• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

This volcanic ash business

Saints1

Straight Edge
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
St Helens
It's really digging it's heels in isn't it? Flights suspended in UK airspace until 7pm UK time tomorrow. Thousands of people are trapped abroad and the UK along with the vast majority of Europe has been a no fly zone since Wednesday evening.

Here's the story:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8628323.stm

I see the airlines are crying now. Unsurprising considering they are losing money hand over fist. They should listen to NATS. Better to be safe than sorry.

Its been building for the last 1000 years or so...

If you look back at the tectonic plate activity over the last year, its been at its highest level for at least the last century.

I think we need more than volcano insurance!

ITS THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT!!!

Its been building for the last 1000 years or so...

If you look back at the tectonic plate activity over the last year, its been at its highest level for at least the last century.

I think we need more than volcano insurance!

ITS THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT!!!

Enough from you Charlie, we want to hear from someone more paranoid!

can see a constant haze across the horizon today was pretty eirey it made the land look dead and dull ..seemed like we had gotton nuked haha..was fairly wierd

Last edited:
Oh it's clearly hanging around. Why people are saying it's safe to fly I have no idea.

i saw a small plane flying low only about 800 feet or that.. what is the problem with it though does it damage the engines ?

Well the airports are due to re-open tonight at 2200...

Is the crisis over?

I blame the cleaning lady at Saracens HQ for all this dust in the atmosphere. She must've been working in their trophy cabinet.

I blame the cleaning lady at Saracens HQ for all this dust in the atmosphere. She must've been working in their trophy cabinet.

Hahhahaha. Well done sir.

Hearing some horror stories here of Australian passengers stranded in Singapore and elsewhere and having to sleep on the airport floors!

As you probably know, Singapore serves as the stopover for flights from Australia to Europe, which accounts for the amount of stranded Aussies.

Do they allow campfires, swags and damper + vegemite in airport terminals? :D

mabye ill go take a look for you. i get what you mwnt by them being staed i thought you ment people who laned in sinagpore just after/ before the volciano thing i get you men the people going to Aus not Europe. knowing chagi tho they would proble get put in a hotle near by.

Last edited:
mabye ill go take a look for you. i get what you mwnt by them being staed i thought you ment people who laned in sinagpore just after/ before the volciano thing i get you men the people going to Aus not Europe. knowing chagi tho they would proble get put in a hotle near by.

whaa? and in english?

I think I read this morning that QANTAS has a backlog of 15000 passengers to clear, and will not sell any more tickets to anywhere in Europe until mid-May.

Latest posts