This weekend?

Dai Perk

Bench Player
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
Scotland
Hello, my friends,

This is my first season watching the Pro14. Seems like all the games this weekend are a bit shite, is that sort of a tradition the week before Six Nations gets underway? Appears to be a lot of JV squads being fielded...

Thanks everyone!

Dave

Hello, my friends,

This is my first season watching the Pro14. Seems like all the games this weekend are a bit shite, is that sort of a tradition the week before Six Nations gets underway? Appears to be a lot of JV squads being fielded...

Thanks everyone!

Dave

You're not wrong, it's been a terrible week of rugby. As I said in the other thread, the league is decimated by international windows. The vast majority of four squads are being taken from the league's player base, more than 100 players probably. Vastly reduced the standards of the league obviously. The Scots and the Italians feel it the worst as well because they only have two teams. It does help teams develop depth though in the long run.

That was the spin I imagined they'd give us, but it didn't seem particularly youthful or exciting this time around... :)