• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Thoughts on purchasing RWC 2011

formerlyfastwing

Academy Player
Country Flag
Canada
Club or Nation
Canada
I live the middle of nowhere, when it comes to rugby. I am skeptical that a US or Canadian release will happen.

I would like some recommendations on websites, and reviews (good and bad) to purchase this game.

Cheers

I think you can count on it coming to Canada.... I am thinking this because HB is a Canadian Company and therefore they should know at least one distributer willing to move the product around North America.

I think you can count on it coming to Canada.... I am thinking this because HB is a Canadian Company and therefore they should know at least one distributer willing to move the product around North America.

dougy you have more faith than me....I hope you are right.

PS: where you at in canada?

Hi guys,

I've had a lot of questions around whether the game will be available in North America. While we'll have announcements coming up in the weeks and months ahead, what I will tell you is that North America is hugely important for the development of Rugby, especially this year, and we've seen from years past that the games we make are valuable development tools for the sport.

I've had people approach me in the past to say that they started playing Rugby at college after learning about the sport through our game.

It's an important year for Rugby in the States and in Canada so it's safe to say we'd like RWC 2011 to be a big part of it.

Stay tuned.

Hi guys,

I've had a lot of questions around whether the game will be available in North America. While we'll have announcements coming up in the weeks and months ahead, what I will tell you is that North America is hugely important for the development of Rugby, especially this year, and we've seen from years past that the games we make are valuable development tools for the sport.

I've had people approach me in the past to say that they started playing Rugby at college after learning about the sport through our game.

It's an important year for Rugby in the States and in Canada so it's safe to say we'd like RWC 2011 to be a big part of it.

Stay tuned.

oh...oh....ohhh....AHHHHH

View attachment 928

oh...oh....ohhh....AHHHHH

View attachment 928
tumblr_lib7cviH0K1qbhwb6.gif

Thanks for the response HB_AJ. This too is my #1 concern for us in NTSC land. I would love to bring in Rugby (League and Union), Cricket, Aussie Rules Football, WRC games... but most of them never arrive to North America... and with me being an Xbox 360 player, they're 99% of the time region locked. Be sure to consider digital distribution like Xbox Live (Arcade or Games on Demand) and PSN.

Formerlyfastwing, I am one of the many people that calls Toronto home, but I go to school in Halifax... Dalhousie Tigers all the way.

Considering HB are based in Canada (Nova Scotia), and 505 are publishing the game, I would like to say this will be published in America and Canada, also I expect it will be distributed to all countries in the Rugby World Cup!

As Alastair said, as soon as we have news to reveal about this we will be sure to let you all know. We get a lot of emails asking this very question so we know there is definite interest in our game in North America.

I personally am very excited that NBC in the US and TSN in Canada will both be carrying a lot of the games - even if it does mean getting up at 4 AM to watch them live :)

As Alastair said, as soon as we have news to reveal about this we will be sure to let you all know. We get a lot of emails asking this very question so we know there is definite interest in our game in North America.

I personally am very excited that NBC in the US and TSN in Canada will both be carrying a lot of the games - even if it does mean getting up at 4 AM to watch them live :)

cheers from the shadow of the rockies

Most of the matches will be shown in the US on Universal Sports, while the biggest matches will be on NBC. If the NFL season is cancelled due to the lockout, rugby is going to get a lot of attention this fall. I've now seen first hand what happened to the profile of rugby in France following the behaviour of their football team in the World Cup. Maybe the same thing will happen in the US after the lockout and Rugby World Cup on TV.

Last edited:
Most of the matches will be shown in the US on Universal Sports, while the biggest matches will be on NBC. If the NFL season is cancelled due to the lockout, rugby is going to get a lot of attention this fall. I've now seen first hand what happened to the profile of rugby in France following the behaviour of their football team in the World Cup. Maybe the same thing will happen in the US after the lockout and Rugby World Cup on TV.

I am not sure the rest of the rugby playing world wants to wake that sleeping giant. With their population base and $, they could soon turn into a major issue for the top flight nations.

Still would be wonderful to see rugby's profile raised.

I did not know that TSN is showing Rugby.... so sick, that also means it might make morning highlights.

I am not sure the rest of the rugby playing world wants to wake that sleeping giant. With their population base and $, they could soon turn into a major issue for the top flight nations.

Still would be wonderful to see rugby's profile raised.

We can only hope. It'd be wonderful for Sanzar and the Home Unions to get a kick up the backside like that.

TSN and TSN2 is showing all 43 games of the Rugby World Cup in Canada for those wondering, I'd be pretty surprised if we didn't get a release of the game here in NA planety of rugby fans bith serious and casual.

i preordered both rc and rugby 2011 so im pretty happy.

Latest posts