• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

To be the best - Beat the best

BladeMode

Academy Player
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
After today, I think the script has been written for the Springboks to truly prove that the are the best team in the world. There is NO easy road for us anymore and we are too proud to throw any games (Samoa anyone?). The only way that this can change is if France beats the Kiwi's in the pool games which could then lead to a Springbok vs Kiwi final (how awesome would that be).

The same applies to the Aussies if they beat the Boks in the Semi's. The Australian loss has to me, as a bok supporter, created the ideal platform for the Springboks to prove that they are the best. After this, there can be no one who says that the Boks did not play against this or that team. It would also give us Tri-nations revenge.

PS. This is purely written from a Boks supporter perspective should all fallin place for us.

What is your ideal scenario given the current swing of things?

The latest swing of things tells me that no team can afford to be complacent even if theyre fancied as favourites. If the Tri Nations champs are beatable then we're all beatable. The springboks have to take it game by game and play their hearts out.
Today was a significant improvement but a better team would have taken greater advantage of our failings. Having said that, our defence was structured and our scramble defence was pretty good too....

Latest posts