• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Things that **** me off

It could be that the National Anthem is God Save the Queen and the one they sing is just a sporting anthem really.

Now this REALLY ****** me off- the fkn Nazi dictatorship of a fkn company I work for.

We`re running a little short on our production targets, what with it being the annual wage increase strike season and all here in SA. So what brilliant plan does my boss, whom I affectionately call Hitler/Stalin/Lucifer, depending on the darkness of my mood, decide to do? Hmm, let`s see- run a full 12-hour shift on Saturday for all of us hard-working, non-striking employees. That means, as production manager, I`ll have to go in to work tomorrow morning(Saturday!), at 07h00, in order to get everything up and running for the 08h00 shift to start. Then, run the fkn shift, till 20h00, and finall, closing up shop, so to speak, meaning that I`ll only get to leave around 21h00. So much for watching any of the rugger tomorrow. Hopefully, the missus follows my instructions on taping the games.

I wonder when my company will start charging me fkn loyalty fees..........

Stink, part of the reason why I'm in our union at work, ultimately you're not valued by your employer, you're just another number.

New thing: Finding out my ex has a new bloke, when she said she wanted to be single as the reason that we spilt up, yet I'm still single... :angry:

I wonder when my company will start charging me fkn loyalty fees..........
[/b]
Makes me angry to read that.

I'd advise you to say, f*** 'em and all that, but life isn't so simple.

Pull a sicky at a crucial time and see how long it takes for your boss to ring up and plead for your return. If he doesn't ring, then you know you're not crucial and should start planning to move on. If he does ring, then put extreme demands in the expectation of negotiating sweet terms. Bosses rely on those rare people who matter - but they also get pleasure from mucking those people around.

As Basil Fawlty says, you've got to "kick some bottom". In the end, that makes you the boss - so you can muck around with other people's lives. Maybe become an RFU executive.

Well, I did say **** them all to my previous company, even after they promised me a 20% increase. But the sad reality of life as a married bloke, and father of 2 lovely kids, is that there`s a mortgage to be paid on the house, and mouths to feed at home. So a regular pay-check becomes pretty much indispensable.

So this will be my protest for today- I`m sitting right here in my office, using company money on internet charges, and I couldn`t be arsed about what`s happening on the production floor. If we move sufficient product, good- then I won`t have to come in next weekend. If we don`t- see if I give a rat`s arse! So this is what a (formerly) loyal employee feels like at 09h00 on a Saturday morning, after having spent a good 2 hours at work already.

Latest posts