• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TMO: Television Match Official

SavageLez

Academy Player
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Western Province
Do you think the TMO would be a great feature to confirm whether a try has been scored?
Mauls and touchline tries are always the contentious ones.

It's in the RL series of games, and it's alright in that, though more of a gimick than anything else, as you can tell beforehand whether a try has been scored from the animation of them being tackled over the line (by which i mean, there's four different TMO tackles, and two are tries two are no tries, so one you've played a few games you recognise them)

Yeah. The problem with a video game TMO is that the game automagically knows whether it's a try or not because of the coding and rules associated with that code. A replay so the user can see the try might be handy, but having a full-blown TMO situation might be a bit much.

i would like that! i would also like to see a feature in gameplay during matches, next to the scorboard it says how many phases and and meters you have gained from getting the ball.

Yeah. The problem with a video game TMO is that the game automagically knows whether it's a try or not because of the coding and rules associated with that code. A replay so the user can see the try might be handy, but having a full-blown TMO situation might be a bit much.

Also, you'd just skip it to see if you scored.

i would like that! i would also like to see a feature in gameplay during matches, next to the scorboard it says how many phases and and meters you have gained from getting the ball.

I love the idea of each players stats being made vailable at half time. Metres gained, tackles missed, scuccessful tackles by each player etc!

good idea but they would have to cut to when you're scoring straight away otherwise you will be able to tell b4 it goes to the TMO

Would be hard to get it right but if done correctly it would be great!

If this is focussed on, it could be done... I mean, there are times right now where I score on 08 and its ruled as a 22m drop out and thats with the regular scoring animations. As long as its worked on patiently this could be a great feature. As for the skipping, you could helped that with a "no skipping tmo" enable/disable feature in your options.
Especially with the TMO being used so frequently these days I think it's close to a must for any rugby game

If its anything like the one on RLL better off doing without. It doesn't add anything and you always know if you've scored or not straight away which defeats the purpose. A good well thought out TMO would be mean but I'd rather see them concentrate on other aspects such as the gameplay and bring it in on future games fore shore.

This would be a pretty kool idea... but as said earlier it needs to be done really well. In previous games your players could be completely out when tackled but as long as the ball stayed in play it didn't matter. This needs to be changed before they can look at TMO. it would be awesome if when the did the replay there was a few different angles and the TMO would rewind and play to pinpoint wether there was a knock on or a foot in touch.

I like the feedback, I wonder if the developers could look at this suggestion and let us know what they think?

Latest posts