didn't the Stormers (finished 10th) whoop the Saracens? Same thing. You can't count it.

Granted, Aus and NZ choked in the World Cup. As for us squeeking past England, we were BY FAR the best team at that tournament, and would have beaten anyone on that day. England gave it their all. Anyone can beat anyone else on their day. look at how closely this years S14 was contested. With one round left, there was still 7 teams in with a shot at the play-off's.

The NH teams are good, and always will be. As for who would win between the best of NH vs the best of SH, no one knows. Internationally, it's a massacre, club wise, dunno and don't care.

All i know is both are very enjoyable tournaments, but are very different at the same time. You like Formula One, i like Rally. Potato, Potaaaaaato!

The Force suck... (No offense to force supporters)

Not a representation of SH rugby. All they have is Giteau and Mitchell but he doesn't even make the wallabies.

Quote(Teh Mite)

1987 - Past
1991 - Past
1995 - past
1999 - Past
2003 - Past
2007 - Nearest to now;

All Blacks: Out in 1/4s
Australia: Out in 1/4s
England: **** but still further ahead of Oussie and ABs
Boks: Win a mismatched group game against England, Squeek past a still **** England in final
France: No chuffing clue about selection, still beat All Blacks despite McAlistairs try from a forward pass.
Argentina: Finish 3rd with a squad entirely based in the NH.

(End Quote)

World cups never acurately depict the balance of national rugby power and if this isn't clear to you then you shouldn't blast your poorly thought-through points of view across the internet. Blaming the national sides woes on selection is getting old, just like your annoying, incessant rants about the "superiority" of the English club scene, why do you think so many SH posters feel they have to set people like you straight?

Quote(Teh Mite)

In the mean time:

Ah, the SHs finest, spanked by academy players and reserves... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

(End Quote)

Again, you show all the intelligence of a four year old by basing the calibre of a team on pre and post season games against weakened opposition.
Anyway, this is not what I was originally alluding to. You can argue all you like about the superiority of your clubs but frankly, people down here don't care, this is because we know you're wrong and any one with an IQ above that of a grapefruit can see this.

Quote(Teh Mite)

Damn right, but I'm pretty sure the original point made was "the NH are all ******* blah blah chip-on-my-shoulder blah...".

I think that means I'm not the only stirrer... Maybe the original point and 'witty' responses should have been worded better! ;)

(End Quote)

The original point, as Jericho so easily surmised and eloquently expanded is that we hate you people stealing (and I will keep on calling it that) our players simply because you cannot produce equal talent at home and happen to have massive bank balances. As for the "chip" on my shoulder, maybe you should examine how you rant at people all the time from no position of authority or even with a proper basis to your arguments.

Do the players have no choice in being 'stolen' then?

If they want to secure their financial futures in a way which they cannot do in their home countries, at the same time experiencing rugby of a different style (no comment on better or worse), then it is just as much the players who you should blame, not the clubs allowing them to do so. It's not like we are bundling them into trucks and dragging them back up here against their will.

Blame English clubs all you want, but if players are moving exclusively for money and not for a new challenge then it says more about their own standards than those of our clubs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toup @ May 21 2009, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Do the players have no choice in being 'stolen' then?

If they want to secure their financial futures in a way which they cannot do in their home countries, at the same time experiencing rugby of a different style (no comment on better or worse), then it is just as much the players who you should blame, not the clubs allowing them to do so. It's not like we are bundling them into trucks and dragging them back up here against their will.

Blame English clubs all you want, but if players are moving exclusively for money and not for a new challenge then it says more about their own standards than those of our clubs.[/b]

Well that's unfair, obviously most people would want to earn more money and there are other challenges associated with European rugby. But there was never an exodus to the NH at the end of every season even 5 years ago, so clearly money is the major factor driving this annual movement.

It really ruins it for people down here when squads get decimated aver the course of a season or 2 by greedy clubs offering huge contracts to foreign players instead of developing better youth and development systems. The system itself is at fault (though the clubs certainly don't do us any favours) and we have to foot the bill in terms of quality of rugby, both provincial and national. Can you honestly say you would not be highly ****** off if roles were reversed?

I would eat poo for the next 2 years if i was offered the same amount of money as Franc Steyn. Point is, the clubs over there are so loaded, that they are the ones in control. It's distressing to see rugby turn into the EPL. In South Africa, club rugby is about representation. Over there, it's about money. How many Tigers players are ACTUALLY from Leicester? That's the point we are trying to make.

It sucks to see our home boys go away because the clubs over there are holding hooks with oodles of cash tied to them. Rugby is one of the biggest representative sports on the planet. We just wanna see it stay that way here. Unfortunately for us, we are a pretty poor country (especially with the government spending R 76 000 000 on an inauguration...). We can't compete with the kind of offers you guys are dishing out.

Latest posts