• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Thomas Woldrum signs with Leicester Tigers

N

Nickdnz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Long-serving New Zealand domestic No 8 Thomas Waldrom has reportedly signed to play for leading English club Leicester.

Hawke's Bay Today reported that Waldrom, 26, would leave for England at the end of his Super 14 season with the Crusaders, meaning he won't play a second season with Hawke's Bay in the national provincial championship.

Waldrom played 80 matches for Wellington before shifting to Hawke's Bay last year, while his Super rugby allegiances also switched last year, from the Hurricanes to the Crusaders. A regular bench player at the Hurricanes, the move south brought regular playing time for the burly loose forward, who produced a storming season for the Crusaders.

Hawke's Bay have recently lost two other key players to overseas contracts -- first five-eighth Matt Berquist (Japan) and forward George Naoupu (Ireland).

At least two other Crusaders will also depart after this season -- hooker Ti'i Paulo (France) and second five-eighth Tim Bateman (Japan).[/b]
http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/rugby/news/arti...signs-leicester

Good signing for Leinster as Thomas Woldrom really has deserved the black jersey by now. Talented player, wish he stayed till 2011 but he will do well at Leicester.

Do they really need him when they have Crane?
Just a bit worried this means they will have one or other sitting on the bench far too often, as they're both fantastic players...

i can sort-of vouch for this as the leicester mercury(local paper) seems to be putting a storys him frequently and i think we are signing him as when crane is on 6-nations duty we have no full-time number 8 just loads of flankers. also i dont think newbie is moving back down under [= :D

Good on him for making the choice to semi-retire to easy rugby up in the NH. Obviously he can't handle the intensity of super rugby no longer (as seen against Queensland last weekend) and maybe in 3 years time, he can walk himself into the England team.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Feb 21 2010, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Good on him for making the choice to semi-retire to easy rugby up in the NH. Obviously he can't handle the intensity of super rugby no longer (as seen against Queensland last weekend) and maybe in 3 years time, he can walk himself into the England team.[/b]

Ouch :lol:
Out of interest how much did you pay for your rod? Doesnt seem to be any good...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Feb 22 2010, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Feb 21 2010, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good on him for making the choice to semi-retire to easy rugby up in the NH. Obviously he can't handle the intensity of super rugby no longer (as seen against Queensland last weekend) and maybe in 3 years time, he can walk himself into the England team.[/b]

Out of interest how much did you pay for your rod? Doesnt seem to be any good...
[/b][/quote]

Who gave you permission to quote my posts?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Feb 22 2010, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Feb 22 2010, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Feb 21 2010, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Who gave you permission to quote my posts?

[/b][/quote]

Ahem, I think the real question here is who gave you permission to quote me quoting your post?!

Latest posts