This bloody weather

Saints1

Straight Edge
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
St Helens
It's incessant.

It's absolutely FREEZING here. I need to go and do some of my Christmas shopping but this pesky weather won't make it's mind up! Are you going to snow or not?

More importantly, when are you going to STOP snowing so a semblance of normality can be resumed?

I found my Xmas shopping very easy this year: Bought it all in Sainsburys or asked her to do it! :lol:

What I need this year is a bit more exotic than a supermarket's wares.

In that case, go to Waitrose instead of Tescos! ;P

I still haven't grown out of loving snow! We've got over a foot here now, and there's more forecast. Was -5 celcius earlier when I went up to visit my girlfriend in hospital. I may not still go out and play, although that's mainly due to heavy uni workload, but snow is just fun! I've quite enjoyed going for little spins in the car, kicking the tail out when there's no-one around (nice to finally have a rear wheel drive car for that).

I still haven't grown out of loving snow! We've got over a foot here now, and there's more forecast. Was -5 celcius earlier when I went up to visit my girlfriend in hospital. I may not still go out and play, although that's mainly due to heavy uni workload, but snow is just fun! I've quite enjoyed going for little spins in the car, kicking the tail out when there's no-one around (nice to finally have a rear wheel drive car for that).

Like the guy on the road by the rear car park of Cardiff Central, went to overtake us then undertake the guy in front, lost it and sooo nearly rear ended into the flats. Luckily no car was coming the other way. Fought temptation to lean out of window yelling "STACKED IT!!!"

Like the guy on the road by the rear car park of Cardiff Central, went to overtake us then undertake the guy in front, lost it and sooo nearly rear ended into the flats. Luckily no car was coming the other way. Fought temptation to lean out of window yelling "STACKED IT!!!"

Well not quite..... I did it late at night on a road with plenty of room either side, so if something did go wrong I wouldn't damage my car, and no-one was around, or even close. I also consider myself a good driver and know how to power slide properly (growing up on a farm with fields and old cars and quads tends to teach you those things).

In snow the thing to remember is not to touch the brakes if somethign goes atall wrong, just let off the throttle and counter steer a little (not too much, or you'll just flick the rear end the other way and spin for sure), then it'll easily sort itself out. These are rules to follow for all kinds of snow and icy driving conditions. Low revs, use the gears to slow down aswell as leaving plenty of room, and no paniking. Brakes should only be used very gently to fully come to a halt aften decelerating using the gears. Unfortunately not many people seem to know this, as I've seen plenty of cars pass my house sliding all over the place trying to drive like they would do in the summer.

It may hit 7 degrees in Brizzle this week. Pass me the factor 15 goddammit

yep, -1 does sound kinda tame... we've had heavy snow on the ground for almost 2 weeks now in edinburgh, the first week it snowed heavily every single day, this last week only a bit but the temperature hasn't been above -5 for a week either.

last thursday night i went to a club with no coat to avoid paying for cloakroom. went to a friend's afterwards, and did the 20 minute walk home when we left there at 4am. It was -15 and i froe my ******** off.

Still quite liking this weather. Propper winters are much better than the miserable cold but wet s**t we usually get. Was -7 all day here in Lincoln yesterday, but the temperature is slowly climbing, -2 here today and it's meant to hit +6 by the weekend! Apparantly more snow next week though, just hope it doesn't bugger up my journey home for Christmas.

Yeah next week is meant to be pretty ruthless as well.

It's incessant.

It's absolutely FREEZING here. I need to go and do some of my Christmas shopping but this pesky weather won't make it's mind up! Are you going to snow or not?

More importantly, when are you going to STOP snowing so a semblance of normality can be resumed?

Meteorologists say that weather is going to come in Georgia then, approximately in January :D

Sh**t I don't want Ice in streets :D but Trauma Surgeons and orthopedics surgeons are waiting for this weather with breath hold :D:D

Lads in Ireland can anyone tell me what weather is supposed to be like. I've heard rumours it'll be -20 possibly but not best at finding facts on weather. Like from next thursday on what is it like.

-20 will feel rather chilly if true. I know my parents were experiencing temperatures as low as -17 at night the past couple of weeks. They didn't get much snow though, so roads were still ok, apart from black ice.

The roads here in Lincoln are generally clear. But the back streets ae practically sheet ice of around 2 inches thick, as are most of the pavements. Makes walking about tricky, but the car seems to do ok, a bit of wheel spinning to get going and gotta be careful with the brakes, but I've had no problem.

Not sure if watching a drunk man walking down the street last night was funny or not. Spent most of his time on his back. Helped him up the first time, but I couldn't follow him constantly picking him up off the ground.

it's above freezing in edinburgh for the first time in ages! most of the snow has now melted off the rooves of the buildings across the street, though there's still a fair amount about. according to the met office, we're in for a barbeque time of it over the next few days, with highs of 4 and averaging out at ust under 3!

Latest posts