• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tindall to return to England team.

D

danny

Mike Tindall is the form outside centre in the Premiership. Hs displays this season have been outstanding. Either in defence or attack he has oozed authority. I know some members on this forum will shout me down but I have watched him live in numerous games this season and no-one even comes close to matching him. The time has come for him to be back where he belongs, 13 for England.

Hes played well but I dont think hes the 13 England need, but who else is there?

Dan Hipkiss, Turner-Hall or Jon Clarke (heard loads of good said about him)?
Hasn't MJ picked his five changes for he EPS yet? :huh:

He's not even starting at Sale, though. Andy Tuilagi is there before him for cripes sake! :eek:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Jan 6 2009, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hes played well but I dont think hes the 13 England need, but who else is there?[/b]
What, big tackler who gets over the gain line with good leadership skills???
He`s exactly what England need.

Ive been more impressed with Turner-Hall to be fair, the lad is raw but will be a good player!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Jan 7 2009, 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ive been more impressed with Turner-Hall to be fair, the lad is raw but will be a good player![/b]

yeh i agree turner-hall is good. england are looking for players for the next world cup so they are looking for yound players. tindall may be one of the best outside centres in the country now but will he be the best in 2011? turner-hall is a promising option, i would also like to see tait back in the england squad.
but even though tindall is playing well for gloucester, i dont think he can perform like that in the england jersey. im not sure this is just my opinion. but tindall against teams like new zealand against big physical player like nonu and kahui might not perform. kahui outplayed tindall on his debut last summer. the three choices would be turner-hall, tait, and armitage. i would go with armitage at fullback ahead of centre though unless abendanon came in. unfortunately tait might not be first choice due to fact that he isnt starting for sale at the moment. therefore i would agree with cymro and some others and pick turner-hall.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Jan 7 2009, 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ive been more impressed with Turner-Hall to be fair, the lad is raw but will be a good player![/b]

Yes very much so. He had 2 very good games against Stade and I had a keen eye on him at Twickers for the Leicester game. How nice it was to see an English centre who could straighten the line, make ground and maintain some nice hands.

Atm, considering England can't even find one fly half to cut the mustard, I'm full against playing another one at 12. Geraghty... defence isn't good enough to play 12. Barkley... just isn't good enough.

Flood is in crap form atm and was crap in the AIs, just not as obviously as Cipriani was.

I was never convinced by Flutey at 12.

Hence Turner-Hall I think should certainly be in the mix. He's playing well, he's a physical presence in the midfield and he's not the blunt edge that Noon and Tindall are.

Next step is finding a 13. *Tait* deserves at least a f***ing chance to prove he's as crap as mite seems to think.

If he's not good enough for his club, he certainly ain't good enough for England. And he's messed up plenty enough chances already.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jan 7 2009, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If he's not good enough for his club, he certainly ain't good enough for England. And he's messed up plenty enough chances already.[/b]

when has he messed up? apart from that time when he was 18...

He's young, has serious pace and natural talent.

He might not be there yet but he will be.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Jan 7 2009, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jan 7 2009, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If he's not good enough for his club, he certainly ain't good enough for England. And he's messed up plenty enough chances already.[/b]

when has he messed up? apart from that time when he was 18...
[/b][/quote]

Every.

Bloody.

Game.

I'm not having this debate again.

If Tindall does come back, £20 says he gets paired with Noon.

What goes around, comes around...

EDIT: We had these arguments back in 2004 for christsakes! Here is the bottom line, the cast iron truth.

Tindall is a good and powerful player to either make a break through brute force or to make the hard yards and draw in tacklers. However, he is all brawn and absolutely no brain so that means, when left to his own devices, he just goes straight to ground and runs straight at people which is rubbish.

If you pair him with a genius like Will Greenwood though, this all changes. Greenwood, Wilko and Dawson used Tindall as the battering ram to open up opportunities elsewhere or as the bolting horse to take the ball quickly through a gap they had created themselves. Case in point Tindall's break in England vs Ireland 2003.

Pair him up with another brainless brute like, oh I don't know, Jamie Noon for example and you just have two boneheads hammering away at the other team fruitlessly. Like two debeaked Headcrabs from Half Life 2...

Obviously he needs to be paired with a footballing 12, thats pretty obvious.The whole point of picking a centre combination is to get the balance right. England need some experience and Tindall is the man to give them the go forward they need at the moment. I didnt see it in the AI`s. He wont be there at the next world cup but we need to think about building a winning squad and positive mentality. So pick the best players available and that means Tindall must play based on form and experience.

Latest posts