This is why we should never listen to Stuart Barnes again

Bada-Bing!

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Hong Kong
Club or Nation
British Irish Lions
http://www.skysports.com/watch/tv-s...nd-pat-sanderson-reveal-their-moments-of-2013

Stuart Barnes: 2013 is pretty obvious but I'm going to talk about 2015. I think 2013 is the year where we saw South Africa become the team who are going to win the World Cup in 2015. So for me it is the Springboks.

He chose SA as the team of 2013 because they showed they were going to be the team to win RWC. How wrong was he. Proof he is a sanctimonious prat who just likes the sound of his voice.

I thought SA would win this one before the rugby championship....

Getting a prediction wrong isn't a reason to never listen to someone again. There are far greater reasons why we shouldn't listen to Stuart Barnes.

Getting a prediction wrong isn't a reason to never listen to someone again. There are far greater reasons why we shouldn't listen to Stuart Barnes.

Agreed, it's not the prediction, it's more he didn't answer the original question and pretty much sums up what a sanctimonious prat he is. The question was who was the team of 2013?, He answered SA based on what he in his mind would happen in 2015. If he is going to be that superior in his opinion to everyone else, then he better be bang on right.

Well you're all sanctimonious prats then. Obviously.

I'd argue he did in fact answer the question. His team of the year was the Boks, as he considered that they showed that they were on course for 2015. Makes sense to me.

He wasn't in a position to know that Matfield, Kirchner, Pienaar et al would all get time to disrupt the guys that should've been there ITO game time and development.

He could also not have predicted that all of JdP, JdV, FdP, PSdT, Vermeulen, Alberts, Etzebeth, Malherbe, JPP would enter the tournament fresh of the back off injuries and left with varying time to get into wmatch fitness (other then maybe Etzebeth I'd say all of the others weren't all there). Alberts didn't get in at all actually. Kitshoff didn't even make the squad because of injury.

SA having a good shot was a fair prediction 2013 as we were on an upward curve and fit and one would've assumed continued development. Now we know better but it's as legit a prediction as any at the time.

Does anyone in England ever predict the All Blacks, or are they just predicted to choke every time to the likes of France?

Does anyone in England ever predict the All Blacks, or are they just predicted to choke every time to the likes of France?

I can't speak for England, but I think NZ are so bloody obvious as favourites that we'll cling to any alternative just to stay interested. For a couple of minutes the weekend before last, I was convinced that we could beat Argentina and reach the final. In Scudworld, we've never beaten NZ but nothing lasts forever, so we could well end up lifting the lot. Now, I still don't believe that was quite so wildy fantastic as some suggested (you'd think some would have learned from the Aussie close call, but hey-ho), but a betting man would never have a flutter on something like that. For what it's worth, I'm about to put the mockers on NZ fro the final. I think they can't lose, because the much hyped bag of ****e that is the Aussie front row, has been exposed twice in the last two weekends. Scott who? Sorry Kiwi, but that's probably just jinxed you.

Plus I predicted you to go out to SA not France. And I was one penalty of getting that right.

Plus I predicted you to go out to SA not France. And I was one penalty of getting that right.

The scoreline flattered them, they weren't in the game at all apart from our discipline letting them stay in it, so you were wrong.

The scoreline flattered them, they weren't in the game at all apart from our discipline letting them stay in it, so you were wrong.
Regardless of the reasons if you're 2 points behind at full-time you're in the game. As you pointed out you were poor in discipline. Do that at 79:30 in your own half and oh look SA are in the final.

Regardless of the reasons if you're 2 points behind at full-time you're in the game. As you pointed out you were poor in discipline. Do that at 79:30 in your own half and oh look SA are in the final.

That's nice, but you were still wrong and there was little reason to suggest SA could actually beat us, they were extremely blunt, even for my expectations.

Latest posts